It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by Nicks87

Originally posted by liverlad
If some kids found those guns laying around, and hurt people or themselves with them, what would be the problem in this situation?

The weapons or the children?

The right statement is: People with guns kill people.
edit on 17-2-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

Isnt it clear to you british pea-brains that we dont care about your contrived, ignorant, pedantic comments concerning gun control?

Your tyrannical parliment took your right to bear arms without much resistance so what makes you think that we should listen to anything you have to say about the subject.

Americans dont live in a subservient society like you do. We dont bow to monarchs and we dont put up with tyrannical govts. Our rights are ours to lose and it has nothing to do with what guns do or dont do when a human interacts with them.

Then why didn't you act against the unconstitutional elements of the Patriot Act ? At least we pea-brains did cut off the head of an overbearing monarch.

Really? Then why can the queen disolve parliment if and whenever she chooses?

...and what's wrong with the patriot act? It doesnt take any rights away from law-abiding citizens just terrorist cowards and criminals.

You obviously don't know much about British governance. The Queen only dissolves parliament at the request of the Prime Minister.

Well if you are not bothered about constitutional rights being eroded what's the fuss about the 2nd Amendment ?

www.scn.org...

What constitutional rights does the patriot act take away? That link is full of mis-info.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Nicks87 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Nope no last words we can call it, and yes i would definitely get into a conversation about other topics with you.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Totally true. It's the bullets that kill them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What constitutional rights does the patriot act take away? That link is full of mis-info.

Federal courts have held some aspects to be unconstitutional so what are you saying is the mis-info ?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

Not sure why you even got stars, anyway relax ok it was a joke, satire. He didnt literally leave guns outside laying around unattended ok. if read the post you would figure that out since you couldnt tell from op.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alienmma

Wow, this is not a good thread at all. You are part of the problem yet you fail to realize it.

Or maybe you are since you don’t understand satire when you see it.

It's quite scary to know that there are citizens that carry a wide array of assault rifles and machine guns... for literally no reason. There aren't mercenary groups terrorizing our citizens, there isn't a foreign nation invading our country... so why own multiple machine guns? With drum magazines? Yep, I'm sure you'll need that to kill a deer.

Why is it scary. I’ve established that guns don’t kill people no matter how many are there. Why are you so fearful of your neighbor yet so willing to trust the federal government to take our guns?

Answer this: Who has killed more people - The federal government or your neighbor? Now ask yourself, “Why am I so scared of my neighbor with guns yet comfortable with the federal government armed to the teeth?”

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

seriously man it doesn't matter what kind or how many guns are shown, it's totally irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Interesting experiment, seabag, but your experiment is greatly flawed, you see.

I admit that you were trying to see if guns kill people, but you didn't have a control group. For example, when you first laid out your small pistol, you should have also set a plastic knife and a screwdriver.

Observe which object is more liable to kill a person the fastest, or appeals more to bloodlust.

Increase power (ie larger knives, swords, shuriken, maybe a false grenade), and record the results. Perhaps your guns were not in a killing mood? A more stressful environment should provoke them to kill people.

But all in all, your guns are very well behaved and you have trained them well.

Actually, I did. I was running another experiment concurrently with various sharp, shiny instruments. I had a pile of them on the drive way while I was foscused on the gun experiment.

Nobody died!! It turns out they’re all safe as long as they’re not in the hands of a bad human being…go figure!!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Federal courts have held some aspects to be unconstitutional so what are you saying is the mis-info ?

They have? Do you have any links? and if so then why hasnt it been repealed?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You need to create an email and send it to everyone in your address book. I am pretty sure it will go viral. This is one of many points I try to tell ignorant people concerning the "gun debate". The fact is, most people will believe what they want to; even if there is ample evidence to the contrary. Nice collection by the way!

Here are three points concerning the famous "AR 15".
First: The bullet in a 22 long rifle and AR-15 are exactly the same weight. The difference is the amount of powder. An AR-15 is nothing more than a glorified 22.

Second: The "AR" in the name does not stand for "Assault Rifle"! It stands for "Armalite Rifle" who was the original designer and manufacture for the rifle. ArmaLite sold their rights to the AR-10 and AR-15 designs in 1959 to Colt.

Third: The military started using them because they maim people more often than kill them. This will ensure the enemy use more personnel and resources to take care of the survivors. My Opinion--> These rifles are notorious for jamming. I would not own one. An M-14 is better. Most snipers used the M-14 in Vietnam.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I really enjoyed it for the comedy, honesty and the absolute refusal of ignorance!
edit on 2/17/2013 by NoSoup4U because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Relax, I know it's a satire. But the point stands that with freedoms come responsibility. The whole guns don't kill people, people kill people argument is childish, narrow minded and missing that point. Just because someone has a right does not mean they can do whatever they want with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Some of the replies on this thread just make me shake my head in disbelief!

Simple question - how many millions upon millions of people were killed via violence before firearms were even a gleam in someone's eye? Starting with rocks, then arrows, then swords...all just fine instruments of death. A firearm is nothing more than a tool. In the absence of a screwdriver many will reach for a butter knife. A firearm is no different.

What truly needs to be addressed is the motivations and convictions of the person reaching for the tool, not the tool itself. Anyone who argues differently is simply misinformed, acting out an agenda or likely both.

Banning firearms accomplishes nothing.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They have? Do you have any links? and if so then why hasnt it been repealed?

