It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by Logos23

Yes, i totally agree, a legit study with out the emotion would be great. Im interested in seeing the resaults.

Ps. I was kind of just goofin with my first question, sorry.

I know you were....no apology needed or required....nothing wrong with a little goofiness

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Please tell me you're kidding, this is a joke and you're just having a laugh with us.

If now i must tell you that you are a person who has some problems.

A gun is a tool for killing not a killer, and is the most effective killing tool out there at the moment. There are deranged people who use these 'tools' to kill people for no good reason and the most logical way for a government to reduce the risk is to highly regulate these 'tools' and hope it will become difficult for deranged people to get hold of one and start shooting.

For the explanation you gave in the OP i have no words, i mean there are two images that came to mind after finishing and i hope you're not offended but this was my interpretation: a redneck sitting in his southern home looking at his gun while typing on a computer and a trailer trash that was looking at his gun, affraid that the feds will burst in and take it which will prove that this was all a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

In the name of fairness, please would it be possible for an independent study in the same vain relating to whether gun's protect people?

Technically, nothing happened to me during the experiment. There were guns present, and during that time I was not the victim of a violent crime. One could say the presence of the guns deterred any would-be criminals from acting.

edit on 17-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
People may kill people but someone who goes into a school armed with a knife will kill less than one with an automatic weapon. If no one had guns in america it would be a better place, guns are not necessary. Nuclear bombs don't kill people unles they are detonated perhaps ordinary citizens should have them too!! Pointless thread

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Seabag and GreenGlassDoor thanks for the answer. I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to machine guns or guns in general haha but that gun looks pretty bad@$$.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnoir

So i guess since knives kill less at one time, its ok with you if a person that happens to know how to use a kitana goes in to a school and kills a bunch of kids and teachers, or any where for that matter.
Kind of like what happened in china or japan, cant remeber which one.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Oh, sigh... Please do some reading and you would know its a joke and didnt literally happen.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc

Fact #1
14% of the US population commits 50% of its homicides

Okay now I'm a little confused.....are you saying that 14% + of the US population commits homicide????

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

For the explanation you gave in the OP i have no words, i mean there are two images that came to mind after finishing and i hope you're not offended but this was my interpretation: a redneck sitting in his southern home looking at his gun while typing on a computer and a trailer trash that was looking at his gun, affraid that the feds will burst in and take it which will prove that this was all a conspiracy.

I can understand that. After all, that’s what we’ve all been conditioned to think. Everyone who supports the 2nd looks like a red neck, right?

That couldn't be farther from the truth but you're free to keep drinking that Kool Aid!

edit on 17-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnoir

People may kill people but someone who goes into a school armed with a knife will kill less than one with an automatic weapon.

Maybe, but I’m not about to give up my 2nd amendment rights to make you feel better about your hypothetical situation.

If no one had guns in america it would be a better place, guns are not necessary.

That’s your opinion.

Nuclear bombs don't kill people unles they are detonated perhaps ordinary citizens should have them too!! Pointless thread

This one post right here made this entire thread worthwhile to me. That response is why its important to people like me to keep this debate alive. Read it and weep!!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Fact #1

Okay now I'm a little confused.....are you saying that 14% + of the US population commits homicide????

Thats what im getting out of it, but if only 14% of the pop commits 50% of the homicides then who commits the other 50%, criminals or is that factored in with the pop?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I'm hardly saying its ok to do that am I ? I'm just making a valid point you can kill less people with a knife than with a gun hence why soldiers are armed with guns and no longer fight with swords and spears! If guns don't kill people neither do tanks, bombs, nuclear and biological weapons or anything really according to the op the only thing which kills people is other people and obviously time!
Guns are designed to kill people if there not killing people there not doing their job surely, if you had a gun which wasn't capable of killing someone you wouldn't want it right? The very purpose of a guns is to cause death to another person or animal. And like I said before if guns don't kill people people do than its the same for nuclear weapons right so do u think we should be allowed those too? Obviously you don't. I havnt got a problem with gun ownership it Is Unfortuantly inevitable in a country like America but tougher restriction need to be brought in and guns don't kill people arguement is nothing short of laughable

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

No, that means that 14% of the population is responsible for 50% of the homicides.

Kind of like top 5% of tax payers pay @60% of the total taxes collected in US.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A gun is a tool used for killing. Why give people these tools? Surely if no1 had a gun it would be better? Or am I crazy or something? Surely ordinary citizens don't think they NEED automatic weapons at least? Please im genuinely intrigued to know why some people think they need more weapons than your average soldier

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Fact #1

Okay, that was not stated the best way. Crimes statistics by skin color (I hate using the word race to describe someone, unless its to describe a human vs. some other race) state that 50% of the homicides are committed by people that make up 14% (blacks) of the US population. Not 14% of the population commit 50% of the murders. If you had clicked the link it would have made sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

awesome pic, my uncle has that gun. Whats it called again? i cant remember right off hand.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

Is there any statistics to show how many illegally owner guns are used in homicides? Because if te majority of homicides are through illegally owned guns maybe tougher gun control would punish lawful gun owners rather than criminals with illegally owned weapons?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Fact #1

Thats what im getting out of it, but if only 14% of the pop commits 50% of the homicides then who commits the other 50%, criminals or is that factored in with the pop?

Seems pretty obvious to me, 100 - 14 = 86% commit the other 50% of the homicides. If you want the breakdown by skin color, click the link. I provided the link for a reason. Everyone on that list a criminal, obviously or it wouldn't be a crime statistic would it? lol

edit on 17-2-2013 by Cybermerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnoir

actually I do have a gun that isn't capable of killing somebody it's called the BB gun.
also there are other guns that people use that aren't made for killing people and I've made a list of them in a previous post about 20 pages back go find it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Fact #1

I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join