It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator Drone? Flying over a park?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum but here it goes
Me and my girlfriend decided to go to a park, It's a pretty good size park that does weddings and have a lake.
We headed there after coming back from the beach, so we decided to lay on the grass and cuddle and relax.
Then she points to the sky and says how beautiful it looks and explains to me that whenever she looks at clouds she feels like her body is moving and not the clouds whatever lol and we had a little discussion.

after the discussion, we just looked back to the sky and we see a plane, but it doesn't look like a regular plane.
Two white lights on the edge of both wings, flashing really fast.
didn't look like a commercial plane at all, and was going really fast, too fast for a regular plane.
I joked around and said it was a military drone and she was like shut up. While we were laying there I looked up a picture of it on my iPhone and she said it looked exactly like that in the sky.

there was a wedding going on in the park too, located in orlando, florida off the street Orange Ave,
Just found it weird that I might have seen a drone in a random location.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
did you try take a pic?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mellowdrew

she feels like her body is moving and not the clouds

The best part of the story

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
wouldn't doubt it. they're coming..

link

at least, we'd been warned that there will be about 30,000 over the u.s. by 2020

as reported to be part of TPTB code of "ethics", they have to "tell us" what they're doing

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

she feels like her body is moving and not the clouds

The best part of the story

quite a romantic story too

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
did you try take a pic?

Honestly, I wasn't even worried about it and didn't even bother to take a picture.
The whole situation kinda hit me when we were driving back home lol

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

there was a wedding going on in the park too

Yeah, ends like a "telenovela".
edit on 16-2-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Check around for local air force bases, because I live in a part of Florida next to a military base, and I see various style drones everyday. Perhaps it's just the military doing a little training.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
Check around for local air force bases, because I live in a part of Florida next to a military base, and I see various style drones everyday. Perhaps it's just the military doing a little training.

you could be right, we were near the MCO International Orlando Airport, not sure if that matters.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
no shortage of cheap drones people can now put together in their garages and fly around the neighborhood.
wonder if local tv stations will start using them instead of helos?
local police too.

www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

"Here comes the future; who knows where it's gonna lead?"
The Cranes
edit on 16-2-2013 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I bet you google maps will be looking to rent one of these...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Did it happen to look like this at all,

It's called the Parrot AR Drone. My friend has one and it's amazing what this thing can do...it's kind of scary actually. You control it through your smart device while viewing where it's going from it's HD cameras on the screen and it can go very far.

The 4-propeller cross-type helicopter design takes off vertically, hovers and flies in all directions. A reinvention of Parrot's original AR.Drone quadricopter, the AR.Drone 2.0 comes with a variety of new hardware and software improvements. First off, it has a 720p camera located in the nose of the R/C copter for filming all of your aviation adventures in incredible HD that you can watch live on your smartphone or share on YouTube. Second, it has a feature that allows you to create your own flight path - just set the coordinates and watch your AR.Drone 2.0 go! The new "outdoor hull" design makes it more wind resistant for increased stability, while the mixture of sensors, including 3D magnetometer and pressure sensor, allow the aircraft to auto-orient itself and reach higher altitudes than ever before.

Here's a link to where he got it with additional photos including the outdoor hull and information,
www.thesource.ca...

Edit: Just wanted to mention that a park is an ideal place to fly these suckers
edit on 16-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

It's called the Parrot AR Drone. My friend has one and it's amazing what this thing can do...it's kind of scary actually. You control it through your smart device while viewing where it's going from it's HD cameras on the screen and it can go very far.

The 4-propeller cross-type helicopter design takes off vertically, hovers and flies in all directions. A reinvention of Parrot's original AR.Drone quadricopter, the AR.Drone 2.0 comes with a variety of new hardware and software improvements. First off, it has a 720p camera located in the nose of the R/C copter for filming all of your aviation adventures in incredible HD that you can watch live on your smartphone or share on YouTube. Second, it has a feature that allows you to create your own flight path - just set the coordinates and watch your AR.Drone 2.0 go! The new "outdoor hull" design makes it more wind resistant for increased stability, while the mixture of sensors, including 3D magnetometer and pressure sensor, allow the aircraft to auto-orient itself and reach higher altitudes than ever before.

Here's a link to where he got it with additional photos including the outdoor hull and information,
www.thesource.ca...

no me and my girlfriend both went over it and agreed it looked like a predator (drone) 100% the flashing lights, body and color

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If it was too fast for a commercial plane, how was it a Predator? The max airspeed of a Predator is 120KTAS (Knots True Air Speed), which is about 130 mph. A Boeing 737, which is a smaller commercial plane, lands faster than that.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
If it was too fast for a commercial plane, how was it a Predator? The max airspeed of a Predator is 120KTAS (Knots True Air Speed), which is about 130 mph. A Boeing 737, which is a smaller commercial plane, lands faster than that.

we are not so sure of the altitude of it, it was a spur of the moment type comment about it, could be closer so to our eyes it "looks" faster makes sense?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There is a base in Jax, Fla, 68 miles from my house. Drones are here.

There are more or will be more on a carrier in the Atlantic.

OP I believe you.
Thank you for your report.

Remember one thing about members on this site = No body except a few like me will believe you when you have no picture to back your story up.

And even when you do have a picture it will be discected and said to not be really what you saw.

Even though this happens there are members that will test your theory because as I, they too believe anything is possible.

Don't allow negative comments dim your view of ATS. There are many, many fine and reasonable logical members that will never be rude to another member.

Good to have you here.
Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
There is a base in Jax, Fla, 68 miles from my house. Drones are here.

There are more or will be more on a carrier in the Atlantic.

OP I believe you.
Thank you for your report.

Remember one thing about members on this site = No body except a few like me will believe you when you have no picture to back your story up.

And even when you do have a picture it will be discected and said to not be really what you saw.

Even though this happens there are members that will test your theory because as I, they too believe anything is possible.

Don't allow negative comments dim your view of ATS. There are many, many fine and reasonable logical members that will never be rude to another member.

Good to have you here.
Peace

thanks for the input, I was just wondering if anyone around my area has seen them around. My first time ever seeing one in my area, actually in my entire life lol

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

There won't be any on a carrier anywhere for years yet. So far the only one that has been on a carrier was to do tests of the arm controller, and to verify that it could safely move on deck. They're still a year or more from ship trials.

As for Jacksonville, there are literally dozens of military bases in Florida, including Eglin, which is the main testing base for the Air Force.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellowdrew

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

www.thesource.ca...

no me and my girlfriend both went over it and agreed it looked like a predator (drone) 100% the flashing lights, body and color

www.youtube.com...

The Parrot drone has (2) solid green LEDs forward and (2) solid red LEDs aft. I used to own one, until it ran away (interference from competing 802.11 signals). Crashed in a tree after flying a few hundred feet straight up into the air..

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by dizziedame

There won't be any on a carrier anywhere for years yet. So far the only one that has been on a carrier was to do tests of the arm controller, and to verify that it could safely move on deck. They're still a year or more from ship trials.

As for Jacksonville, there are literally dozens of military bases in Florida, including Eglin, which is the main testing base for the Air Force.

without giving up my location, I agree with you because I live near Eglin, lol. Like I said, I see drones everyday. sometimes 4 at a time flying patterns near the bombing ranges. and Eglin is in the panhandle.
edit on 2/17/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join