No Mercy for a Murderer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by backcase

I can understand that, but Jesus said you can't serve both at once. This world being a world of indentured servitude means it is Satan's world, where everyone works a 9-5 to keep the machine going. We serve money because of the system that has been set up around us.

Religion being a HUGE money maker and "spiritual" source on this world means it is also part of this machine. Satan masquerades as god on this planet, which is why it's so messed up right now. We don't worship the true god, those who run it worship money and power, which is why they created religion, to keep the money and power. Don't believe me? Look at the amount of money the church is worth. That didn't happen by accident.

This has a lot of truth (although off topic).

But there are ways in which you may work to serve God. I'm sure that some priests join the catholic order and remain faithful though, so why exclude the whole thing?

I blame satan, not man, because satan keeps man in this place and is constant.ly setting snares so that he may never be freed.

There are a lot of good people in the church though, and to tell the truth, I could not run it, so I am not the one judging. To say that I could do a better job than what has already been done would be deceiving myself.
And I have mercy on priests and bishops and I pray for them because God will be more severe with them, and that is mercy and the love of man.

and tha's how a post gets back on topic

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

And every single one of those choices is based on circumstances he created, knowing ahead of time that those circumstances would prompt those choices that would move him to condemn each and every sinner on earth. He had three choices of his own:

In my opinion and from my own personal experiences, it's not like he doesn't give us multiple chances based on what's in our hearts. He knows we have a tendency to be selfish, stubborn and full of pride, but he also knows which ones truly want and are willing to give all of that up too.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Forgive me if I do not do this as I should.

"Did Paul show mercy to steven?"

no, but Stephen had mercy on SAUL.

"And what of Moses? Perhaps he was blameless? "

is any man blameless but Christ?

The scripture which you put has a spiritual meaning. It is harsh and destructive from a human point of view, but I would like to point out the message in it rather than try to condone the actions.

As the body of Israel found poison in one of its members, the head chose to cut it off so that the disease may not spread.

It was a very fragile situation among the people I am sure, and Moses did not want such direct disobedience against what he formally instructed them. God had not shown us how He wanted us at the time, but only how He did not want us to be.

Plus we don't know if the man was shouting "I'll do it again I tell ya!" but that's not what i'm getting at.

I was glad to introduce your name in my thread, as I enjoyed the previous conversation between us.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I term Yahweh as a composite character because he takes credit, so to speak, for another's actions in history.

Actually, it's the other way around.

If you do some research, you'll find that Yahweh's followers destroyed most of the civilizations of Enki's and Enlil's followers to the point of extinction.

Substantiate that- with names, places, times- etc. I don't believe you have described the half-brothers Enki and Enlil accurately.

Enki's "followers" could be termed the Sun tribes of mesoamerica and native North America- "Adamu' is a name of a race/lineage of Mankind which meant literally ' the colour of the soil ' -furthermore, Enki was exiled (at best it was a self-imposed one) by Enlil for warning Ziusudra about the Flood, which subsequently was caused by the Arctic Ice Shelf falling into the Ocean (Enlil would be known later in history as Zeus/Jupiter or JOVE (YOHWAY) etc served the greater wishes of the Elohim (council of Gods

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

In my opinion and from my own personal experiences, it's not like he doesn't give us multiple chances based on what's in our hearts. He knows we have a tendency to be selfish, stubborn and full of pride, but he also knows which ones truly want and are willing to give all of that up too.

In my experience, giving up all of the self and promoting all of the "service to god" tends to produce a robotic character. If you take the Bible all the way, the moment you are asked to think for yourself or exercise free will, you default to Bible mode. You don't have a person agenda. You don't have a person identity. You have a model number. And your function is to do exactly what the Bible says.
edit on 17-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Didn't you hear? Satan is man, you know the whole 666 thing in Revelation? Satan is nothing more than man's ego.

You say it has truth, but only as long as your god isn't a part of it, right? If you agree Satan masquerades as god, then what makes you think he isn't the most popular one, that of the bible?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

In my experience, giving up all of the self and promoting all of the "service to god" tends to produce a robotic character. If you take the Bible all the way, the moment you are asked to think for yourself or exercise free will, you default to Bible mode. You don't have a person agenda. You don't have a person identity. You have a model number. And your function is to do exactly what the Bible says.
edit on 17-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

to apprehend 'God', one must become like 'God' as like is only known unto like.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Here's a place to start. What happened to the Canaanites, Hittites and Hurrians? The Bible tells us along with the names of other civilizations that worshiped other gods.

Enki (pron.: /ΛˆΙ›Ε‹ki/) (Sumerian: dEN.KI(G)π’‚—π’† ) is a god in Sumerian mythology, later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology. He was originally patron god of the city of Eridu, but later the influence of his cult spread throughout Mesopotamia and to the Canaanites, Hittites and Hurrians.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, but just because the stories are the same in nature doesn't mean that you can give all of these "gods" the same name. They are separate from one another. They are not the same God or gods. The Sumerians replaced the name of God with the names of the gods of their choosing.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It's obviously beyond your comprehension as well, since you haven't actually explained it without contradicting yourself. Maybe it doesn't make sense because it is a man made idea? I think so.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Here's a place to start. What happened to the Canaanites, Hittites and Hurrians? The Bible tells us along with the names of other civilizations that worshiped other gods.

