It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adoptive Mom's 'Newborn' Photo Shoot With 13-year-old Son Goes Viral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ok, we need a new forum for this one.

Is it just me that finds this a little disturbing? Many online are in support of it but I just don't get it whatsoever. Some things cannot be reclaimed. Cradle time would be one of those things.
news.ca.msn.com...

The face is angelic, the lighting soft and the subject is napping peacefully – just the way a newborn photo shoot should look. It took 13 years, but Latrell Higgins finally has his baby photos. “Here's my sweet not so little newborn! His name is Latrell and weighs 112 lbs.,” his mom Kelli Higgins proudly announced on Facebook, where the boy’s simple wish created an online sensation.

And what's going to happen when he gets older? I don't even want to think what school is going to be like come Monday morning.

Here's the little tyke in all his glory...

While some people have raised concerns that Latrell would be embarrassed by the photos, he told TODAY.com that he likes the results and that everyone he has showed the photos to thinks they are funny. Meanwhile, positive reaction is overflowing on Higgins’ Facebook page, where the photos have been shared thousands of times and prompted hundreds of comments of support.

Maybe it really is just me that finds this a little disturbing to say the least. So many others seem to be in support of it.

"This is such a beautiful thing to do!" one person wrote. "I know so many people who adopted older children and don't have ANY pictures of their infancy. What a spectacular way to remedy that... after all, he'll always be your baby."

Peace

edit on 16-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I saw these too and thought it was weird. I get the sentiment, and it's sweet, but infancy is just something you can't recapture. Plus I'm pretty sure those are girl leggings in the feet picture.

I could see doing announcements like you would for a newborn, only using age appropriate portraits....If it were me anyway. S&F
edit on 16-2-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm a little embarrassed for everyone involved. It's entirely too... precious, I guess, is the word I'm looking for. It's not that I don't think the kids should be valued; it's just that this seems 'way over the top to the point of creepy.

I wish them all good luck; but I don't see this being good for anyone in the long run....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

ok the words WTF in abbreviated form why even put this on the news or how come it gose viral simply who gives a # im my opinion maybe between family members its ok but this much publicity is just stupid one do some real journalism for the media two people get your heads out of your ass who cares lol no offense to any one intended this is just a simple observation from me stating that people have their priorities fd up its ok if its just between the family thats cool but for any body els? awwwwww soo cute yeah right what ever lol

EDIT sorry for coming off to harse to anyone this is what i think lol
edit on 17-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: Emotional feedback

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Meh, he's cute as far as babies go.

But the nappies, I shudder to think.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Meh, he's cute as far as babies go.

But the nappies, I shudder to think.

Here's the line...there's you...crossing over it...

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That's just messed up!
I have no other words- that's just messed up!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I hope he has thick skin.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jude11

That's just messed up!
I have no other words- that's just messed up!

I have many other words but shouldn't use them here...

Yeah, messed up is correct IMO. Whew! Thought I was alone on this one.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

I'm a little embarrassed for everyone involved. It's entirely too... precious, I guess, is the word I'm looking for. It's not that I don't think the kids should be valued; it's just that this seems 'way over the top to the point of creepy.

I wish them all good luck; but I don't see this being good for anyone in the long run....

Yeah, creepy is getting pretty close to describing it IMO.

I can see all the reasons posted as to why they did this but can't understand how they didn't see the one reason for not doing it. Creepy being the reason.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How is this weirder than any other sentimental gestures or even romantic gestures?

If a friend gets nude photo's of his girlfriend on the morning of his wedding I don't say it's weird just because I think he has a bad taste in women. The beauty of the gesture does not depend on whether I would want to see the pictures or not.

I would agree it may be unconventional but what a beautiful gesture. Opinions only have a temporary relevance, memories are relevant as long as they are remembered.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowBase
How is this weirder than any other sentimental gestures or even romantic gestures?

If a friend gets nude photo's of his girlfriend on the morning of his wedding I don't say it's weird just because I think he has a bad taste in women. The beauty of the gesture does not depend on whether I would want to see the pictures or not.

I would agree it may be unconventional but what a beautiful gesture. Opinions only have a temporary relevance, memories are relevant as long as they are remembered.

Sure.... right up until those "gestures" get you picked on and beat up for several years....

Maybe they should of only taken memories, and not pictures...and posted them on FB.
edit on 17-2-2013 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
He'll be teased about this his whole life...

Good start, mom!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by goochball
He'll be teased about this his whole life...

Good start, mom!

Yeah, it's going to follow him everywhere.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Though you might be right but would you not agree that this is a society issue? If everyone just keeps bending to society's all-judging views we wont ever see a moral society evolve on earth.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
ok ok ok its a little creepy lol im agreeing refer to my first post though i still stand by it

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRS1234
ok ok ok its a little creepy lol im agreeing refer to my first post though i still stand by it

I hope he's not wearing a onesie in that pic...

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
As I understand it from the article brief: The boy is the one that requested and wanted the photos done in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with this at all.
It's cute, and even artistic.

There are grown men that dress up like women and we're not having threads on that now are we?

Some of you want to embrace the possibilities of aliens visiting this planet among any number of other kooky topics that are lent often extremely passionate support on these forums and THIS weirds you out?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When the kids at his school start throwing binkies at him it will no longer be fun and games.
Let's just hope he goes to a good school where the other kids have a good sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just seeing the pictures, it looks odd, and kind of creepy... but reading the actual story it's turns out it's more of an "internal joke" between the family members.

The family was sitting around the dinner table last month, when Higgins – a professional photographer – mentioned that she was preparing for an upcoming baby photo session. Latrell mentioned that he wished he had baby photos of himself. Higgins’ 12-year-old daughter asked, why not “recreate” a newborn photo shoot just for Latrell? The family had a good laugh thinking about him in all the newborn poses.

It was his new sister that suggested it, with all of them having a good laugh.

Higgins and Latrell went into her studio the next day, both laughing hysterically the whole time, she recalled.

And the "newborn" and his new mother seems to have had a blast taking them.

Good for them - I'm sure it will be a great laugh for years to come. And good on the Higgins family... when they adopted Latrell and his sister, they already had 5 kids, with a 6th on the way. I'm well impressed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join