It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD:SATAN:JESUS:WE:CHOICE:LIFE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ah, that again. Well, I'll just put it this way: if the people in your city are putting their lives and education in the hands of doctors and teachers who don't care about them, then I feel sorry for them.

The doctors and teachers I have had experience with do care about the people. They care very much.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

Ah, that again. Well, I'll just put it this way: if the people in your city are putting their lives and education in the hands of doctors and teachers who don't care about them, then I feel sorry for them.

The doctors and teachers I have had experience with do care about the people. They care very much.

But do you see, you haven't explained how that caring is bound by logic. And that was your goal as per my question. Again I give you more credit than this.

What do you mean, " Ah that again "? I'm doing as you asked me to do because you asked the right way. WTF ?

I give up you win !
edit on 20-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But do you see, you haven't explained how that caring is bound by logic. And that was your goal as per my question. Again I give you more credit than this.

Yes, it was my goal. You are looking at it the wrong way...the caring is not bound by logic. It coexists with logic, using knowledge to achieve that which the caring says must be done. If someone's house is on fire, use logic to quench the flames. If someone has a cut, use knowledge to heal the wound. If someone sorely lacks understanding, use knowledge to help them see.

If there is a deficiency, caring will want it taken care of. That's the motivation. Knowledge will show how. That's the means. The end...well, we see the end result every day. If not for doctors and teachers, we would be a world full of sick idiots. It's only because of them that the world isn't worse.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Or it's only because of them wanting a paygheck. I resent you telling me I'm looking at it the wrong way. I don't have this communication problem with anyone but you AI. It's like talking to my wife only more intimidating.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Or it's only because of them wanting a paygheck. I resent you telling me I'm looking at it the wrong way. I don't have this communication problem with anyone but you AI. It's like talking to my wife only more intimidating.

So you don't trust any of the people entrusted with your well-being? Do you live in a cabin out in the mountains, or in a rabbit hole out in the middle of some desert? How do you live in civilized society when you don't trust the people in charge of making sure everything runs smoothly? Or is it just that you don't believe that love and logic can collaborate? It's called compassion. Compassion and the knowledge to satiate it.

But from the sounds of it, you don't believe in that stuff. Such a cynical point of view. I thought I was bad, but I guess you can have the cake!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Not with the cake again ?

You can't possibly be as cynical as you are and believe that all those people, involved in all those professions, have the warm fuzzies inside everytime they go to work A I. Blow that smoke some where else.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You can't possibly be as cynical as you are and believe that all those people, involved in all those professions, have the warm fuzzies inside everytime they go to work A I. Blow that smoke some where else.

Yes, but I'm not going to assume that every single one of them is an unproductive asshat with no ambition nor inclination to take their fellow man's needs into consideration.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Yes, but I'm not going to assume that every single one of them is an unproductive asshat with no ambition nor inclination to take their fellow man's needs into consideration.

And I gave you the impression that I do ? Nowhere ever did I or would I say or even think something so asinine.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And I gave you the impression that I do ? Nowhere ever did I or would I say or even think something so asinine.

Yes, you gave me that impression when you denied the possibility of caring bound by logic, and when you proceeded to scoff at the idea of doctors and teachers who are in it for more than the money.
edit on 20-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ok, you asked for caring bound by logic. Here is my logical reasoning on the subject:

1) Life is programmed to survive (therefore being healthy and reproducing).

2) Destructive behaviors towards others is unhealthy and therefore not beneficial to the survival of the specie.

3) Caring for others will influence good healthy and will help with the thriving of the specie as compared to a society where all did not care and were destructive to each other.

So this is logical reasoning for care bound by logic.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

No you read what you want to read.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Oh, is that what he wanted? Well, he didn't exactly specify...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What are you ultimately getting at with this logic and caring stuff? That 'caring' is rooted in religion? That atheists and non-religious have no real basis to care? I will go back and read all the posts. My bad if I misread.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I can't believe it interests you but, what ever blows you're dress up ?
Damn sure doesn't interest me in the least.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can't believe it interest you but what ever blows you're dress up.
Damn sure doesn't interest me in the least.

I noticed you didn't answer his/her question. Go back and answer it, please. I'd like to know what you're trying to say as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So confused. Can't believe what interests me?

*Edit: 30 year old male heathen

edit on 20-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

That's funny, I thought I was waiting for her to misread all my posts ?

And we're far beyond please now. Begging on your knees might suffice.

Lucid

So confused. Can't believe what interests me

If you're already confused why would even try to explain anything to you ?

Edit: 30 year old male heathen

Thanks for the compliment.

Anything else ?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

30 year old male heathen

I was describing myself
I edited it to respond to the "his/her".

Also, I am still confused

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

So confused. Can't believe what interests me

So am I. Confused on why you here ?

Because I'm not. This is tragic.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Anything else ?

Yeah. Why won't you answer our questions? All you've been doing is making off the wall remarks that have nothing to do with the subject. Answer our questions, please.

And don't tell me to beg again. I am being polite here, while you are being unhelpful.
edit on 20-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join