It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Meteor shot down by UFO's?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Wow!

That is certainly not A Russian Missile. Whatever those projectiles were,
they must have been shot out at faster than 40,000 MPH, since that's how
fast scientists are now saying the Meteor was traveling when it exploded,
not to mention (well I am mentioning) that the two craft attempting to
intercept must be traveling at incredible speeds themselves, just to get
close enough to the meteor to shoot at it.

Interesting firing system-- reminded me of asteroids. (the video game),
(I know, I'm dating myself)

Great footage!

Rebel V

edit on 17-2-2013 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I just wanted to share this interesting video that has recently surfaced showing a supposed UFO hanging around in the sky after the meteor hit,

edit on 17-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
UPDATE:

Here is a better video showing something hitting the Russian Meteor.
Still think lense flare?

Its the same video.

Its all light catching the scratches and marks in the car windscreen as the light and car moves, lens flare, pretty much just normal effect of a glass pane between the object and camera. The original video has to be watched more than any that are zoomed in. The streaks of light clearly move in relation to the passage of the meteor across the view and the cars movement.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
I just wanted to share this interesting video that has recently surfaced showing a supposed UFO hanging around in the sky after the meteor hit,

edit on 17-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

No sir, thats bigfoot
err a hockey puck
wait, lens flare... yeah thats it... lens flare!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
right now on 60 minutes they're going over isreals anti missle defence...

kinda cute lol

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The first thing i thought of when I heard it might have been shot down, was the story of the metallic objects that are suppose to be buried in the ground in siberia. I know some have claimed they are some sort of weapon system to protect the earth from events such as this. Does anyone remember what im talking about. I know i have seem some videos on these objects before. Here i found a video on it

edit on 17-2-2013 by phylos because: edit for video

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just to be clear, nobody really thinks a UFO shot down the meteor, right?

edit on 17-2-2013 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The black spots on the color inverted images line up exactly with the lens flares on the non color inverted images.
either the ufo disguised itself as a lens flare or there wasn`t a ufo.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Could it be that these "UFO's" are really just drones?

But of course the people at the controls will never admit to it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Maybe one of the theories being mentioned here offers an explanation for this video that was shot Dec. 2012 by a Sacramento, Ca. man. The video in this thread reminded me of it. Don't think any other explanation has been offered. www.youtube.com...=0s

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PerceptionReality

I don't think drones can out fly a 40,000 mph meteorite.

I hear there fast, but not that fast.

Just my two cents.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Maybe the ufo's are our guardian angels looking out for us.

That is a good way to think about it.

Jack Handey? I didn't know you were on ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Whoever made this video has to much time on their hands

reply to post by proob4

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Lens flare.

Define shot down? If anything shot at and didn't do much..(though I believe it is a camera effect)
See ya

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
reply to post by PerceptionReality

I don't think drones can out fly a 40,000 mph meteorite.

I hear there fast, but not that fast.

Just my two cents.

Rebel 5

Right there with ya. There is nothing USA has, China has, or the Russian government has that can catch up to a meteor traveling 40000 miles per hour, as this cgi'd/lens flared video is depicting. It is structurally beyond our technological capability right now. Hypersonic planes and missiles we are currently testing have all flown apart at speeds just a fraction of 40000 mph. This video is either a result of a videographic anomaly our just an out and out doctored fake. That's just my opinion on it, but I don't believe the Russians, a UFO, Bigfoot, Nessie, Santa Claus, Superman, or any other crazy hypersonic projectile source y'all might throw out there shot this thing down for one second ...It broke apart like most meteorites do due to intense heat and friction. That is all.
edit on 2/17/2013 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/17/2013 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, lets say that this is not a lens flare, and take away the UFO nonsense to try to find a more realistic scenario that could fit what is being observed.

As the asteroid enters the Earth's atmosphere, it has already started to fragment due to stress. Directly behind the main mass are smaller pieces (albeit, still quite massive) that are trailing it. The main mass hits the atmospheric wall and probably slows down to half it's speed in a second. The fragments behind it are shielded from the terrific forces the main mass is now subjected too, since they are riding in it's wake, much like a car behind a semi-truck.

As soon as the main bolide starts to lose it's cosmic velocity, the pieces behind it ram directly through it , further breaking up the main bolide. As a result, there is much more surface area of the fragments now in direct contact with the atmosphere and a second later, Boom!... they all succumb to the thickening atmosphere as if they hit a brick wall.

It is just a fanciful scenario, but see how much better it fits the observation than lens flares and UFO's ?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sigh guess CGI trolling is the new cool thing to do for kids these days.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ill never believe it was shot down especially by an ufo. This is bogus, try to search on google.
This coming up as first link.
"But if there’s a lot of ice and/or frozen carbon dioxide in this meteor, it’s going to heat up and start to boil. If you have a solid piece of rock with a cavern of boiling water inside, it’s only a matter of time before the pressure builds up enough to cause a powerful explosion."

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lens flare? really phage?

How about this vid, it's much longer and really shows an object catching up to the astroid from behind and then going right thru it , causing parts of it to break off and a second later it blows up.
Looks like it was hit for real, to me.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join