No Mercy for a Murderer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yahweh is a composite character of EN.KI and EN.LIL - in every other flood story known to Man, there is one sending the flood (Zeus or Enlil, for instance) and another to warn Mankind, against the orders of the Gods (Prometheus or ENKI ((both were depicted in ancient text and art as fashioning man from the Earth - not his brother, JOVE)). In the Noachian Flood "Yahweh" (that is to say, in the rewritings of Babylonian account of The Deluge) decides that mankind has sinned enough against him; his eternal patience withered to the point of contempt and murderous rage against his creations- ..ah, that is, save, Noah- or was that Deucalion? Or Ziusudra?

The Bible only works if you only read one book: The Bible.

it is however interesting to note that pronunciation of JOVE is Yohway -further indicating a connection between Zeus, Jupiter, and Jehovah/Jah/Yahweh. I term Yahweh as a composite character because he takes credit, so to speak, for another's actions in history.
edit on 16-2-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Jesus never called Yahweh his father, I don't know where you got that from.

The only reason Jesus used the OT is because that's what he had to work with, to teach people you have to work around what they already know, and the Torah was what most believed in in those days. He quoted it out of necessity, not belief.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

So you believe that God has no idea what you or I will do tomorrow and hes hoping that he did enough to make us follow him?

That would not make him omnipotent. That would seem to against what the Bible says. We CANNOT change our path from what God has already laid before us. That would be saying that our power is greater than his.

You are pre-destined to either follow him or not, there is no other way around this issue.

No, there are many factors, as God gives every man a chance and he can either take God's path or follow his own.

There are many different paths, many different choices.

To the man that avoids sinning it is a merit, and to the man who sins saying that God had it planned out makes an excuse and blames God for his own sin it is a worse sin, and an incentive to indulge in sin.

This predestination is wrong, we are not robots, we have free will.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

What you have said has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread. It is not that I wish to deflect your questions and statements, but they are off topic and have nothing to do with the aim of the thread.

There are threads made in which you may argue that which you want to argue, please find one of those, or be ignored until you post something on topic.

Personally, I do not worry about names and things like that, all i wish to know of is the Creator of my soul and the universe, the love He has for it, and to increase the love I and everyone else gives Him.
edit on 16-2-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Originally posted by Hopechest

So you believe that God has no idea what you or I will do tomorrow and hes hoping that he did enough to make us follow him?

That would not make him omnipotent. That would seem to against what the Bible says. We CANNOT change our path from what God has already laid before us. That would be saying that our power is greater than his.

You are pre-destined to either follow him or not, there is no other way around this issue.

No, there are many factors, as God gives every man a chance and he can either take God's path or follow his own.

There are many different paths, many different choices.

To the man that avoids sinning it is a merit, and to the man who sins saying that God had it planned out makes an excuse and blames God for his own sin it is a worse sin, and an incentive to indulge in sin.

This predestination is wrong, we are not robots, we have free will.

This is why I don't like talking religion. Its like talking to a rock. No offense of course.

We may not know our destiny but whatever choice we ultimately make has been known to God since before anything was created. He sculpted the world in exactly the way he wanted it to be. He could have made a world where everyone followed him, some did, or no one did..

He ultimately made his decision and we have to abide by it. He didn't create the world then just leave it to chance and is waiting to see how it turns out. This is not possible if your omnipotent.

Therefore, everyone who ultimately will be persecuted is the result of Gods will. What choices we make is irrelevant to this point.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

If god cannot see into the future, he is not omnipotent. If he can, that means he has already planned your life out before you're born, which means no matter what you do, it was planned beforehand. To say someone can go against the will of god is a contradiction of what god is supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

What you have said has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread. It is not that I wish to deflect your questions and statements, but they are off topic and have nothing to do with the aim of the thread.

There are threads made in which you may argue that which you want to argue, please find one of those, or be ignored until you post something on topic.

I'm trying to spread the truth, homeslice - your affair with pedantry be damned! The concept of Yahweh is a false one, and deserves not the attention of modern minds.

Anyway. Keep up the 'good work'
edit on 16-2-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If god cannot see into the future, he is not omnipotent. If he can, that means he has already planned your life out before you're born, which means no matter what you do, it was planned beforehand. To say someone can go against the will of god is a contradiction of what god is supposed to be.

You don't know what God is- so why do you attempt to offer an explanation of how he (HE?) thought or planned in advance?

