It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Satan Taken Over The Vatican, Is The End of Times Near?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

and if that weren't enough, sumerian cuneiform language was really weird. this is the word for babel in sumerian

KA.DINGIR.RA

Any connection to the Egyptian sun god? As in, was Babel supposed to have some sort of significance in relation to solar divinity?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Great thread. I didn't know that we were this close.
... at least potentially.

Not a Catholic. Just a bible-believing/thumping Christian.
I believe that Jesus paid the price for our sins already. We don't have to suffer for our sins (and indeed, cannot redeem ourselves in any way). We can take His free gift of salvation/forgiveness by asking for it and accepting it.

I'm glad I'm not Catholic. If the prophecies about the Popes are true, and the next and last one is the Antichrist, or Satan himself, then what kind of religious system would allow this? If the prophecies are true, then by definition, the Catholic system must be corrupt to the core. This is a serious:

Found an interesting reference like the OP's links provide. It links prophecies of coming popes with Nostradamus. This was posted on the internet some time before 2003:

Nostradamus’ vision of a abrupt, unexpected disintegration of the Holy See in our times is consistent with the 12th Century prophecy of St. Malachy, insofar as the latter indicates that Pope John Paul II will have only two successors, and that one of those will be an Antipope.
greatdreams.com (look for this quote on the page, about 4/5ths down. or just look for the word Antichrist.)

...emphasis mine.... Sound familiar?

Well for those of us who are true Christians, this is not bad news. The Antichrist has been foreseen for a couple of thousand years. There will be a lot of hell for unbelievers, then the end will come. Guess what? Jesus wins in the end.... and so do His people.

14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.”
Matthew 22:14 NKJV

Don't just be wooed... which you are being as you read this... make sure you're Chosen... wearing the right (spiritual) clothing. See below for details. Jesus is sharing a parable:

2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come. 4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.”’ 5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. 6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. 7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. 9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.’ 10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment. 12 So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.” Matthew 22:2-14 NKJV

...in the parable, if you didn't figure it out: The King is God. The Son is Jesus. The first group of servants not willing to come are the Israelites. Those found in the highways, both bad and good, are us regular believers. After all that, these are ones that turn out to be the few chosen for the wedding feast. My advice is to make sure that you are part of the party- to Honor the Son.

edit on 17/2/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

There will be a lot of hell for unbelievers, then the end will come.

As an agnostic, I find this comment particularly irritating. Do really believe you and your like are going to be whisked away and saved from any misery here on earth? Boy, are you going to be in for a surprise.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In reply to your earlier Eddie clip:

edit on 17-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I'm answering the below from above.

Tell you what. I'll put my neck out and say your question should read when Peter becomes Pope. So what will I do if i'm wrong. I'll come back and admit it in this thread like a man.

How's that ?
edit on 17-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If the next Pope was named Peter or Roman or both, what would you think, feel, do, as a result?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Tell you what. I'll put my neck out and say your question should read when Peter becomes Pope. So what will I do if i'm wrong. I'll come back and admit it in this thread like a man.

how's that ?

Apologies I do not follow how that addressed my question. If you mean to say I missed your answer to this earlier I will go back and look. I am not asking what you will do if you're wrong.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

I don't share the last part of your interpretation of that parable. IMHO you don't have to be a believer to be "saved", you just need to be a decent human being. Almost all of us SAY we're decent, but deep down we ALL know whether or not that is in fact true. If you ever (or often) let others suffer for your own benefit, or enjoy forcing your opinions or way of life onto others, therefore denying them their God given free will, you are certainly not following on the footsteps of Christ. Do not call yourself a Christian, BE ONE. There are lots of atheists that will enter the "heavens" so to speak while lots of self-proclaimed Christians will not. So in short, having a religion DOES NOT make you special, being a decent person does.

On to the prophecies, it's interesting how many of them converge to the same events or sets of events, it certainly makes one wonder. I've had some "off the grid" information on this for a while now, and have confirmed over and over through several sources that something big is coming and also it's very, very close from happening. I'm sure you have heard this one before, even in this very thread: humanity was given a choice, to evolve or face "judgement day". It did not evolve, that's for sure. Now it's my understanding that the aforementioned "judgement event" is a natural process of every evolving world before it's "promoted" to a different profile. From the info I've got Earth is about to be promoted from "school of learning through pain and suffering" to "school of learning through knowledge and love". Cheesy I know, but that's my opinion, based on what I've heard and read.

Interesting theories about Satan, but to me Satan is nothing more than what some call "the adversary", which is the illusion that this world we live in is real. It isn't. The real world is a lot more real and less limiting than this one, but like in a videogame I cannot prove that because when you're immersed in it there's basically no access to the world outside of it. You can't make your GTA character experience the "real" world, can you? Same thing. So materialism, making your goal in life to get money, power and things, even if it means hurting other people, thinking that's what actually matters in your existence, that to me is what Satan is. Not that there aren't some ignorant and misbehaved entities around that would love for people to stay trapped in that little circle, but they won't matter that much if you make an effort to be a better person.

Another interesting piece of information is I see people talking about something happening in March. Well I've had this thought appear in my head last December like it was planted in there, call it intuition, and it was just a date: March 31st. Not sure what it means, but I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I'm gonna recognize.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by MarkJS

As an agnostic, I find this comment particularly irritating. Do really believe you and your like are going to be whisked away and saved from any misery here on earth? Boy, are you going to be in for a surprise.

