It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Originally posted by chrome413
reply to post by Lichter daraus

You obviously haven't been around many hard core NRA members then. Come hang out at the turkey shoot and you'll meet a lot of them and believe it or not, they think any gun law is unconstitutional. And I'm not just talking about regular people, but people of positions of importance within the NRA.

I don't know why you feel the need to continually hen-peck my opinion, when you're obviously uneducated on the subject yourself. Get out and get some life experience and we'll see how your opinion changes.

"hard core NRA members" ???

You make it sound like it's the KKK or some white supremacist group.

Some of them aren't far from that. Men with itchy trigger fingers praying someone will break into their home or come to confiscate their guns, so they can finally shoot someone. I agree, it sounds crazy, and they are crazy. Believe me or don't, but I see these people at the conservation club every weekend when I go to the gun range. They are just praying for the first shot to be fired in their "revolution."

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Since we're both online....

Public apology time. I went rather caustic ten or fifteen pages back because I did not read far enough long to learn that you did not actually place weapons upon a deck unsupervised.

Given that... I humbly apologize for speaking out of turn and answering before I had the entire story.

~Heff

Well, that’s very kind…and unnecessary.

No apology required!

Thanks though!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ahyaprobly

It is not vague. It has to do with setting up a militia (look up what a fyrd is to better understand this), which is a construction of the states, until they are Federalized by an Act of Congress. States mandated the private purchase of firearms for purposes of mustering until a Senator from Ohio wanted to make his Ohio militia rank hold some weight in the war department. Most states roll with the National Guard concept, but that isn't the final word in what a militia is. Other states retain a "self defense force" for those who would otherwise be ineligible for the National Guard.

So unless the firearm transaction violates the ICC, the Feds get no say. The rest of it is handled by the states.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

I figured it was a satirical thread but I thought maybe you used pictures of your own/friends collection or knew what kind of gun that was. Either way great thread and it's pretty funny

In case you missed it, GreenGlassDoor provided your answer about the type of machine gun - It’s an RPD!

Looks a lot more fun than a Thompson!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

You told me it was not vague, then proceeded to tell me the definition of militia varies from state to state. If there is no concrete definition, then it is vague.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For the record, and for those asking, the rifle in question is a Dragunov 7.62x55 sniper rifle fitted (for some reason) with a 100 round drum magazine.

Off topic, I know, but it's been bugging me when people ask about it.

Back to the topic...vrrrooooom vrrroooooom!

edit...nope, I was wrong. Seabag nailed it. Whoops!

edit on 2/17/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Oh, but this is all about "the children", right? Yeah, right!

Yes, the abortion issue does make them hypocritical. And even if it was about the children…I submit this question:

Wow, you are so totally independent it takes my breath away. Should your thread be moved to skunk works as its title has no correlation with the actual content, or should it be in the joke section?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Not vague. Open to regulation per the state legislature. The state could say that all able bodied men must be in the militia, must purchase an assault rifle, and must practice once a month and it would be 100% legal. States currently opt not to do this because they get Federal funds for a Natioanl Guard and have to meet DOD standards to execute those funds.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

And none would be able to include the 'assault rifle' clause if they were illegal at the federal level...which is what we are debating.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

A) The SVD is 7.62 x 54R
B) I do not believe a drum mag was ever made for the SVD
C) That is an RPD, if you're talking about the picture with the AKMSes in the lower portion

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No the Federal government would have overstepped its Constitutional limits. The only weapon system a state cannot purchase per the Constitution is a ship of war.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Assault weapons bans have been instated at the federal level before and were never deemed unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes, for individuals. If your state said you are now part of the militia and you MUST buy an assault rifle it is not a purchase you are making on your own but at the complusion of the state (e.g. You are buying it as a member of the state militia, not an individual).

State governments can vary this theme to by-pass an assault weapons ban. They do not because they run the risk of getting their National Guard money stopped.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

'The right of the people' is the key phrase here and serves as the center of the current debate on gun ownership.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahyaprobly

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

'The right of the people' is the key phrase here and serves as the center of the current debate on gun ownership.

There really isn't much debate on that anymore since, as previously pointed out, the SCOTUS reaffirmed the that the right to keep and bear arms applies to all American's. The whole "militia" thing doesn't matter according to their ruling.

Do we agree?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Indeed we do.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Morg234

Also, violent crime in the US has been on a steady decline for DECADES even as gun sales rise. Explain that!
reply to post by seabag

Oh yes, impossibly declining crime rates. Explain how they have been tampered with? Hmm, can't be that hard surely.

I showed you the stats provided by the justice department.

If you want to refute them then bring something to the table.

I'm not going to do your homework for you!

Some say the declining crime rate in the US has more to do with people being locked up than with anything else, I don't know. What I do know is that it is ignorant to claim or imply a causation between this declining crime rate and the increasing number of guns sold. Fact is a declining number of gun owners own two-thirds of the guns in the United States or simply fewer people own more guns.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Man, you are soooo late to this party.
Btw yes the title of the thread fits just fine.
Have a good day.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Lets say you left 2 tons of coc aine on the porch instead of your guns and you didnt die of it, would you still make the same conclusion? Drugs dont kill people, right ?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Not sure how true it but last i heard guns sales have gone up because the gov wants to pass stricter gun laws.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join