This is a computer simulation, in essence - "God" is a systems architect with no relationship to Jehovah or Yahweh.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

I'm not jumping on you Startruth, just using your post as a springboard, because the reasons you gave are common in the church.

God did not want robots

Could have fooled me. The old testament God was a tyrant, and extremely detailed in the ordinances he gave the jews. One wrong step, knowingly or not could land you 6 feet under. Add to that, Moses, Gods right hand man, made one little mistake, and it cost him the promised land. He just wanted robots that could walk, talk, and think, so they could understand the cost of disobedience.

He wanted free will for us to choose what paths we take

Yet he only gave two paths. His way, or the Hell way. Gee, I wonder what most are gonna choose, if they actually believe in him?

He wanted us to choose him and his love BUT it has to be our choice.

Love!? This is the God who ordered the slaughter of men, women, children, and animals. This is the god who killed a man just for touching the Ark. This is the God who murdered every human being on earth at one time with a flood, if we are to believe the bible. And on and on.

God is a gentleman that does not force his will.

Tell Jonah that. Jonah didn't want to go to Nineveh, so God had him swallowed by a whale, and spit out on the beach at Nineveh. He probably didn't look or smell too good either. No wonder they repented. They thought he was a zombie.

The God of the new testament is a kinder, gentler, murderer and tyrant. But you're still going to hell if you don't see things his way. Depending on which of the myriad of Christian sects you belong to that is.
edit on 2/16/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

God is not unjust and does not condemn men before they are even born. Why? because God does not sin.

It is unjust to call God a sinner and unfair because He created every man in the same way and with the same love.
He gives man all the means to do good and advises him in the ways to do it. that is where free will comes in, what does he do with the freedom and earthly riches God has given him?

Each man uses his freedom in different ways, and He gives Heaven to those who know to do good with the gifts God gives them. He who is unjust and unfaithful in small matters will be the same with large ones. See the parable about it.

Of each sin, the sinner is guilty and is the author, not God. God left His children fee to choose between good and evil.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

But I make this thread to remind everyone that mercy will be given to you, in proportion to the amount of mercy given by you.

I agree!

We are all murderers in though. There has been a time in everyone's life they thought about a malicious thought towards someone, I would think so anyway. Maybe it was when you were young and didn't know any better. Some souls are younger in spirit than others. I do believe the creative force has mercy.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Religion has been part of society throughout all of history, if God truly does reward those who believe in him then why is the world such a bad place now? Because any religious god is man-made, fabricated for the sole purpose of turning people blind to who they truly are and where they go after this life.

Christianity is the biggest religion in the world, where billions of people worship "god" every day of the year and everywhere in the world. For having such devoted followers, why does god continue to ignore the world's problems and continue to let it get worse and worse? Because he's waiting for an inconspicuous day that may or may not come after thousands of years of waiting? Please! That sounds exactly like what Satan would want from his followers, to become complacent and unwilling to change all the while raping nature and profiting off of it while the "lessers" struggle and suffer to make a decent living.

What better way to destroy the world while profiting off of it than to get people to believe that heaven only comes AFTER this life? That all we have to do to be rewarded is believe where nothing else matters?

People look around the world today and wonder why everything sucks so much, then think, "Hey, what counts is after this life, and Jesus is going to come fix everything anyways, so why should I help make things better? God has me covered!" Thus, you get a world like Earth, where we have replaced natural living with artificial living, where everything has a price tag and in order to get it you have to slave away at a job you hate.

As Jesus said, you cannot serve god and money at the same time. The world today serves money. What do you work (serve) for? Money. So tell me, why is the world a slave to money if we have all these religions who "serve" god?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm truly glad I'm not the only one with this sentiment. A recent post made about a man who beat a two year old to death, who was murdered in prison recently, was met with posts saying anything from, "Good, I hope he suffered" and "I hope it was a long and painful death."

I try to tell people that this mentality is not healthy. A love for justice is not a love for punishment, but a misplaced love for justice can become a thirst for blood, a thirst for pain and suffering.

I was of course attacked ruthlessly for defending mercy and compassion, and while showing mercy and compassion in the process of my debate, I was inevitably called a "heartless" man who "enjoys seeing innocent people being tortured and murdered." I was basically called a sadist who was defending the actions of a child murderer.

A misplaced sense of justice will only lead you places you don't want to go.

