It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think its funny how the anti gunners always jump to the conclusion that if they had to own a gun it must mean society has become unsafe....and they simply refuse to believe that even in the "greatest nation on earth" there are evil people willing to do evil things.

1. I personally do not feel unsafe in the town in which i live. I own a gun because no matter where i live i accept that bad people will do those bad things...and i choose to be prepared to defend myself if necessary.

2. For many years i have held jobs in which i was expected to operate a firearm, i can say very honestly that every time i have discharged a pistol or rifle it has been a very deliberate act originating from within my brain. I have never been influenced in any way by any type of weapons system to "just shoot"

3. Just a side note: the AR in AR-15 stands for Armalite Rifle...not Assault Rifle as some would have you believe. There is no such thing as an Assault Rifle....any rifle could be used to stage an assault of any personnel or property. So i pose this questions as well...If i assaulted you with a hammer, by this definition, would it be an assault hammer? and need to be banned as well?

Im sure im going to be attacked for this post, thats ok too...i fought for your right to say what you want.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

How many gun laws does the US have already? I've read something like 20,000 but Idk if it's true either way I just hope if the government does ban some weapons it doesn't end up like prohibition or the war on drugs. I was reading time magazine and Michael Bloomberg pretty much said the NRA supports children murdered with assault weapons, he's such a pos.

Bloomberg is an anit-gun NWO puppet. There’s no telling how many gun laws there are on the books in US these days but if your figure is anywhere near correct I’d say that we’ve already past the point of overkill and have moved soundly into the realm of beating a dead horse.

The 3 most important things I found while researching this issue that everyone needs to know are:

1 - Violent crime in US has been on a steady decline for decades. We certainly are not experiencing more violent crime today as we’re being repeatedly told by MSM and our elected officials.

2 - Though US undoubtedly has one of (if not THE) highest rate of gun ownership per capita than any other country in the world, our rate of homicide per capita (according to a UN study) is significantly lower than many nations with stricter gun regulation. US is on the low end of the spectrum as far as homicides.

3 – The people who say guns make us less safe are the biggest hypocrites among us.

Anybody who looks at these 3 things and still believes that we’re not being deceived in this latest gun grab attempt is not being intellectually honest.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Do I feel safer walking down the street, or sat in my shop, knowing that no-one has a gun? Or would I feel safer walking down my street, or sat in my shop, knowing that everyone I see is carrying a gun?

That’s a great question….

Let’s ask the POTUS, shall we?

that is just brilliant-now you mention it, all our politicians have armed guards as well, even though guns are effectively banned in the UK for ordinary citizens.

HUH!! He seems to be contradicting himself!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lawman27

that is just brilliant-now you mention it, all our politicians have armed guards as well, even though guns are effectively banned in the UK for ordinary citizens.

HUH!! He seems to be contradicting himself!

Of course they contradict themselves. Even in UK, where virtually all citizens are prohibited from protecting themselves with a firearm, the people in power ALL use firearms for protection.

This begs the questions –

* If guns are not an effective tool for self defense then why do they use them?

*AND…Why can’t we use them to defend our lives? Are our lives not as important?

This 'DO AS I SAY - NOT AS I DO' approach used by our lawmakers is complete bullspit! The arrogance and hypocrisy of these people is astounding.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

How many gun laws does the US have already? I've read something like 20,000 but Idk if it's true either way I just hope if the government does ban some weapons it doesn't end up like prohibition or the war on drugs. I was reading time magazine and Michael Bloomberg pretty much said the NRA supports children murdered with assault weapons, he's such a pos.

Bloomberg is an anit-gun NWO puppet. There’s no telling how many gun laws there are on the books in US these days but if your figure is anywhere near correct I’d say that we’ve already past the point of overkill and have moved soundly into the realm of beating a dead horse.

The 3 most important things I found while researching this issue that everyone needs to know are:

1 - Violent crime in US has been on a steady decline for decades. We certainly are not experiencing more violent crime today as we’re being repeatedly told by MSM and our elected officials.

2 - Though US undoubtedly has one of (if not THE) highest rate of gun ownership per capita than any other country in the world, our rate of homicide per capita (according to a UN study) is significantly lower than many nations with stricter gun regulation. US is on the low end of the spectrum as far as homicides.

Anybody who looks at these 3 things and still believes that we’re not being deceived in this latest gun grab attempt is not being intellectually honest.