Enki (pron.: /ΛˆΙ›Ε‹ki/) (Sumerian: dEN.KI(G)π’‚—π’† ) is a god in Sumerian mythology, later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology. He was originally patron god of the city of Eridu, but later the influence of his cult spread throughout Mesopotamia and to the Canaanites, Hittites and Hurrians.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, but just because the stories are the same in nature doesn't mean that you can give all of these "gods" the same name. They are separate from one another. They are not the same God or gods. The Sumerians replaced the name of God with the names of the gods of their choosing.

Did you just Wiki me in substitution of an argument?

Then backed it up with Biblical history?

HA

edit to add: yes, yes it does.

"From their fruits ye shall know them"

edit on 17-2-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

There's a reason you think the way you do. Now you just have to ask yourself why you feel that way and what have you gained by feeling that way. Has your free will allowed you to live a fulfilling life of bliss and happiness?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's obviously beyond your comprehension as well, since you haven't actually explained it without contradicting yourself. Maybe it doesn't make sense because it is a man made idea? I think so.

Obviously it's because we both don't share the same eyes to see and ears to hear as each other.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Has your free will allowed you to live a fulfilling life of bliss and happiness?

Uh, yea!!!!.. I love my life (albeit, stuck on this planet) - expressing your Free Will delights the Universe, which stands in a distant mockery of our crippled and currently wingless philosophies.

Imagine how bland the conversation would be between the average Christian follower (read: sheep) as he/she enters the 'Kingdom of God' -

God: So, uh.. what did you do with your time on Earth? Did you learn anything interesting? I always loved reading about history when I spent time on that planet- nice people, but they just don't seem to understand the Law of Scale...*chuckles* anyway, tell me all about your trip!

Sheep: Well, I..hmm.. I cursed the wicked! annnd...I gave money to the poor (just like you told me to!), and every day I thanked you and Jesus for the Sacrifice..So, um.. GOD.. uh.. tell me: What is the secret of life?

God: . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .β€œ-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .β€œ~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..β€œ~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .β€œ-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .β€œ;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .`~,. . ..β€œ~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /
. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
edit on 17-2-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

Did you just Wiki me in substitution of an argument?

Then backed it up with Biblical history?

History is history whether it's Biblical or not. Check out text book history if you like.

edit to add: yes, yes it does.

"From their fruits ye shall know them"

What are you talking about?

edit on 17-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Explain to me how expressing your free will delights the Universe.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Not exactly, at least not in this life. Yes, I love my life and that love for life is one of the reasons I choose to believe I am eternal, but what is free-will if you have stipulations and guidelines that prevent you from using it in certain situations?

To say that people will suffer forever because of a choice they made (which doesn't effect anything outside of that person) is not free-will, it's called bribery. If your god truly loved everyone to the fullest extent possible, then why does he send them to suffer forever and why did he make that place before anyone ever sinned?

Seems to me like he created us knowing full-well that he was going to end up sending most of us to hell. Doesn't Satan just LOVE to torture people forever? Isn't that kind of his thing? So why would god set up a place where he would get exactly what he wanted? Doesn't make sense to me, but then again I don't throw logic out the window when it comes to god. God wouldn't have given us free will if he planned on limiting our use of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Explain to me how expressing your free will delights the Universe.

Are you asking in Jest, or are you actually interested? There is a cosmic awareness which we are all associated with, however few connect or communicate with it anymore.

Do you understand how reality works, to any extent? How little of the light spectrum we can perceive? Quantum location of the atom? The Macro-micro scale? We are currently situated within a black hole - that is to say: our Universe is contained within a black hole - a singularity unto itself, with many, many more within, and without - are you aware of how a black hole is formed? the relationship between a White Dwarf and a Red Giant? Now - suppose a star, in its awe-inspiring power also retained an amount of consciousness equal to that of its energy output, if not - more (the 'tip of the iceberg' comes to mind) were to implode in upon itself (ahem,.. in a big bang) effectively ripping through space-time and creating a new partition in Reality - all is 'God' - all is Consciousness.

and thus, when you express your desires and focus your will on a goal, (and achieve) you are effectively using your Free Will to its capacity, and so the consciousness which observes rejoices- if only that you YOURSELF rejoice - macro-micro.

Stop separating yourself from 'God'

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Wow! You don't have much of an imagination do you?

So, for you it's all about entertainment and drama. I get it now. I'm sure you'll see plenty of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

and thus, when you express your desires and focus your will on a goal, (and achieve) you are effectively using your Free Will to its capacity, and so the consciousness which observes rejoices- if only that you YOURSELF rejoice - macro-micro.

Wouldn't a lot of that depend on what your desires and goals are? Not everyone's are the same.

If your goals and desires only affect yourself, I doubt that the Universe is rejoicing with you.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Wouldn't a lot of that depend on what your desires and goals are? Not everyone's are the same.

If your goals and desires only affect yourself, I doubt that the Universe is rejoicing with you.

lol. I actually don't care much at all for the destiny/fate of Mankind - they have had long enough, enough warnings, enough coddling- this planet is dying, and that is far more important. Humans.. always so concerned about anything but what actually matters.
I work my ass for this planet, and have most certainly done more than you have ( I am not bragging, it is a matter of fact that I curate 160 acres of land, and am currently developing an off-the-grid community FOR the benefit of humanity.)

...Universal Intelligence suggests this well has been drawn from one too many times, and that it is in my best interest to return to my artistic pursuits.

Tell me more about how my imagination is crippled. I write symphonies. lol

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join