A misplaced sense of justice has led to the worst atrocities we have ever seen.

A misplaced sense of justice made us throw Christians to the lions.

A misplaced sense of justice made us fly planes into buildings.

A misplaced sense of justice made us drop atomic bombs on heavily populated cities.

A misplaced sense of justice made us round up Japanese-Americans and place them in internment camps.

A misplaced sense of justice made us carpet bomb heavily populated Middle Eastern cities.

A misplaced sense of justice made us applaud the innocent lives lost in the Israel-Palestine conflict.

A misplaced sense of justice made us killed over six million Jews.

A misplaced sense of justice made us kill millions in Stalin's Soviet Russia.

A misplaced sense of justice made us torture and nail a man to a cross for preaching peace and love.

A misplaced sense of justice makes us enjoy seeing "supposed terrorists" imprisoned and waterboarded without due process.

A misplaced sense of justice makes us wish pain and death upon people who have wronged us.

A misplaced sense of justice is a thorny weed.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
edit on 16-2-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If god cannot see into the future, he is not omnipotent

Maybe he isn't.

In this realm we have a gift. The gift is free will.

With free will there is only a timeline of now... each second counts.... because with each second a person can make a change that alters the future. This is why some predictions do not come true.

This is why Jesus shows us how to go with the good will of nature and mankind because he doesn't even know the day or hour of his return (IF he returns) or the future.

Example... If you are on pills and having a hard time, God has mercy. Lets say you turn your life around on Feb. 16th. however on the 17th you would typically be going to the Dr. to refill. Because you quit, you don't go to the Dr., thus you are not killed in a car wreck. Each choice no matter if its small or big, matters in not only your personal life but also in the lives of others. Nothing is set in stone as long as there is free will.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Religion has been part of society throughout all of history, if God truly does reward those who believe in him

Religion, like anything else is good and bad.

Maybe God truly rewards people who are giving of them self?

why does god continue to ignore the world's problems and continue to let it get worse and worse?

Again, we have free will, meaning we can do whatever we want at anytime, however there are laws. Its evident. This realm has laws. When you break them, and then continuously break them, as a collective, all hell may indeed break loose. It may happen sooner than later too. We have identified nature and accordingly how it operates. When we go against it, it reacts. This is also evident.

God is not some dude in the sky hanging out waiting to judge and cast fire. He is patient and has mercy for this experience, I don't look for this creative, fathering, force to put up with his entire system being disrupted and his children being selfish with materialism and consumerism. People will suffer. Its a law that is seen yet its not taken seriously.

As Jesus said, you cannot serve god and money at the same time. The world today serves money. What do you work (serve) for? Money. So tell me, why is the world a slave to money if we have all these religions who "serve" god?

And this above is exactly why shi$ will hit the fan. Civilization will have to be taken down a notch or two. I would, if I were humankind's parent. lol
edit on 16-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I agree.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I know you do, you are very sweet!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Religion has been part of society throughout all of history, if God truly does reward those who believe in him then why is the world such a bad place now? Because any religious god is man-made, fabricated for the sole purpose of turning people blind to who they truly are and where they go after this life.

Christianity is the biggest religion in the world, where billions of people worship "god" every day of the year and everywhere in the world. For having such devoted followers, why does god continue to ignore the world's problems and continue to let it get worse and worse? Because he's waiting for an inconspicuous day that may or may not come after thousands of years of waiting? Please! That sounds exactly like what Satan would want from his followers, to become complacent and unwilling to change all the while raping nature and profiting off of it while the "lessers" struggle and suffer to make a decent living.

What better way to destroy the world while profiting off of it than to get people to believe that heaven only comes AFTER this life? That all we have to do to be rewarded is believe where nothing else matters?

People look around the world today and wonder why everything sucks so much, then think, "Hey, what counts is after this life, and Jesus is going to come fix everything anyways, so why should I help make things better? God has me covered!" Thus, you get a world like Earth, where we have replaced natural living with artificial living, where everything has a price tag and in order to get it you have to slave away at a job you hate.

You judge me wrongly again in saying I serve money. I do not.

And also this is a tangent with is not very familiar with the thread topic.

Why must it always come to this?!

Try to stay on topic man.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You have a job don't you? If not, then MAYBE you have a case, but I doubt it.

/back on topic
edit on 16-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Infinitely true thank you for the reminder s&f for you!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join