It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Mercy for a Murderer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by backcase

You have a job don't you? If not, then MAYBE you have a case, but I doubt it.

/back on topic
edit on 16-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I have a job (which I hate) but I would have left by now if God had wanted me to. If I were to leave on my own accord, I would not be being very charitable toward my boss or co workers as they need me.

I work and serve God and man, or at least I try to

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Im honoured that you mention me in your thread... I've been thinking on your topic since you wrote it...

S&F

But I make this thread to remind everyone that mercy will be given to you, in proportion to the amount of mercy given by you.

Did Paul show mercy to steven?

And what of Moses? Perhaps he was blameless?

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. Leviticus 24:10-16

Though I suppose he was just a tool of the OT Gods wrath...

In any case the meat of your post was about Jesus... Which I liked...

Perhaps this might give you a chance to reflect on the OT Gods teachings...

In my thread, the point I was trying to make was as I've stated...

Why trust a repentant Thief/liar/murderer... When you can trust a man that leaves no doubt?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I can understand that, but Jesus said you can't serve both at once. This world being a world of indentured servitude means it is Satan's world, where everyone works a 9-5 to keep the machine going. We serve money because of the system that has been set up around us.

Religion being a HUGE money maker and "spiritual" source on this world means it is also part of this machine. Satan masquerades as god on this planet, which is why it's so messed up right now. We don't worship the true god, those who run it worship money and power, which is why they created religion, to keep the money and power. Don't believe me? Look at the amount of money the church is worth. That didn't happen by accident.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

and this is an "acute" example of karmic law also found in all other spiritual scripture all around the world just and observation and heres a quote christ forgives we dont immediatly you can see the fallacy in this logic as oppose to the karmic law judge not lest ye be judged.. remeber folks all is one and there are only two but in reality there is only one high

peace brothers and sisters
edit on 17-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I term Yahweh as a composite character because he takes credit, so to speak, for another's actions in history.

Actually, it's the other way around.

If you do some research, you'll find that Yahweh's followers destroyed most of the civilizations of Enki's and Enlil's followers to the point of extinction.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Bingo !

Most of us do not understand that the 'nameless God' Does know everything.

There is no before or after with HOR (HIm/Other/Her). No time or place is without notice.

No gods should be Before HOR.

Its Not the Father or the Son that you should be worried about .. its the Spirit that matters.

You can blasphemy the the Father or the Son .. but Never the Spirit. So it says.

The Bible should be considered a Roadmap/Guide rather than a Tool to control the Spirit of Mankind.

Be True to Your Own Self.

Peace.

JG.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The only reason Jesus used the OT is because that's what he had to work with, to teach people you have to work around what they already know, and the Torah was what most believed in in those days. He quoted it out of necessity, not belief.

Jesus quoted directly from Yahweh when he said, "I am he" and "those who pierced me".

Jesus said he came to fulfill the scriptures that were written about him. He didn't say he came to fulfill the scriptures written for or about others.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

There are no surprises to God.

Its not like he is sitting up in Heaven wondering what choices you or I will make, he knew this from the get-go. I simply would never follow a being that was as evil as that, no matter where I end up.

Just out of curiosity, would it have been fair to deny other people their right to live eternity with God because he knew the majority of people wouldn't choose to follow him, but you would? Something to think about.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

If god cannot see into the future, he is not omnipotent. If he can, that means he has already planned your life out before you're born, which means no matter what you do, it was planned beforehand. To say someone can go against the will of god is a contradiction of what god is supposed to be.

Once again, it's not based on planning. It's based on foreknowledge.

God only planned around the foreknowledge that he held about people's choices.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Thank you for reminding me.

I need to show and give more mercy to others; it is a very important thing to do in life.

Oops! I didn't realize I had a double post until this morning. Sorry everyone...I know this can be annoying.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I can understand that, but Jesus said you can't serve both at once. This world being a world of indentured servitude means it is Satan's world, where everyone works a 9-5 to keep the machine going. We serve money because of the system that has been set up around us.

The moral of the story is not to love money over God, but to use your labor towards helping others.

Ephesians 4:28

Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

If god cannot see into the future, he is not omnipotent. If he can, that means he has already planned your life out before you're born, which means no matter what you do, it was planned beforehand. To say someone can go against the will of god is a contradiction of what god is supposed to be.

Once again, it's not based on planning. It's based on foreknowledge.

God only planned around the foreknowledge that he held about people's choices.

" Not based on planning "
" God only Planned"

Good that you have a grasp on things .. but its kinda playing both sides of the table there mate.

You surround yourself on linear .. look at a picture hanging on a wall and tell me what you see.

Do you see the bottom left first .. the upper right next .. or do you see the Whole Picture at Once.

If you had to describe the Picture in sentence .. where would you Start ?

See .. God does not Start or End. God Cant Start and End this question .. but you can.

Thats what being in Time is all about. Brushes and Strokes. We cant see the Whole picture all at One Time. Thats what Life is about .. to Simply Be a Brush Stroke..

Your NOT the Picture .. only part of it.

Even the Angles can not see the Picture ( Yes its in scripture ) Until Its Revealed !

Peace.

JG.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jaduguru

The point I was trying to make was that even though God has a plan that the planning was a result of his foreknowledge. God didn't come up with a plan that everyone was forced to revolve around without taking into consideration what people's choices were going to be first.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So god planning events as a result of his foreknowledge of them means he wasn't planning? You're going around in circles here.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The point I was trying to make was that even though God has a plan that the planning was a result of his foreknowledge. God didn't come up with a plan that everyone was forced to revolve around without taking into consideration what people's choices were going to be first.

Look at all those contradictions...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
No mercy for a murderer...that's the thread title, right? This thread is supposed to be about mercy?

So should we show mercy to the biggest murderer of all? In the Bible alone, "God" is directly responsible for the deaths of over 20 million. That's 4 Holocausts, for those of you who don't like numbers.

Just thought I'd mention that. Wouldn't want to forget the world's most voracious killer, right? The entity who invented death.
edit on 17-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So god planning events as a result of his foreknowledge of them means he wasn't planning? You're going around in circles here.

No, I'm not. This is obviously beyond some people's comprehension.

God has a plan.

That plan was created around knowing every choice that every person would make throughout eternity from the very beginning.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

God has a plan.

That plan was created around knowing every choice that every person would make throughout eternity from the very beginning.

And every single one of those choices is based on circumstances he created, knowing ahead of time that those circumstances would prompt those choices that would move him to condemn each and every sinner on earth. He had three choices of his own:

1. Abolish sin.

2. Accept us for all of our flaws.

3. Condemn our flaws and force us to fight our very nature in order to find paradise.

I like option number 2. It speaks of tolerance, something we've been encouraged to practice. But he prefers option number 3, because he is apparently too weak to abolish sin and too arrogant to accept us for our flaws.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
No mercy for a murderer...that's the thread title, right? This thread is supposed to be about mercy?

So should we show mercy to the biggest murderer of all? In the Bible alone, "God" is directly responsible for the deaths of over 20 million. That's 4 Holocausts, for those of you who don't like numbers.

Just thought I'd mention that. Wouldn't want to forget the world's most voracious killer, right? The entity who invented death.

Yes. Compassion and forgiveness are essential aspects of humanity. Without them we have nothing, and fall into bitterness, jealousy, and blood thirst.

And don't blame God for man's ignorance and stupidity.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It's not for us to judge because we don't understand or know the entire plan, even though we were given glimpses of it.

As for people who die tragic deaths, we won't know how many people will/did turn to God because of it.

Same goes for the rest of the plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join