Well maybe then the post was for you, as it struck a nerve, it seems. Then consider not being an agnostic and be a believer instead. Then you won't have to be on the outside looking in any more.

And to answer your question.... Yes, it could happen. We believers can be 'whisked away', or not. It depends on a lot of stuff... if we're ready, if God is ready for us.... and probably a lot more things that don't come to mind at the moment. Whatever happens... the basic thing is that it's all in God's hands. This is a great comfort in 'troubled times', if, as I said, you are a believer.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice.

I've got one as well, IYDM....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

...There are lots of atheists that will enter the "heavens" so to speak while lots of self-proclaimed Christians will not. So in short, having a religion DOES NOT make you special, being a decent person does.

You're close to the kingdom. You speak about it... The first part of the above statement is true.... But you're missing an important point... The party, according to the parable, is all about The Son. There will be good and bad people there.... Some do-gooders, some not-so-do-gooders. But the focus will not be that, it will be on The Son.

Like I said, you're close.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There's gonna be a shout that'll wake the dead.

Credit and appreciation to SLAYER 69 productions.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
reply to post by Deny777

...There are lots of atheists that will enter the "heavens" so to speak while lots of self-proclaimed Christians will not. So in short, having a religion DOES NOT make you special, being a decent person does.

You're close to the kingdom. You speak about it... The first part of the above statement is true.... But you're missing an important point... The party, according to the parable, is all about The Son. There will be good and bad people there.... Some do-gooders, some not-so-do-gooders. But the focus will not be that, it will be on The Son.

Like I said, you're close.

My knowledge is based on reading and filtering material through intuition, and therefore there's a good possibility that I am completely wrong, but I believe in what I believe with all my heart, truthfully and honestly. My opinion on that parable is that mankind was invited to evolve and stop interfering on other people's free will. That very simple statement is a lot broader than it seems. Most of us don't pay taxes so our governments spend insane amounts of money waging war on other countries for instance. Or deviating money into corrupt politicians' pockets. So in my view, that invitation means "start treating others as you'd like to be treated". It was meant for everyone, especially the ones in power. I haven't noticed a change of heart in TPTB, have you? So that means that in that case, everyone is invited, meaning, unfortunately, that the majority of the humankind will perish, good and bad without distinction. Then the (in?)famous judgement will take place, which is nothing but a "classroom relocation": the advanced ones will go to a place where they can continue on to more advanced studies, and the rest will be sent to a place better suited for their learning pace. Again, all that IMHO.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
late to the thread but curious about one thing..

I dont know much about catholicism, but wasnt pope alexander IV quite the nefarious character?

so are popes meant to be appointed by god or just men with an agenda.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by undo

and if that weren't enough, sumerian cuneiform language was really weird. this is the word for babel in sumerian

KA.DINGIR.RA

Any connection to the Egyptian sun god? As in, was Babel supposed to have some sort of significance in relation to solar divinity?

no, and that's what threw me off too. so i had to research what the word was supposed to mean in each of its parts (ka.dingir.ra, i mean, cause i already knew what babel meant).

this attempts to decipher it, as "gate of god"
KA.DINGIR.RA

the problem is, babel, from what i can tell, is a reference back to abzu, which was the abyss. they added a b to the beginning of it, and i don't know why. -ab means water. el means god.
b(ab) means water gate. the gate of the abyss, presumably. the abyss is the bottomless pit in revelation 9

edit on 17-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by choos

so are popes meant to be appointed by god or just men with an agenda.

I just want to say that while you ask a most pertinent question and a damn good one at that. And while I do not have the answer I have to ask.

You do realize you could start the Apocalypse right herein this thread, with that question, don't you ?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by MarkJS

Well maybe then the post was for you, as it struck a nerve, it seems. Then consider not being an agnostic and be a believer instead. Then you won't have to be on the outside looking in any more.

And to answer your question.... Yes, it could happen. We believers can be 'whisked away', or not. It depends on a lot of stuff... if we're ready, if God is ready for us.... and probably a lot more things that don't come to mind at the moment. Whatever happens... the basic thing is that it's all in God's hands. This is a great comfort in 'troubled times', if, as I said, you are a believer.

"God" is not the "god" that you think it is and I don't consider myself to be looking in from the outside one bit either. On the contrary, I'm pretty comfortable in my position. I don't believe in heaven nor hell as depicted in the bible so that alone gives me more security than it does you. For I never fear the wrath of god.
Also, as for everything being in god's hand, well It is believed that god is an all loving all powerful being. It can be one, but not both otherwise we wouldn't see the horrors that happen. There will be no rapture so whatever dice god rolls, you better just get out of the way...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
just for the heckuvait, here's a passage about the abzu/abyss, as translated by noah kramer, the assyriologist who translated most of the sumerian and akkadian cuneiform

The lord of the abyss, the king Enki,
Enki the Lord who decrees the fates,
Built his house of silver and lapis lazuli;
Its silver and lapis lazuli, like sparkling light,
The father fashioned fittingly in the abyss.
[...]
Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over the water like a lofty mountain.

--

i think it might have looked something like this

the word abyss and abzu were interchangeable in many places. later, it was represented by a ceremonial cleansing laver, such as the apsu (apsu and abzu are the same thing) in solomon's temple
edit on 17-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Those videos being a response to my questions, coupled with "I'll put my neck out and say your question should read when Peter becomes Pope". I can infer you believe:

The next pope will be Satan. Satan will usher in the end of times. World wide apocalypse. The undead will walk. This will happen soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join