It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD:SATAN:JESUS:WE:CHOICE:LIFE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You said, "as do I". Are you saying you also believe in a creative force? You believe in a force that creates??

I do yes. I just come off as a strong atheist because I am anti-theistic. In context to religion and 'religious gods' I am in a sense an atheist.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Oh.. ok.
Its all making sense now. I cannot find a fitting label to distinguish my belief from another.

Im anti-dogma for the most part. I love listening to others beliefs and pondering their ideas.

I've had many revelations... you know those AH-HA moments where I am in awe and amazed or inspired to write down what just happened. I feel like my questions get answered from others, whether its through a song, or chatting with someone, perhaps from a book even.

I most enjoy spiritual talk, but do not enjoy the religious side where I am wrong and another is right because my interpretation is "blasphemy".

I also enjoy lectures from a philosopher of my choice, listening to or reading esoteric wisdom. Manly Hall as of right now is my favorite choice.
edit on 19-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You're wrong ? I can know of Gods thoughts and feelings. No not thru dogma. But it stands to reason that if you accept the idea, that human beings are not the ultimate intelligence, existence has to offer? Then that same intelligence, would be able to procure a message, to those who are interested enough to seek him. I know of no other document that qualifies as does The Holy Bible.

And what are these supposedly "qualities" that are supposed to help you know if a document is inspired by god? If you say it's in the bible, then that is circular logic.

That would be saying that the bible is the qualified word of god because it shows you how to know if something is the qualified word of god from its perspective - and my response would be "duh, any book can do the same - say it is god and then say god agrees with its qualities in the book".

reply to post by MamaJ

Originally posted by MamaJ
What does your heart tell you about the nature of the creator?

Looking at reality, I would say the "creator" is one mean and aggressive being. Life that consumes itself. Surviving to escape the pain and fear of death. Creating human nature to be controlling and deceptive. Creating human nature to be so drawn to the harmful qualities instead of the beneficial qualities.

Heaven is nature thriving and the best mental state.

And yet, it is temporary, nothing more than a tease, and even if it is an eternal place after death, all beings there will be sitting with a huge smile on their face without the awareness/compassion of those Earth/Hell beings are suffering looking for an escape.

Hell is nature dying and the worst mental state.

Well, if you can handle the worse (mental state) then it can only get better - and you can definitely handle the rest... but to ever yearn for a "best" mental state will only be a tease as no state seems to stay constant through out life...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That would be saying that the bible is the qualified word of god because it shows you how to know if something is the qualified word of god from its perspective - and my response would be "duh, any book can do the same - say it is god and then say god agrees with its qualities in the book".

Name something that matches the Bible instead of trying to complicate the matter. What I said isn't circular logic.
PERIOD. So get over yourself.
edit on 20-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Name something that matches the Bible instead of trying to complicate the matter. What I said isn't circular logic.
PERIOD. So get over self.

Circular logic:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Circular definition- See circular definition.

How many more times are you gonna fall for that ?

BTW God doesn't even need your logic.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Circular definition- See circular definition.
How many more times are you gonna fall for that ?

A circular definition is only valid if it can be substantiated. Otherwise, it's a circular fallacy.

BTW God doesn't even need your logic.

So? We need logic, so he better start caring.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So? We need logic, so he better start caring.

Or what ? You gonna do something ? He'd smack you in yo head.

Give me an example of caring bound by logic ?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Or what ? You gonna do something ? He'd smack you in yo head.

Give me an example of caring bound by logic ?

Doctors. Firefighters. Teachers. Everyone who makes a life helping others with logic and knowledge. But I gotta say, it's hard to get smacked in the head by a myth.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You gave logical examples that aren't bound by logic. They can all do their job without caring as many do.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You gave logical examples that aren't bound by logic. They can all do their job without caring as many do.

Logical examples not bound by logic...yeah, that makes sense.

Every single one of those examples is supported by thousands of people rescued from fired, healed from illnesses, and given the opportunity to learn.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It does make sense you just refuse to see what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It does make sense you just refuse to see what I'm talking about.

It's not as simple as just refusing to see. Maybe you should explain what you're talking about more clearly - this isn't the first time your posts have suffered from lack of clarity.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's interesting how you respond to people...

"Get over yourself!"

"God doesn't need your life!"

"You just refuse to see what I'm talking about."

None of these statements are actually proving anything that we said wrong, nor is it even addressing the problem...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I noticed that too. It would be more effective to outline the fallacies in our arguments, wouldn't it? But I guess you can't point out what isn't there.

But then again, Judaics are quite good at that!

edit on 20-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Just don't have time to play with you two over something in which you choose to be ignorant. That is all. Ahuh !

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just don't have time to play with you two over something in which you choose to be ignorant. That is all. Ahuh !

Playing? I'm not playing. You're the one who is beating around the bush. I have asked you to be clearer, but you refuse. If anyone is playing, it's you. Of course, you could always explain what you see as being incorrect in our arguments, but maybe that's too difficult for you.

I'm still waiting for you to explain.
edit on 20-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Been explained perfectly already. I mean a child could understand it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Been explained perfectly already. I mean a child could understand it.

Then please try again...unless it isn't worth repeating? Because I'm not sure which part you're referring to - the part where you said "God" doesn't need my logic? Or about about the bit where the Bible isn't circular logic?

I'm not sure what point you're referring to.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Alright you ask me nice like that no problem. Hang on I'll be a minute.

Doctors. Firefighters. Teachers. Everyone who makes a life helping others with logic and knowledge. But I gotta say, it's hard to get smacked in the head by a myth.

See you list occupations where knowledge is logical and needed. Caring doesn't even have to be a part of these occupations and more times than not caring isn't involved. These people become desensitized after awhile. The reason I always become stubborn with AI is I give you more credit than having to explain these things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join