It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informant: Islamic Compounds in America are Training for Jihad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
O.K. so this kinda scares the crap out of me...

I want you all to read this and let me know what you think...

damn scary stuff here..

In Hancock, NY an Islamic community that sits on 80 acres of land has decided to form its own government. They call their community: The Town of Islamberg. They have their own mayor, deputy mayor and five town council members. None of them are elected, of course.

They even boast that their “town” provides departments of education, medical, finance and land development services.

This Islamic compound has truly become a city-state. Though not recognized as a legitimate township by the City of Hancock, this Islamic community nevertheless enforces its own laws on the “citizens” within its borders. They do so by using the iron fist of Sharia law.

I interviewed a member of this camp, which sits deep in the Catskills Mountains of upstate New York. The Islamic group that has established this camp is part a network known as Muslims of the Americas (MOA), which has documented links to Al Qaeda.

MOA has established similar villages in nearly three-dozen locations nationwide, with other prominent camps found in Texas, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, California and Tennessee.

lawenforcementtoday.com...]
edit on 16-2-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

"Islamberg"

Sorry but this strikes my funny bone.

It would lead me to believe that this isn't true or if indeed it is legit, whoever came up with the town name wasn't trying hard enough.

Interesting tho.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why would I believe anything coming from a site called "Law Enforcement Today"......?

Cops are known for lying...

And the article was written by this guy..

Martin Mawyer is the Founder and President of Christian Action Network, a non-profit public advocacy and education group based in Lynchburg, Virginia.

He began his career as a freelance journalist and has authored several books, including “Silent Shame,” “The Pro-Family Contract With America,” “Pathways to Success,” and his most recent, “Twilight in America: The Untold Story of Islamic Terrorist Training Camps Inside America.” He has produced a number of documentary films, including Homegrown Jihad, Islam Rising, Sacrificed Survivors and America’s Islamic Threat. Mawyer has appeared on The O’Reilly Factor, Hannity, Larry King Live, Pat Robertson’s 700 Club, NBC’s Today Show, Entertainment Tonight and Fox and Friends.

He's a right wing extremist evangelical that the corporate (mostly right wing side of that) media uses him for their fear mongering agenda.

edit on 16-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Cops are known for lying...

Say it ain't so!

Cops are not supposed to lie and therefore they don't ...Right?

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

The place definatly exist a simple google search brings up

www.foxnews.com...

www.google.com... ei=M18gUYrYCKe70QHfgoDIBA&usg=AFQjCNF84r-Uo5poJSsSPI8EeSbwbvU4HQ&bvm=bv.42553238,d.dmQ

Now if it is what the writer is claiming it is well that's another question.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh I see!

A dozens years of war on terror abroad bombing up nation after nation and still going at it, had gotten America farsighted until it realized te terror cells are right here in the homeland breeding up terror

I'm scared!

Obama carries on the Bushs' "crusade" and installment of a "new world order" through the power of drones to take out these domestic terror cells the homeland is infested with. Our hero!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ANY coordinates to this place?

Wonder if they have any elaborate caves like Osama had.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Of those locals who expressed fears about Islamberg, almost none of them said they had ever actually had any substantial interaction with anyone from the compound.

Islamberg got its start about 20 years ago, when — inspired by the words of the Sufi cleric Sheikh Syed Mubarik Ali Shah Gilani — a group of primarily black Muslims from Brooklyn left New York City to escape crime, poverty and racism. Aiming to lead what they believed was a peaceful and holy Muslim life, they built a community of some 40 family houses, their own grocery store and a bookstore.

And though the community is noticeably less friendly that it once was, some say that it still welcomes those who make an effort to be sympathetic.

The doctor at the local clinic in Deposit, John Giannone, now fasts on Ramadan out of respect for the community's beliefs and has maintained a relatively close relationship with the group. When his house was devastated by flooding that nearly wiped Deposit off the map in June 2006, volunteers from Islamberg came down and helped him clear out the debris and clean up the rental home his family had moved into. Giannone says they even did the dishes.

That flood was one occasion when Islamberg shone, according to many. According to several accounts, Islamberg men, women, boys and girls pitched in and helped clear debris, clean people's basements, distribute food and maintain the emergency shelter where residents gathered. On July 4, the Muslims joined the rest of the community for a dinner to commemorate their shared adversity.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

^real terrorists

Bunch of fear mongering from the right wing media.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

That's why I brought it up..
It does exist...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Informant: Islamic Compounds in America are Training for Jihad,

Good thing You guys have Drones to take care of this,

Here is the photo used in the article below, the second image is a clip of the first image but shown in hex.
it is from Aug 2008 and is of Palestinians training at an undisclosed location in the Gaza.

Just my 2 cents

Maybe the author, could not find a real image.

shown Hex

edit on 16/2/2013 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sounds like a story from the onion or something.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
these storys are ridiculous

ok..if true

they are independant from anywhere else
and a product of the US

but its sad how people have kept this anti islam alive, even after the MSM have stopped

its been over 10 years now.. non stop

and it turns out that the west and isreal support most of todays terrorists,,,in libya, syria etc

all, from top to bottom...pure BS

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by baddmove

"Islamberg"

Sorry but this strikes my funny bone.

It would lead me to believe that this isn't true or if indeed it is legit, whoever came up with the town name wasn't trying hard enough.

Interesting tho.

Peace

It isn't true?

It's been there decades.

Lol, I love how ats fosters the opposite of it's supposed motto.

The village was founded in the late 1980s, when, inspired by the words of the Sufi Sheikh, a group of primarily African American Muslims from Brooklyn left New York City to escape crime, poverty and racism

Nothing to see at all. Islam has never hurt a fly. Good lads and ladettes.

I hear they even do your dishes when it floods..

top topics

join