It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers Find No Trace of Meteorite in Urals Lake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
No debris found because there was no debris.

3 anti-christs

1st - Napoleon
2nd - Hitler
3rd - Mabus

It was the arrival of the third anti-christ Mabus.

A lot of the media have described the meteor as being the size of a bus. Mabus = am Bus

It was predicted he would come from the sky , the king of terror.

2013 the unluckiest year for the human race

edit on 17-2-2013 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Or maybe the hole was cut with a chainsaw.

Too round, too small for a meteor hit that made an explotion that broke windows far away ...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
At the high speeds the meteorite was travelling in, its heat and impact upon the ice would have carve the circular hole.

And at such speeds and heat, impacting ice water, it would have cracked into smaller pieces, and at those slowing velocities, its remaining energies may be enough to shoot straight down BEYOND the lake's depth, far deep down perhaps in terms of miles deep.

10 tons and with est kilotons of energy is a pretty powerful piece of rock, not some ordinary pebble one would throw into a wishing well.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitsunegari

I think we need to know how thick the Ice is... to determine whether the Ice could have caused the rock to melt!

Its possible considering the rock apparently exploded as it came through the Atmosphere and therefore would have been smaller when hitting the Ice!

That hole does not look like it is the size of a bus.... more like it is the size of a small car!

What I'm saying is that by the time it hit the Ice, it was a lot lighter than when it entered the Atmosphere.
edit on 17-2-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Or maybe the hole was cut with a chainsaw.

well can we settle that issue somehow? where's the original hole? how big was it? what did they find when they first arrived after determining where it impacted? were there original pictures taken? I saw footage of them taking small rock samples from around the edges, why would they take a chainsaw to something that could hold many clues?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

so people believe a 24 foot circumference airplane can fit into a 16 foot hole in the pentagon... but that a rock a few feet wide cant fit into a hole 10 foot wide??? (sorry had to throw this in there)

all jokes aside. what we see if we estimate he hight of the person to the right of the picture as 6 foot. then we have a hole thats not a perfect circle roughly 14-20 foot across. on the right side edge we can see 2 pieces of ice that are free floating or stuck to the side o the hole that if removed destroys the image of a "perfect circle" . as for the perfect circle theory your looking at the hole taken from a picture from a low angle, as such the dimensions will be difficult to judge without further pictures.

further evidence is that ice has been blown out of the hole which is possible of a high speed object hitting the ice and water underneath creating a vacum briefly that rushed back in to fill that void thus blowing ice outwards explosively. we can not tell at this point if its a strait down impact or angular. but it seems the nearer side has a thicker amount of ice than the futher.. but that can be an illusion due to the way the picture is taken.
edit on 17-2-2013 by McTurbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
The hole in the ice looked too round for my liking.

If it had been hit then the meteorite would come at an angle and the debris would be pushed to 1 side?

Just my 2 cents worth!!

I agree, I thought it was a perfect round hole in the ice. Too perfect! Also I noted that a person was standing around that hole and thought to myself wouldn't the area around it be unstable??

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

What I'm saying is that by the time it hit the Ice, it was a lot lighter than when it entered the Atmosphere.

do you really think any ice would've made it through that powerful of an explosion to actually have enough kenetic energy to punch a hole through the ice? just doesn't seem like there would be an ice core left after all that. I would imagine it would have vaporized leaving the small rocky constituents to scatter like a shotgun blast. did you catch the video of the Russians retrieving small black rocks from around the edges? If that isn't the original hole created by the object, why would they distort and compromise the integrity of the scene by changing the hole's shape?

edit:
I meant this thinking you were on the comet team.
edit on 17-2-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by McTurbo

so people believe a 24 foot circumference airplane can fit into a 16 foot hole in the pentagon... but that a rock a few feet wide cant fit into a hole 10 foot wide??? (sorry had to throw this in there)

Did I say that?

I'm merely pointing out that by the time the rock hit the Ice it was a lot smaller than when it entered the Atmosphere.. it could have hit the Ice but not totally gone through.... instead it disintegrated after sitting on the Ice a bit and burnt a hole through the Ice whilst doing so.....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPhoenix

Originally posted by Irish Matador
The hole in the ice looked too round for my liking.

If it had been hit then the meteorite would come at an angle and the debris would be pushed to 1 side?

Just my 2 cents worth!!

I agree, I thought it was a perfect round hole in the ice. Too perfect! Also I noted that a person was standing around that hole and thought to myself wouldn't the area around it be unstable??

it definitely came in on a low trajectory and would've made an oblong hole, not only that but if the shape of the hole has been changed why would they do that? it doesn't appear necessary to make such a big hole to drop some equipment or a couple divers through.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I didn't catch the video.... where is it?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by McTurbo

all jokes aside. what we see if we estimate he hight of the person to the right of the picture as 6 foot. then we have a hole thats not a perfect circle roughly 14-20 foot across. on the right side edge we can see 2 pieces of ice that are free floating or stuck to the side o the hole that if removed destroys the image of a "perfect circle" . as for the perfect circle theory your looking at the hole taken from a picture from a low angle, as such the dimensions will be difficult to judge without further pictures.

further evidence is that ice has been blown out of the hole which is possible of a high speed object hitting the ice and water underneath creating a vacum briefly that rushed back in to fill that void thus blowing ice outwards explosively. we can not tell at this point if its a strait down impact or angular. but it seems the nearer side has a thicker amount of ice than the futher.. but that can be an illusion due to the way the picture is taken.
edit on 17-2-2013 by McTurbo because: (no reason given)

I would think something doing that would create a splashing effect causing water to flow up and out of the hole and then re-freezing leaving the surface around the hole smooth enough to skate on

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Irish Matador

Perhaps you could better explain what you are trying to say.

