learn more

No Mercy for a Murderer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Peace to all of you,

If you are familiar with this forum then you are familiar with the argument for and against St. Paul.

You may also be acquainted with the argument for or against St. Peter.

And you might also recall the event in which Moses kills an Egyptian.

I make this thread not because I wish to voice my opinions, but to discard the unruly judgement of many. God is Mercy and Christ came to show that. Christ came and preached to prisoners, to slaves, to murderers, to peasants, to prostitutes, to the nobles, to the priests, to the pharisees, to the kings, and to wealthy.

He came for all men, and further He came to give mercy to all men, hoping that they would not take this mercy for granted, but wash themselves in it and become new after once being considered unclean.

It is often in the world that a man of any crime is shown no mercy, by the courts, by the public, and even by family.

But I make this thread to remind everyone that mercy will be given to you, in proportion to the amount of mercy given by you.

If you are interest in this topic, and a scarcely told Parable which has been said to be from Jesus, read my post to akragon in a thread he authored.
Here it is www.abovetopsecret.com...

May God give you peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Thank you for reminding me.

I need to show and give more mercy to others; it is a very important thing to do in life.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I need to show and give more mercy to others; it is a very important thing to do in life.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sometimes mercy is a swift death.

Just sayin.

=|:3
edit on 16-2-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

May God bless you and give you peace. Every virtue and good work comes from Charity.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why did God create the world the way it is if he knew that once he did that there would be many many people going to hell.

He obviously knew this before he created it since he is omnipotent yet he still chose to. He could have created a world where everyone went to hell or everyone went to heaven but he created it where only some people would follow him and others wouldn't..

Ultimately, because God is all-knowing, everyone going to hell he knew about and gave it the big thumbs up before he made the first star.

Doesn't sound merciful at all, rather kind of sadistic.

Create something just to make it suffer?

No Thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Sometimes mercy is a swift death.

Just sayin.

=|:3
edit on 16-2-2013 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

Better off is a man who's body dies before the spirit, and woe to he who kills the spirit for a life in the flesh.

"Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it." Luke 17:33

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Why did God create the world the way it is if he knew that once he did that there would be many many people going to hell.

He obviously knew this before he created it since he is omnipotent yet he still chose to. He could have created a world where everyone went to hell or everyone went to heaven but he created it where only some people would follow him and others wouldn't..

Ultimately, because God is all-knowing, everyone going to hell he knew about and gave it the big thumbs up before he made the first star.

No Thanks

To separate the lambs from the rams I suppose.

Hell is being forever torn from God. Earth is the choice of choosing to live with Him or without Him, not all will suffer eternal fire, only those who do not want God's peace.

And it is right because they exchange a crown for what is a vapor of excitement.

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

1 Peter 1:24-25
edit on 16-2-2013 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Even though I am no longer a Christian. I think the theology behind that is: A. God did not want robots B. He wanted free will for us to choose what paths we take C. He wanted us to choose him and his love BUT it has to be our choice. D. God is a gentleman that does not force his will.

Something like that?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

No Thanks

To separate the lambs from the rams I suppose.

Hell is being forever torn from God. Earth is the choice of choosing to live with Him or without Him, not all will suffer eternal fire, only those who do not want God's peace.

And it is right because they exchange a crown for what is a vapor of excitement.

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

1 Peter 1:24-25

I understand that people still have a choice but it doesn't change the fact that God created a world where people wouldn't follow him.

There are no surprises to God. Its not like he is sitting up in Heaven wondering what choices you or I will make, he knew this from the get-go.

I simply would never follow a being that was as evil as that, no matter where I end up.

Its like following the Nazi's even though you know they are terrible simply because they will spare your life. Very selfish.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yahweh showed no mercy, killing hundreds at a time and ordering the Hebrews to slaughter towns, rape the women, and kill the children. He and Jesus are not the same.

The only reason anyone believes they are the same is because of the atrocities Yahweh committed. People believe him because they are afraid of him. There is no fear in love, it says so in the bible.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He gave us His Son, so He obviously has shown mercy on every man alive.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

He wouldn't need to give us his son if he didn't screw up in the first place.

Sounds like he had this all planned out from the beginning.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I understand that people still have a choice but it doesn't change the fact that God created a world where people wouldn't follow him.

I follow Him, and so do many other people, and the persecutions of the many who do not increase our faith.

I simply would never follow a being that was as evil as that, no matter where I end up.

Its like following the Nazi's even though you know they are terrible simply because they will spare your life. Very selfish.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

it is actually very different from following Hitler. It is the difference between the Christ and the Anti Christ.
Do you consider Jesus an evil being? He is quite the opposite.

link   

Even though I am no longer a Christian. I think the theology behind that is: A. God did not want robots B. He wanted free will for us to choose what paths we take C. He wanted us to choose him and his love BUT it has to be our choice. D. God is a gentleman that does not force his will. Something like that?
reply to post by Startruth144

The problem with that idea is some people are born mentally ill. They may later in life murder someone. Does that mean he still had free will or was it his mental state that caused him to kill? So this person was doomed at birth.

link   

And why do you assume that Jesus is Yahweh's son? Jesus never even mentions Yahweh by name. To think they are one in the same is ridiculous in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I follow Him, and so do many other people, and the persecutions of the many who do not increase our faith.

Like I said, many people choose to overlook the fact that all those who will be persecuted are being done so because it was pre-ordained by God himself.

As long as they get their salvation that's all they care about.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And why do you assume that Jesus is Yahweh's son? Jesus never even mentions Yahweh by name. To think they are one in the same is ridiculous in my opinion.

He was a member of the Hebrew faith of which Yahweh is God. Jesus called Yahweh His Father.

He also quoted the texts inspired by Yahweh as goodness and truth,
but found the true problem in the way people interpret it, which may be the same way you do.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Like I said, many people choose to overlook the fact that all those who will be persecuted are being done so because it was pre-ordained by God himself.

As long as they get their salvation that's all they care about.

Do you think that Jesus cared about His own salvation?
We are taught to be like Him in His selfless love.

Not everything is predestined, man often changes his future. The Will of God is a high thought to understand, but man has the free will to comply with it and accept what he want's or to do what is against His will and hurt themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So you believe that God has no idea what you or I will do tomorrow and hes hoping that he did enough to make us follow him?

That would not make him omnipotent. That would seem to against what the Bible says. We CANNOT change our path from what God has already laid before us. That would be saying that our power is greater than his.

You are pre-destined to either follow him or not, there is no other way around this issue. I personally cannot follow a being that has no problem sending billions of people to suffer eternally in hell.

I'd rather join Satan to fight against this evil and at least know I didn't buy into God just to save my own skin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join