Here you go :-

www.nbcnews.com...

I don''t know why it hasn't been repealed but I thought you guys were supposed to be rushing into the streets guns blazing if this sort of thing happened.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You better watch out Seabag, when you are actuelly mixing common sense, reason and some logic, you will be accused of being something horrable because there is no fact or facts these people can produce that will prove you wrong.

The real problem here is the people that want to disarm law abiding citizens and not deal with the mental disorders these killer types have is I belive it hits to close to home.

Point being there is an agenda to use these mentally challenged lacky's to do there biding for them to disarm the last free country. These types know no better, they just know that if someone disagrees with them they must be horrable and evil, oh ya....racist.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

Relax, I know it's a satire. But the point stands that with freedoms come responsibility. The whole guns don't kill people, people kill people argument is childish, narrow minded and missing that point. Just because someone has a right does not mean they can do whatever they want with it.

no one ever said anything about anybody doing whatever they want with guns I don't know where you're coming up with this, unless there's some post I missed in here. Me i have no problem with gun laws i just hope down the road they really dont try to take our guns. and criminals they don't care about peoples rights they will do whatever they want with it. point is if the government is going to try and take our guns away what difference would it make the criminals will still have them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
There are societies out there that are far more polite than ours - and they aren't armed to the teeth

Meanwhile - we're increasingly living in fear of each other - locked up in gated communities - people calling for armed guards everywhere...

Why is that?

As far as I see it, two words. Class warfare. At least here in the U.S.

What I am about to type comes from experience, not reading about it.

Every gated community where I have lived were always quite wealthy (only a few had guards and I don't think they were armed at the time) and they had basically put up a shield to protect their investment; such as their lives and property. The majority of them were also Democrats or liberal. They pooled their resources.

Wealthy Republicans or conservatives often seem to have acreage rather than a closed in space. Though some do have guards that they employ, I would venture to say that most do not. Though the alarm companies make a killing off of these properties.

And then there are the rest of us.

I actually think of myself amongst the “Haves” even though I live a very simple lifestyle. I don’t need much to be happy. Little House on the Prairie had more furniture than I.

Personally, I don’t live in fear of my fellow citizen, I am aware though that there may be someone who thinks I would be an easy mark. (They best sneak up behind me because I am not otherwise)

My circle of friends consist of the “haves” and “have-nots” and it actually works out quite well. It’s one of the oddities in my life that I enjoy as do they.

The “have-nots” help occasionally the “haves” with mechanical skill sets, and the “haves” occasionally help the “have-nots” with financial help. It all works out in the end and everybody is happy.

We are friends, not a "Class" and that is what people need to realize. Until then, all of us, regardless of social stature are screwed.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by BlueMav
guns actually do kill people, lots of people every day. there is no arguement to say you can do the same with a knife etc. i'd shoot every last one of them off the face of the earth if i could

What the hell are you talking about?
And the argument is that no weapon kills lots of people every day, people use weapons to kill people every day that is a fact.

Its people like you that dont need guns, you seem to be mad at the world and would kill everyone if you could.
If that isnt a good reason to be watched by the gubment then i dont know what is.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

Can't legislate morals, any more than mandate behavior. The key is
living with a viable conscience tempering proper restraint; something
of a troublesome two edged sword the 'gubment' and criminals isn't
wearing right now. Who watches the watchers?
Dangerous behavior to me is voting legislation through without reading it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk
Some of the replies on this thread just make me shake my head in disbelief!

Simple question - how many millions upon millions of people were killed via violence before firearms were even a gleam in someone's eye? Starting with rocks, then arrows, then swords...all just fine instruments of death. A firearm is nothing more than a tool. In the absence of a screwdriver many will reach for a butter knife. A firearm is no different.

What truly needs to be addressed is the motivations and convictions of the person reaching for the tool, not the tool itself. Anyone who argues differently is simply misinformed, acting out an agenda or likely both.

Banning firearms accomplishes nothing.

With respect, you can't just ignore the fact that firearms have now reached a level of efficiency where any moron can inflict terrible casualties in a very short time.

If a death ray was devised, which it probably will be, which could incinerate hundreds in a second would you still be saying well it's just a "tool" ?

The writers of the 2nd amendment were familiar with muzzle loading muskets which could fire 2 or 3 times a minute and that's it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You obviously haven't been around many hard core NRA members then. Come hang out at the turkey shoot and you'll meet a lot of them and believe it or not, they think any gun law is unconstitutional. And I'm not just talking about regular people, but people of positions of importance within the NRA.

I don't know why you feel the need to continually hen-peck my opinion, when you're obviously uneducated on the subject yourself. Get out and get some life experience and we'll see how your opinion changes.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Rikku
i think maybe the op just wanted to show of his gun collection.
i think this independant study was a bit childish.

Maybe those were pictures pulled off the net for illustrative purposes after a quick Google search?

Maybe the OP fooled you? I hear he's pretty clever!

edit on 16-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

No, the OP isn't particularly clever. I was disappointed when I came to a thread that stated it was around an independent study and instead is by one of the most rabid don't-tell-me-what-I-can-and-can't-do people who posts on ATS and one who has pushed the 'let anyone have whatever weapon they want with no exceptions' spiel to the point where it couldn't actually be less independent, and the actual premise is very weak. Correctly cased you could have a nuclear bomb in your living room - doesn't mean it wouldn't kill people if detonated though does it?

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join