It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Is Rocknest a "SHIP CEMETARY"(?!) on MARS showing the remnants of a lost civilization?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
No photos I've seen have displayed anything other than a persons ability to arrive at the very conclusion they reach for.

Thanks for the reply, HIWATT.

Your statement, however, is not correct. I did not at all 'reach' for that conclusion. It was just, well ... just the best way to explain what I found after evaluating the terrain and rock features 'in detail' (taking into account the erosion, petrification, parts being buried under the surface etc.). Really, I don't like what I see there. And I can't blame you or anyone else for not seeing it. But I'd have to blame myself if I had not posted this here at ATS in order to - at least - get a decent discussion going.

Apart from that, I don't think the image below illustrates a 'boring' rock, I find it rather intruiging:

P.S.: And did you check this comparison? I think the features are quite 'obvious'!

edit on 17-2-2013 by jeep3r because: Updated link

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh FFS. There needs to be some kind of screening or stricter rules when posting horse#.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat
Oh FFS. There needs to be some kind of screening or stricter rules when posting horse#.

Thanks a lot for your 'thoughtful' post, MadhatterTheGreat, and apologies for the irony!

But once you realize what's been going on at Rocknest in the remote past by actually 'looking' at the artifacts (using the sources available and referenced in this thread), I'm sure that you could come up with a more supportive comment ...

And again: this thread is provocative in every way, that's for sure, and I myself don't really know what to make of it. However: it's all there ... trust me (and the material published by NASA/JPL is more than sufficient to support the claim).

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
With the quality of your presentation and attention to detail, it's a shame you have wasted your time on this... Don't give up but do use your time and energy more wisely.

I agree with MissCurious! Your dedication to your work and attention to detail as well as quality of posts are great. I find them hilarious because they all look like rocks to me, but I seriously enjoy them, especially the effort put into the lines on the diagrams and stuff. And this time there were ships! It was great.
edit on 17-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Na it was a quater that fell out the pocket of the gaffer when building the set

I have no idea what it is, if it is anything at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Let me see.......ahhhhhhhh. NO!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't believe any of these threads. I only ever see rocks. Not once have I seen anything that didn't look 'natural' or that couldn't be explained using geological formations we've seen on our own planet. I mean I don't understand how you can see anything BUT rocks???

I just...I really don't get it. How could you possibly find a shape of an artificial object anywhere in any of the Curiosity photos? Ughhh my head hurts.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Whatever your on, I want some.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Mars. Dead. Has been Dead. Will be Dead. Never was not dead. if there is no evidence of a civilization ANYWHERE visible on the surface, why would there be a graveyard of any kind? Mars. Dead. No magnetic field, we know this now. Time to move on. There are better places to go than Mars, we just need to start building actual space ships instead of 'gliders' and 'capsules'. We had this thing called the shuttle. now were going 'back' to Apollo, but that's ok, the Saturn VB was AWESOME!
but we need to start building actual spacecraft. And stop blowing huge amounts of cash on Mars rovers that are USELESS for all practical purposes. Time for NASA to start hinking about manned long duration missions around the Solar system. NO MORE ROBOTS !
edit on 18/2/2013 by CarbonBase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Double post
edit on 18-2-2013 by Gildenel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
This is kind of odd looking.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

I was looking at this too, there is no way that is a natural formation.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r

Originally posted by nerbot
Looks EXACTLY like rocks to me. Rocks, rocks and more rocks.

If I tried as hard as you have to make something out of this I could come up with anything, draw lines around a shape and say "look, it's a (insert anything here).

Thanks for looking into this, nerbot. It's important to remain critical, I agree. But in this case it's really key to look at the details on the original GigaPan panorama, in order to actually 'see it'

Or take this close-up as an example:

Believe me, I had a hard time trying to figure this one out and the threshold to decide whether to post this or not was quite high. But still: I think there's something there and I further believe ATS is the right place to discuss this and - perhaps - even find some support for this (admittedly wild and speculative) theory.
edit on 16-2-2013 by jeep3r because: change formatting

How could anyone think that is just a rock, it's been carved, not sure what it is, but it's definitely not a natural formation, I've never seen anything natural that looks like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
Mars. Dead. Has been Dead. Will be Dead. Never was not dead. if there is no evidence of a civilization ANYWHERE visible on the surface, why would there be a graveyard of any kind? Mars. Dead. No magnetic field, we know this now. Time to move on. There are better places to go than Mars, we just need to start building actual space ships instead of 'gliders' and 'capsules'. We had this thing called the shuttle. now were going 'back' to Apollo, but that's ok, the Saturn VB was AWESOME!
but we need to start building actual spacecraft. And stop blowing huge amounts of cash on Mars rovers that are USELESS for all practical purposes. Time for NASA to start hinking about manned long duration missions around the Solar system. NO MORE ROBOTS !
edit on 18/2/2013 by CarbonBase because: (no reason given)

Manned missions around the Solar System require a technology we do not have. Robots fill the void until that happens. They are cheaper, last longer (mission wise) and contrary to your point, they tell us where not to spend a lot of time, when we do get the technology where people can replace them.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gildenel

Originally posted by Bilk22
This is kind of odd looking.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

I was looking at this too, there is no way that is a natural formation.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why, when they get shots like this, that they don't just get closer to it and put all those instruments on it to figure out why they do not look natural. Doesn't that make sense, for a mission designed to find the 'abnormal' in the first place?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Kinda looks like granite. We have a lot of granite outcrops in my area and some of the smooth faces and sharp vertices do look like that.

I still think the coin is the most interesting thing in that panorama.
this post

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

NASA will find some reason to explain it away, but it seems to have rivets along the edge and some sort of shaped or designed door or flap at the front. Or it also looks like some sort of structural column that has collapsed. They probably know what it is really (an alien artifact) but will not publish the results.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
millions of years pass leaving the planet looking like raw meatball but luckily for us the ship cemetery survived.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Allow me to express my thought process with a picture:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Allow me to express my thought process with a picture:

LOL, that's a good one!! Thanks for taking the time to contribute 'creatively' ...

By the way, I also replied to your post in this thread where you rant about Mars & Pareidolia. Might be worth looking into!!

Again, I'm 100% sure about what MSL discovered on Sol 64 and I need people here on ATS to look into this! And a few more supporters would be very welcome ... gosh, this is a hard fight!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

love your avatar btw

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join