It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Mercy for a Murderer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

am currently developing an off-the-grid community FOR the benefit of humanity
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Thats awesome! My intuition says we will need it .... and quick.

Where is this community at? I would love to know so I may bring my family when shtf.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Your putting your pearls before swine ..

let it go mate. .. just let it go.

Some want the truth but never seek it. .. Some Need the truth but dont want it.

There are only two words you can speak to a person that does not understand .. Be You.

Other than that .. your wasting your time with scripture or any other form of satisfaction for anyone.

Again .. the Bible or any other form of religion is just words.

Do not live by the words alone .. live by the Spirit.

JG.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jaduguru

Interesting reply considering that you said the Bible is nothing but words but chose to open your post with "putting pearls before swine". Is this something you picked up from someone else and it sounded catchy?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

to apprehend 'God', one must become like 'God' as like is only known unto like.

I believe you meant "comprehend", not "apprehend". And if that is the case, then you know nothing of "God" because you are nothing like "God".

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

There's a reason you think the way you do. Now you just have to ask yourself why you feel that way and what have you gained by feeling that way. Has your free will allowed you to live a fulfilling life of bliss and happiness?

I hear ignorance is bliss, so no, I guess not. I suppose I'll continue to be miserably aware while the rest of the drones continue to be blissfully tugged around on their strings from above.

Your post brings to mind the old Orwellian system:

WAR IS PEACE

SLAVERY IS FREEDOM

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I suppose I'll continue to be miserably aware while the rest of the drones continue to be blissfully tugged around on their strings from above.

Awareness brings many things.

For me personally, happiness didn't come until I was aware of the power struggle I was having with God. I wanted my way first. I even tried to convince myself and God that I would live the life he wanted me to once I had my heart's greatest desire. That desire was only met after I spent ten years proving that I was willing to do it His way first. It takes some of us longer than others to figure that out.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

For me personally, happiness didn't come until I was aware of the power struggle I was having with God. I wanted my way first.

I want to exercise my free will. If my free will is only valid as long as it coincides with his will, then I'm exercising his free will, and that's not good enough for me. Don't give me a brain and tell me not to use it.

It takes some of us longer than others to figure that out.

I think some of us would be a lot happier to take a "Life Counseling" session to sit down and discuss matters with him face to face instead of talking to the sky and wondering if that little nagging in the back of our mind is his finger trying to get our attention. We're a rough, clumsy species...using such a subtle means of communication is just mean.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I want to exercise my free will. If my free will is only valid as long as it coincides with his will, then I'm exercising his free will, and that's not good enough for me. Don't give me a brain and tell me not to use it.

This is why I say that depending on the condition of our hearts, we're given multiple chances.

Just as an example, I exercised my free will once, only to be faced with the exact same situation that I was trying to ignore twice more after that. God will allow us our free will, but that's not to say that he doesn't bring circumstances back into our lives over and over again (history repeating itself) to get us to look back, evaluate the situation again and use our brains to see where our choices might be causing us and people around us more harm than good. I think if we truly evaluate the situation, we'll probably find that what's good for us and everyone else will pretty much match up with God's will. In the end, we're either aligning our free will up with good or evil whether we think we are or not.

I think some of us would be a lot happier to take a "Life Counseling" session to sit down and discuss matters with him face to face instead of talking to the sky and wondering if that little nagging in the back of our mind is his finger trying to get our attention. We're a rough, clumsy species...using such a subtle means of communication is just mean.

Sometimes we only think it's subtle. If we really took the time to sit down and analyze our lives and the events in them, we'd probably see it clearer. We have to ask ourselves, is history repeating itself? Do certain issue just refuse to go away and surface everywhere I go? Are there times I could have easily died or should have died and didn't? Why does this annoying person keep popping up in my life? Why does this annoying thought keep popping up in my head? These are just questions we need to ask ourselves that we either don't think of or don't want to ask ourselves.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In the end, we're either aligning our free will up with good or evil whether we think we are or not.

Good and evil are words we use to describe how we feel about something. And how we feel about something may have everything or nothing at all to do with the actual nature of that something.

Anyway, I can see what you're saying...but even then, it's a stretch. And his criminal record doesn't boast the best of morals, so I hesitate to rely on any of his judgments.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Hopechest, your question is a very difficult one. It's like the old story of "My grandmother was a saint, why did God give her cancer?" Very difficult to answer.

For consideration though, give this a read. It relates to that night club fire tragedy, but really you could apply any tragedy to that scenario.

I hope this helps you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join