Thanks for the info I mean either way rifles only account for such a small number of murders each year and gun crime will never go down until america starts fixing kids home situations, mental health, culture, ect. I wish more people who don't own guns (like myself) would stick up for the second amendment instead of saying well it doesn't Affect me right now so what do I care.
edit on 28-2-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the info I mean either way rifles only account for such a small number of murders each year

Make no mistake, they’re going after a LOT more than rifles. The Feinstein bill goes after several pistols and shotguns as well. Anything “tactical” is on the hit list…and this is just the first round.

and gun crime will never go down until america starts fixing kids home situations, mental health, culture, ect. I wish more people who don't own guns (like myself) would stick up for the second amendment instead of saying well it doesn't Affect me right now so what do I care.

Well said!

Keep in mind, none of these proposed measures have anything at all to do with crime reduction. It’s an attack on freedom and our right to self preservation, which should piss all people off (gun owners and non-gun owners alike).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Every time the government goes after our rights they ALWAYS take it to far and abuse it. I mean where does it stop? People could even make a great argument that we don't need cars that go over 100 mph or other luxuries we take for granted. Maybe Bloomberg should stop worrying about big gulps and worry about the crime rate going up for the first time in 20 years. Why are the most liberal Cities in america always some of the worst in crime rate like Detroit, DC, Oakland, Inglewood, Cleveland, Chicago, Boston, and Baltimore?

Here is a link to a study on the most liberal and conservative cities in america.
alt.coxnewsweb.com...
edit on 28-2-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Why are the most liberal Cities in America always some of the worst in crime rate like Detroit, DC, Oakland, Inglewood, Cleveland, Chicago, Boston, and Baltimore?

Because when you take away the people right to self-defense and force them to rely on LE crime goes up. What’s the deterrent for criminals?

If you know your chances of dying are very high for committing a crime you’d likely not do it. Cities that allow armed citizens provide a huge deterrent…even for people who don’t own firearms. It’s a damn crap shoot for criminals; they don’t know which house has a gun and which doesn’t.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
"Tactical" There is another word they just love to throw around like its some evil menacing thing that makes guns shoot more accurately, or miracles a shooter some kind of superhuman gun strength.

Definition of Tactical- adroit in planning or maneuvering to accomplish a purpose.

No gun in the world is going to make me suddenly better at doing this, whether I use an AR-15, a bolt action .22, or a pistol. If I am proficient in what i do, exercise good planning and decision making, I can be successful with a frying pan. And so can anyone else.

If anything that word is a clever marketing ploy to coerce the uneducated into buying just about anything, tactical shovels, knives, guns, frying pans, lights, lasers, sights, etc.

The truth is while those items may actually serve some type of purpose....they will not and cannot automatically make you better at anything.....this only comes from training, practice, and a strong dedication to whatever it is you think want to do.

Great word "tactical" HA.

But of course it can be turned into a scary word like "black rifle" by those who are so blinded by thier cause that they will affect those uneducated in genre.

Common sense....its getting so damn rare its almost a superpower
edit on 28-2-2013 by Instructoralpha because: felt like it

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the thousands of felons who get background checks to buy guns and only a small few actually get arrested.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I actually lol'd at that, cheers for the laugh.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Very nice work at bending the facts there, but that's simply not true. The police don't routinely carry guns here at all. There are highly trained armed response units that can be called on if someone is seen with an illegal firearm, they also patrol in airports during terrorism high alerts, and obviously outside Downing Street armed police are stationed (even the picture you used looks like the gates of Downing Street). That's it. Also, the police don't use them for self defence, they use them to defend the public against criminals with illegal weapons. Since 1980, in mainland UK, the police have only shot and killed 9 people members of the public. Very few members of the public want guns in the UK, and the support from the public for trained police only to be allowed to have access to fire arms is overwhelming. There's no gun crime without guns, and very very little when you make them illegal and police it properly. We had a primary School massacre here in Scotland, that was enough to public opinion to force law makers to change the law on firearms. We learn from out history so we don't repeat the same mistakes. Guess how many School massacres we've had since the law changed? You can dance around the numbers in any way you like, the statistics don't lie.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cmomo

\

Respectfully,

Im very glad it all worked out for the British government and its people.

Insane knee jerk reactionary gun control just wont work here...for the simple reason that among the many problems our own people have, we also import crime from other countries, for some of the people living in our border states its a nightmare wondering what could happen. Our own criminals dont care what laws are in effect, and certainly the foreign criminals could care less as well. They will bring guns, they will always look for the soft target, and when they feel they have the advantage they will act. Unfortunately law enforcement will always be behind the power curve, because they have to respond to an incident. Response takes time...time i do not have when an armed intruder decides he may want what i have and willing to kill me for. The police may arrive just in time to photograph my body. This country has a lot of problems...im not going to sugar coat it. Some from our goverment's choices over the last few years, some because personally i believe that we as americans have all been coddled into thinking were supposed to win at everything that we tend to act like spoiled children when we dont get our way...The world does not work that way. Im tired of seeing people and companies bailed out for failing....they never learn anything except that its ok to fail.....it didnt used to be. Why is it now? I guess thats a question for another day.

