It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pontypool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So, last night, around 2 AM, I put on a movie expecting to watch 10 minutes of it and then be ready to fall asleep. I ended up watching the whole thing and after that I was unable to sleep. When I did manage to pass out for a little bit, I had a terrifying dream that lingered even after I woke up.

That movie was Pontypool and I highly recommend watching it. Especially alone, in the dark with your full attention. It's on Netflix Instant and you can also find it on YouTube.

I don't like to say too much about movies, especially ones where I go in completely blind. I will say a few things: The first 45 minutes are brilliant. Extremely tense and frightening. The back half, maybe a little less, isn't bad, but it feels much more generic than the first half. It's still very interesting. I'll also say that it reminded me of the book "Just a Couple of Days" by Tony Vigorito and of "The Man From Earth," not for any philosophical reasons, but because both are movies where everything is kept extremely close and the emphasis is on talking.

I'm going to carry this movie with me for awhile. Of course, not everyone may find it so effective. It's a somewhat divisive movie. All the same, it effected me so much that I need to infect other people with it.

edit on 2/16/2013 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I enjoy that movie as well. No offense to my northern neighbors in Canada but when I noticed it was a Canadian made film I wasn't expecting much. Needless to say this movie exceeded my expectations. I'd recommend it to everyone.
OP: Thank you for starting this thread, I think I'm going to watch Pontypool tonight lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Going to check it out thank you!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

Let me know what you think! Even if you don't like it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

I also enjoyed this movie
Saw it a long while back.

I must second The Man From Earth! I really enjoyed that one

edit on 16-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
No offense to my northern neighbors in Canada but when I noticed it was a Canadian made film I wasn't expecting much.

From what I am seeing this is a Canadian movie Cube. Older horror/scifi classic. Definitely see it if you haven't.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

Just watched it. Even digging the track to the credits. Good call and thanks.

top topics

join