It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yes i know, if it's a modern firearm it's pretty near on impossible for a gun to go off when dropped, but you don't risk it. Even though you know the gun wouldn't go off without someone pulling the trigger, i wonder if you'd have your kid or partner stand in front of it when fully loaded with the safety off?

Sorry if i sound like a party pooper here, i just think that the anti-gun types have enough ammo to use against gun owners.

You’re not a party pooper…you make a valid point.

Between me and you, the OP was complete satire. Those aren’t my guns or my pictures even. I agree, the entire premise of the experiment I wrote about is not very safe and shouldn’t be tried (but not because the guns might kill somebody on their own!
).

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Cat, Cat Cat I am tired of hearing about the Cat.If you have a real argument for the O/P let's hear it.Not about the sleeping cat.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ive seen quite a few stupid threads lately and I have to say this one is the most hilarious ones ive seen.

"Guns dont kill people, people kill people"

Now as for your second experiment id say go with forks. People tend to eat more with forks or simply their hands

CX

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Understood.

CX.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Interesting study for sure. I have an idea for a study which you might also want to consider. Under the same conditions as your previous study check and see if the guns are capable of saving a persons life.

Nope, guns don’t save lives. People save lives USING guns.

Good catch!

CX

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Cat, Cat Cat I am tired of hearing about the Cat.If you have a real argument for the O/P let's hear it.Not about the sleeping cat.

Ok as i'm guilty of the "Cat, Cat, Cat" thing....i'll explain why i did....

With all the other pics, i felt ok. I understood what the OP meant.

When i saw the cat underneath it, which lets face it, are a pretty unpredictable creature, it raised alarm bells.

What if something startled it and it knocked the loaded gun on the floor?

Were there members of the gun owners family around who could get hurt?

If the gun had fallen and did somehow go off accidentally, was it totally clear for the thousand plus yards that the round could have gone?

For anyone who says that guns can't go off when dropped, fair enough, with many modern ones it's probably virtually impossible, but would you want to chance it? Would you mind if i gathered all of your family in a room and threw a loaded firearm into the room?

That's why i felt "Cat, Cat, Cat" was an appropriate comment.

Otherwise, i totally agree with Seabag's thread and see what he meant.

CX.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Even though US has the highest per capita ownership of guns we do NOT have the highest per capita rate of violent crime. You would have no more to fear here than any other modern country.

I have already made my position clear so I hope it is understood I am not making any comment's with the motive's to suggest that the American people shouldn't have their gun's.....But to be fair, I don't believe that different countries violent crime rate's are always comparable.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgar806
Ive seen quite a few stupid threads lately and I have to say this one is the most hilarious ones ive seen.

"Guns dont kill people, people kill people"

Now as for your second experiment id say go with forks. People tend to eat more with forks or simply their hands
the only thing we see hillarious is your pathetic straw man tactics. Not even one piece of evidence can you refute this with

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Even though US has the highest per capita ownership of guns we do NOT have the highest per capita rate of violent crime. You would have no more to fear here than any other modern country.

I have already made my position clear so I hope it is understood I am not making any comment's with the motive's to suggest that the American people shouldn't have their gun's.....But to be fair, I don't believe that different countries violent crime rate's are always comparable.

Fair enough!

But to be really fair, what you "believe" and what the stats show may be different.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Cats,dogs,wild west,hollywood the only thing that is missing is ZOMBIES!

If its good enough for DHS www.huffingtonpost.com... its good enough for me.

When the zombie hordes come a knockin whip out that Ar/Ak and starta rockin of course all the anti gun crowd just hide behind us pistol packing,hicap "assault weapon" toting liberty lovers.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Fair enough!

But to be really fair, what you "believe" and what the stats show may be different.

But to be even fairer still....you said "violent crime" not homicides. I was replying to your comment about violent crime

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
thanks for the proof !

the proof that obama hasn't taken your guns, and that it's still legal to own them

good work !

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Yup i agree with you if you ban guns then people will take to using knifes to kill each other like what we have in the UK.

Actually, it is a myth that UK knife murder rates are far higher than in than in the US. In fact, on a per capita basis they are more-or-less the same.

Detail taken from the FBI and UK Home Office websites.

US 2010 – 1,704 knife murders – 0.54 / 100,000
UK 2008/09 – 255 “sharp instrument” murders – 0.43 / 100,000

Crime rates in both countries are falling.

Regards

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

OK...

Lets look.

link

Same thing!

edit on 16-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

As I already pointed out...violent crime between different countries can't be compared as what each country define's as violent crime and thus put's in it's violent crime stats greatly differ.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

OK..so now leave your car in a bar car park with the engine running and the door open.

The situation you used for your experiment was controlled to the point where you knew the outcome before you started. Not an "ideal" situation to prove your point was it?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

source please for the graph.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Ah!....but having a "guard cat" affected the experiment.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You had me laughing so hard, thank you, I needed that. Its too bad common sense is like a super power to most this day and age.

Just to add, have you thought of getting government funding for your research yet? They fund the craziest things you know.

edit on 16/2/13 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Where did you get that chart from? It does not conform to reality and smacks of someone bending statistics to prove a point, rather than using statistics honestly. Homicide rate is probably the only reliable way to compare crime. Different countries categorise crime in different ways and what is recorded in one country may not be in another. Everyone records murders though.

The homicide rate in the UK and the US would be broadly the same at around 1.4/100,000, except for the addition of firearms which hikes the US homicide rate up to approaching 5.0/100,000.

That said, the US is not an overly violent society even with the guns.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join