Back on topic... i neither want nor need my government to dictate what im allowed to buy, use, or decide when forced to defend my home and family from a criminal who could care less whether he is allowed to own a gun or not.

I think the real problem here that the government should focus on is the criminals themselves.

I personallly would like to see a justice system with actuall teeth- the thing about "cruel and unusual punishment is--if its bad enough---its an excellent motivator NOT to commit a crime. And those who would anyway deserve what they get.

As the police are responders, and rarely "on scene", the first line of defense is me. I would be happy to lay down my gun as soon as the police arrive and more than cooperative in the ensuing investigation.

So until this country straightens itself out, ill just rely on myself. Maybe more americans should do the same.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cmomo

Also, the police don't use them for self defence, they use them to defend the public against criminals with illegal weapons. Since 1980, in mainland UK, the police have only shot and killed 9 people members of the public. Very few members of the public want guns in the UK, and the support from the public for trained police only to be allowed to have access to fire arms is overwhelming. There's no gun crime without guns,and very very little when you make them illegal and police it properly.

In light of the recent attack and beheading in London, would you like to revise your statement?

Do you think an armed citizen could have prevented this senseless murder of an innocent man? I think so! It looks as though this won’t be the last attack we see in UK.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you. The only reason we have done this is because Muslims are dying every day," he said in a video clip that was shown on the ITV website. "This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
www.foxnews.com...

BUT HEY….if you’re happy with waiting on Police to protect you then more power to you!

edit on 25-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I met a fellow in Walmart and he was from Italy . We began talking about the UN gun ban that failed in congress . He exclaimed that he didn't believe the UN was banning guns . I asked him could he possess firearms in Italy . He said no ! Iasked him about BB guns . He said he had one and they came and took it away . I asked him are you sure you don't believe the UN is banning guns . No answer .

He’s very observant.

There are many American’s who think like that guy. Even after a ten year assault weapons ban, confiscations during Katrina and numerous recent attempts at passing more gun legislation, many here still think there is no intent.

Reality has a way of slapping people in the face.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I was sitting on my porch Saturday morning contemplating all of the news reports I’ve heard about gun violence. I believe there is an active conspiracy to mislead us! It occurred to me that no scientific study has conclusively disproved the myth that guns kill people, so I set out to do just that. Bear with me….it gets better!

I wanted to create the perfect conditions for a gun to kill someone so I set out to find a great location with a lot of victims. Because I live in a rural area, I decided to take a ride to a friend’s house in Dallas. There just happened to be many people (men, women, and a lot of children) out enjoying the nice weather. It was time to begin.

I started out with one tiny little pistol. I figured this gun had the least chance of killing someone.

I left the little guy on the porch fully loaded for exactly one hour…no one died! I then decided to up the stakes so I

put 3 loaded pistols on the porch. One of them was the infamous 40cal. I knew I’d see results!

Another hour past and nothing happened. I decided to spend 30 minutes taunting the guns to elicit a violent response. I called them every 4 letter word I could think of. I even slapped the big one a few times while berating it…NOTHING happened! So far this experiment was a success.

It was time to step up to the extremely dangerous ASSAULT RIFLE!

I loaded 25 rounds of 5.56mm +P ammunition into a HI CAPACITY MAGAZINE, charged a round into the chamber and set it on the front porch with the SAFETY OFF (maybe that was the problem). I elevated the rifle by resting it across the arms of a chair so it could see all of the children at play. If anything was going to happen, now was the time.

1 hour later – NOTHING!

By this time I was convinced that I had been lied to by the government. I couldn’t replicate the gun violence I’d read about so many times! It was time for the FINAL TEST!

I put 5 high powered, fully loaded ASSAULT RIFLES and a sub-machine gun loaded with 100 rounds on the porch facing people!! Surely this would spark a mass shooting!!

NOTHING!

I was left scratching my head…

How had these dangerous ‘tools of war’ not killed dozens and wounded hundreds more? I had all the right ammo loaded, I had them in public, I had them near men, women and lots of children, I even taunted them and tried to provoke them into action, but nothing at all happened.

I think this proves that we’ve been lied to…

Guns DON’T kill people after all.