Even if an object comes in on an angle, when it strikes the water/ice it will propagate in a circular manner.

The initial impact with the ice, will break a hole and weaken the surrounding ice, then when the water is struck that water will push up on the ice making a circular hole. Granted not likely that large.

(I'm surprised how long it took to find a video of someone throwing/dropping a rock onto a frozen lake that broke through.. Doesn't anyone try this lol.)

This rock is pretty small, and isn't moving very fast obviously. How ever it does lead me to question the Russian Images. That would have to have been a large chunk falling pretty quick to make a hole like that on ice thick enough to walk out to the hole.

My money is on, not the case.

I would think that what we see here is a case of the media using what ever image it wants to sell it's story, rather than an actual impact mark.

A rock breaking through the ice could still make a round hole as seen in the above video.

How ever I do doubt the legitimacy of this image.

If that was a rock I bet he wouldn't be tossing it around in the air like that. A rock that size would have some weight. That my ATS friend was a Snowball if I have ever seen one.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hmm im seeing something competly different, your ignoring the ring of broken ice thats been shattered into small chunks that ring the hole.. this is evidence of something going through the ice hard enough and fast enough to create a vacum underneath the ice breaifly enough to cause the water to rush back in and thrust the ice back out around the hole not in large chunks but shattered.

this picture isnt detailed neough to give us all the data we need. are there cracks going from the hole further out (not holes in the ice but crack lines showing stressed ice). the broken ice ringing the hole is one side throw further than the other? how deep is that section of the lake and the surrounding 100 feet? (the deeper it goes the further out you need to know how deep it is..

we know its speed, we know it exploded.. so even a foot ball sized rock traveling at that speed could cause alot of damage when it hit.. at 19 miles per second?? it would have gone through the ice and water and impacted the ground before it even had a chance to react to the water (depending on depth)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by McTurbo

You are right about the size of the hole... it is hard to tell how big or small it is from the photo!

That looks perfectly circular to me.... how is it perfectly circular?? Would a rock be perfectly circular after burning up in the Atmosphere at different angles?

Also, if this rock hit the Ice at such a spectacular speed and weight.... wouldn't the surrounding Ice have shattered aswell?? I would have thought the Ice surrounding the hole would not have been safe for people to walk on....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Well it appears my attempt has been "Phaged."

Ha ha, I'll leave it to the master.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by redshoes

So what are you saying Phage, that the hole in the ice has nothing to do with the fragments that may have fallen to earth?
I'm saying it may not. And the fact that no fragments have been found on the lake bed would be a strong indication of that. It would have to be a large fragment to create a hole that size.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

notice them recovering fragments from the ice around the hole. would you expect a bunch of small pebbles to make a hole like that? there had to be something more substantial to do that than just small rocks and if it made a relatively symmetrical hole it should be directly under it. how deep is that spot in the lake? what is the bottom made of?

www.news.com.au...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

www.news.com.au...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

reply to post by redshoes

So what are you saying Phage, that the hole in the ice has nothing to do with the fragments that may have fallen to earth?
I'm saying it may not. And the fact that no fragments have been found on the lake bed would be a strong indication of that. It would have to be a large fragment to create a hole that size.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

notice them recovering fragments from the ice around the hole. would you expect a bunch of small pebbles to make a hole like that? there had to be something more substantial to do that than just small rocks and if it made a relatively symmetrical hole it should be directly under it. how deep is that spot in the lake? what is the bottom made of?

www.news.com.au...

it wasn't the rock that made that hole.. that could be made from something the size of a fist to a basketball sized rock impacting the ice, going through it.. then through the water pulling air in behind it due to its great speed (basically vaporizing the water its immediate passing through.. (go watch a slow motion ballistics test of them shooing a 50 caliber through a water bottle...)).. the water reacts violently and rushes to close that vacuum fairly fast.. thrusting the surrounding water into and back up the hole that was created (ever thrown a large rock in to a lake? same principal just alot faster) ..the blow back from the water filling back in is what thrust the ice up and outwards in a 10-20 foot radius as seen from the surrounding ice chunks around the hole.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

www.news.com.au...

Ok, that video doesnt really show me anything apart from I now think the hole is bigger than a car because there were three people standing side by side at the hole to make the hole look pretty big!!

Something does definately look strange here with that hole being so circular although if a circular ball is travelling at high speeds wouldn't it still make a circular hole when coming in at an angle??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join