It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Meteor shot down by UFO's?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
As long as something new and interesting happens, people will look for the smallest details that point to something else, I'm not saing that it is impossible though

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
the lense flare destroyed the meteorite.military has mastered the control of lense flares?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OK so there is a little bit of lens flare above and below the meteor. SO? what a distraction!
we should be focussed on the object that approaches the meteor from behind and flies through it intact!
Implies it isn't our technology.
I think some alien friend out there saved a lot of Russian lives by helping to break up the meteorite.

No?

here is another video:

link

edit on 18-2-2013 by Dr X because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by Dr X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

There are hundreds of videos of this thing, where are the other angles showing these "orbs"?

edit on 18-2-2013 by Wheelindiehl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

See my post on page 4 of this thread. The second video has different angles.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
OK so there is a little bit of lens flare above and below the meteor. SO? what a distraction!
we should be focussed on the object that approaches the meteor from behind and flies through it intact!
Implies it isn't our technology.

Obviously not, since the "object" appears from nowhere with a predetermined trajectory, somehow dramatically accelerates as it "passes through" the meteor, then emerges at its original velocity.

Yeah, I did a frame-by-frame. Methinks we're seeing what we want to see here.
edit on 18-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here's another angle of the amazing orbs, but these seem to be flying into the meteor, and from a bunch of different angles!!!

www.bing.com...

not everything is a conspiracy...
edit on 18-2-2013 by Wheelindiehl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by proob4

the one angle where a "UFO" is pointed out...the "UFO" is above the meteor? In the OP video it was below the meteor?
THEY ARE LENS FLARES, NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY, THE METEOR WAS NOT SHOT DOWN!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Leaning to the lens-flare explanation as well.

Someone yelled "bumpmap this and you'll see!" .. so just for the fun of it, i thought i might have a go at that.

Ran the video thru a standard bumpmapping-filter, you find in most video-editing software.
And low and behold! Something that actually looks like an UFO does appear (@0:07) from the bottom right, and vanishes to the left. The bumpmapping enhances the lensflare, creating astounding "magic" effects.
You can also clearly see the dirt on the windshield.

More about lens flare
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Wondering if you could "Bumpmap" the 1st video in my post on page 4 of this thread?
Thanks for the video you posted also.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
reply to post by kloejen

Wondering if you could "Bumpmap" the 1st video in my post on page 4 of this thread?
Thanks for the video you posted also.

Sure. Here you go

Looks spectacular

Unless this have been CGI'ed, it does appear that something is being ejected outwards.
edit on 18/2/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This makes the most sense. It would not be the meteor breaking up either because for it to accelerate again almost double the speed it was already travelling at would be quite impressive.
edit on 18-2-2013 by dariousg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I remember seeing a Channel 4 program Close Encounters in Siberia about the Tunguska incident where a local museum curator looks straight into the screen and explained that the meteorite in Tunguska was shot down by a UFO - and he had proof within his museum. Scientists explained that the meteorite had exploded in the air but to me, their explanation why a meteorite would explode in the air was as convincing as the UFO theory that it was shot out of the sky.

So great to see the conspiracy coming back.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Well you know if you are among the CB, (aka caption Bill) followers, that is exactly what is being said.

With that being said I thought the whole event and all the related video is just strange...

Thanks for asking the question
SnF
edit on 18-2-2013 by wutz4tom because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I thought the dirty windscreen refracting the light was a pretty good answer. The car was in a mild bend at the time. In edit, perhaps I should say a laterally smeared windscreen. I had a quick go at cleaning my screen today on the inside, wiping across, but all the grime wasn't properly cleared, and all the tiny lateral streaks, and others were lit up by the sun, one after another in a mild corner, much the same as the video. Even the direction didn't make a difference.
edit on 18-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am not sure how much the 'Meteor Shot Down' theory has been talked about in conversations around the internet, but I think it is an interesting point to make;

I have always been taught that an object exploding by it's own device will project fragments outwards in all directions. Maybe my mind is tricking me, but the meteor's material doesn't seem to be uniformly moving outward and away from the meteor.

It seems to behave similar to many other objects effected by a different source of explosion.

If you place a watermelon at 25yds and shoot 1 round from an AK, the entry point will not suffer the sort of damage found at the exit point. The rear of the melon, where the exit point is located, will be completely blow off. The melon's insides will be pulled along the bullet's path.

This can be seen in many different impact scenarios. Break a window and you can see which direction the impact originated from.

This meteor also seems to follow the same principle. The 'projectile', moving from the tail to the meteor's body, makes contact and exits through the front. As it exits, it drags some of the meteor along with it - the same as a bullet does when it exits the melon.

This may all be pointless though, as someone did mention the object's absence in different versions of the clip...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Great work thanks again for doing that. I think it looks even more compelling now.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Something definitely missile-like approaches the meteor from the rear and flies through it causing it to explode. I doubt someone would put together a CGI presentation this quick after the fact. Could be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Look at the original video. It's lens flare.

Ok...so now there's a conspiracy that all of the different videos were creating using lens flare, and the news stories run...for what purpose? Is it to help boost support for NASA funding? To promote a new movie with Ben AFLAC eating cookies with Steven Tyler? What would be the purpose of this grand lens-flare-videos-not-perfectly-natural-meteorite conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There are parts of the contrail that look so unnatural for a meteor tumbling randomly through the atmosphere and fragmenting. Producing two neat parallel contrails that then incline in tandem at the same angle, then reduce uniformly in tandem whilst still following the same parallel course for a large portion of the total contrail is statistically unlikely and probably would be impossible to reproduce in a lab.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join