I’ve got to run…I’m starting a new experiment with spoons this afternoon. I’ve heard they cause many American’s to become obese.

edit on 16-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Images are obviously from google and what did you expect some pieces of metal to get up and walk nope....... If I shoot you in the face did a gun not kill you pretty sure I didn't.... I didn't touch you

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by noissucnoc16

Images are obviously from google and what did you expect some pieces of metal to get up and walk nope....... If I shoot you in the face did a gun not kill you pretty sure I didn't.... I didn't touch you

SO!!!! I've proven that guns don't kill people!

Whoops....you're not here to respond anymore!

All the same....point proven! Tell your congressman!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
BAAAHHAHAHAAAA! This is the best, THE BEST blog entry EVER. I can't tell you how much I love it (I came across the entry by accident and I created an account here just so I could leave my two cents). I am soooo sharing it with my friends...particularly the "OMGgunsAREevilANDmustBEbanned" ones.

You totally made my day!

edit on 22-6-2014 by LeviShaari because: Forgot to add text.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seabag

While I enjoyed this post immensely and firmly stand with you behind the defense of 2A, this can either be dismissed as being intellectually dishonest or a poor mockery of the Piers Morgan type of anti-gun hysterics. Yes, it obvious PEOPLE kill people. But the oppositions argument is that guns make that job easier.

But it makes me laugh how someone might run across this thread and see that you...GASP...had guns around kids! As a cat person, even with my support for the cause I must admit I don't like seeing a gun hovering over a sleeping kitty. It's stupid, I know...and cats are probably the second most murderous creatures on Earth. Hell, they torture animals to death for their amusement.

But I love'em anyway.

My mom grew up on a farm in Arizona. WAY back when if you lived outside Phoenix or Tucson and needed serious medical attention, you were pretty much screwed unless you were within the right distance to deal with whatever unfortunate situation you found yourself in. I had an uncle I never met because he got bit by a rattlesnake when he was four...and that was that. They threw him in the truck and hauled anus to Phoenix but he was DOA. So she was taking the heads of rattlers at the age of 8 with a shovel, and if she could get her hands on one of grandpa's or great grandpa's guns, she's pick them off like a pro.

Fast forward to the age of 34. Her first born, my oldest brother gets mixed up with drugs, does some time...probably got raped in jail. Got out, moved to KC for some unknown reason and blew his head off. So now she's very anti-gun. Not in a "ban them all" kind of way, but she wants registration and assault rifle bans etc. I argue that the guns are there to defend ourselves from enemies both foreign and domestic, including tyrannical government meaning no registration or restrictions, but having to identify her first born with a massive, self inflicted gunshot wound to the head has made her quite irrational about the subject and she'll never relent.

I don't like to toot my own horn, but much like any of us gun-nutters I've won every argument, debate or casual conversation on the subject and still the mental stain remains. I can cite Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Vlad the friggin' Impaler...nothing will ever convince her. To her, if he didn't have the gun he's still be alive. Which is totally false, if anything the gun was quicker and cleaner than trying to hang himself or any of the other 100 suicide options available to any of us at any time. Look under your sink, it's suicide central. But since he used the gun, the gun is her enemy.

The reason this issue is STILL on the table is because women, not to be sexist, hear about kids shooting kids, mass shootings etc. and it's in their DNA to place security over liberty. That's my belief, anyway. I know a lot of women are on the right side and a lot of men are in the wrong, but I think if we look at the numbers women would outnumber men in the anti-gun category. And that's the reason why, we're wired differently.

And not to get off topic, but were those .22s or .25s? Because I had a .25. I swear to every god ever worshiped I shot a rat with one of those pieces of crap and that rat acted like it was merely bit on the ass by a mosquito, lol. It scuffled off as if nothing had happened, I didn't even see a blood trail. Took it to a pawn shop...it was good for a six pack.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Wrath because: must to much

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hate to double post, but how do I give the thread starter a thumbs up and the thread the same? Because it deserves it, but this is the most complicated forum I've ever posted on. Which is good, it means you've got some great programmers and designers or whatever, but I'm not sure if a flag is a good thing, bad thing or an order for a slice of cherry cheesecake. Call me stupid, it's accurate.

As long as I've already done it, another argument used is that what can guns possibly do to a government with such advanced weaponry. Here's my answer; You don't fight back because you know you're going to win, you fight back because it's the right thing to do. The bully may be twice your size but you don't give that jerk your lunch money, you scoop up some dirt, throw it in his eye and kick him in the balls until you've made sure he'll never reproduce. If you fail, well...time heals all wounds. And getting your ass handed to you makes you a bit smarter and more dangerous the next time someone like that approaches. You may NEVER win a fight, but you fight anyway. Because either you're a predator or you're prey. Actually, either you're a rhino, not to be screwed with even if you do only eat grass or whatever...or you're prey. Decent people shouldn't want to prey on their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join