It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divers Find No Trace of Meteorite in Urals Lake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Divers Find No Trace of Meteorite in Urals Lake

en.ria.ru

MOSCOW, February 16 (RIA Novosti) – Divers have completed examining Lake Chebarkul in the Chelyabinsk Region where a meteorite fragment had reportedly fallen but found no trace of the celestial body, a spokesperson for the Russian Emergencies Ministry said on Saturday.
“The ministry’s divers have completed examining the lake’s area but discovered no traces of the meteorite,” Irina Rossius said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com
english.ruvr.ru
english.ruvr.ru

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Meteorite Crashes in Russia
Is this really the Russian meteor crater?
Russian meteor explosion, some claiming ufo

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Interesting, don't you think? The object was not very large in size, but you would think with an impact site like that, they would find SOME trace of it...And no change in background radiation levels either...

Perhaps it was mostly ice? The explosion fragmented it into pieces too small to find? Or maybe something nefarious is afoot? Weapons testing?

Thoughts? Theories?

--Kit.

en.ria.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16/2/2013 by Kitsunegari because: Insert photo for reference

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The hole in the ice looked too round for my liking.

If it had been hit then the meteorite would come at an angle and the debris would be pushed to 1 side?

Just my 2 cents worth!!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Maybe it was a UFO and it flew away in the middle of the night

In all seriousness, I think you were right, it was mainly ice and dirt

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe the hole was caused by the heat of impact melting the ice, and the fragment simply fell through when the ice melted. Wouldnt that account for the apparent symetrical shape of the hole to? With the heat radiating equally from the center of impact?

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Or maybe the hole was cut with a chainsaw.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It left a large perfectly circular hole in the ice, and now there is no trace of the meteorite. Geez guys maybe it wasn't a meteorite like i have been saying all along. Kind of weird that all these weird meteorites are falling around population centers....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Only because it wasn't a meteorite, it was a being. Be prepared to see things you would not have thought possible in the times ahead.

It landed in WATER.

This being could be either benevolent or malevolent. but I'm certain that more are on their way.

Some guy wrote a thread on Prophecy being a shadow of our reality. He wrote it so well & its so true.And albeit that there will always be someone there to mock & downplay the events taking place.

We're generating a momentum of collective awareness that isnt stopping. So many are already shying from it waves of light.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
It left a large perfectly circular hole in the ice, and now there is no trace of the meteorite. Geez guys maybe it wasn't a meteorite like i have been saying all along. Kind of weird that all these weird meteorites are falling around population centers....

Indeed and since when do meteorites cause widespread damage? that includes 1,000 injured?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think it was the broken glass from the sonic booms when it passed overhead

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Kind of weird that all these weird meteorites are falling around population centers....

Yeah. Kind of weird we don't hear about ones that might fall in the middle of the ocean. Which, btw, covers most of the planet.

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Maybe it was that thing just like in the movie Cloverfield. Some1 call the men in black

S just HTF

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Or maybe the hole was cut with a chainsaw.

- Phage

So what are you saying Phage, that the hole in the ice has nothing to do with the fragments that may have fallen to earth?

AFAIK, there were some local that saw it fall into the ice, and here in Europe, the TV was showing the hole reasonably quickly after the news broke, seems to me that its a more rational explanation that the hole was indeed caused by the meteorite rather than some conspiracy that would have involved more than one person with a chainsaws and heavy machinery to haul the ice debris away? And with thousands of broken windows in the vacinity accross 6 cities, as well as video footage, what would the point be in faking a hole in the ice?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I saw this amazing footage yesterday on RT uploaded to youtube. Unfortunately it was taken down by the user, and I've yet to find the footage again.

Big crater in Russia, totally a'flame.

*THAT* was an impact.

This? I'm inclined to agree with Phage. Looks like a cookie cutter.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redshoes

So what are you saying Phage, that the hole in the ice has nothing to do with the fragments that may have fallen to earth?
I'm saying it may not. And the fact that no fragments have been found on the lake bed would be a strong indication of that. It would have to be a large fragment to create a hole that size.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by redshoes

I'm saying it may not. And the fact that no fragments have been found on the lake bed would be a strong indication of that. It would have to be a large fragment to create a hole that size.

Or the 8th pope alien, alive and well, but long gone already.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have to point out that this is a murky lake with muddy bottom. Any fragment that would hit the lake would end up under the sediment. Difficult to find anything from mud.

link   
I may be way off base here, but shouldn't they be able to find traces of Iridium?

link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually,
Police officers, environmentalists and EMERCOM experts at the site of a meteorite hit in the Chelyabinsk Region. Small 0.5-1 cm pieces of black matter resembling rock were found around the ice hole caused by the meteorite. Photo courtesy of the press service of the Interior Ministry's Main Directorate for the Chelyabinsk Region.(RIA Novosti)

rt.com...

I see you said lake bed and not surface. I must agree with a previous poster, if the bed of the lake is muddy or very loose sediment it is not likely to stay atop that, especially at such a speed. We have silty/muddy bottoms around my area and if you merely throw a rock in the water, you're not likely to be able to locate it.
edit on 16-2-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Or some meteorite hunter (people pay big bucks for them btw) got the prize first

edit on 16/2/13 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join