It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to avenge killing of Guard commander in Syria: official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

www.reuters.com...

Iran to avenge killing of Guard commander in Syria: official

(Reuters) - Iran will soon exact revenge on Israel for the recent killing of a Revolutionary Guards commander in Syria, an aide to Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was quoted on Saturday as saying.

Iran said on Thursday that an Iranian military commander named Hessam Khoshnevis, also called Hassan Shateri in some news accounts, had been killed in Syria by rebels fighting President Bashar al-Assad, an ally of Tehran.

"Our enemies should also know that we will quickly get revenge for (the death of) Haj Hassan (Shateri) from the Israelis, and the enemies cannot shut off the Iranian people with such stupid acts," Shirazi was by the Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA) on Saturday as saying.

in relation to this story

online.wsj.com...

we have heard talk with no actions for quite some time, so this will probably be a war of words with no action (hopefully), though it seems to be in the US best interest to have a reason to either attack Iran, or chastise them further,

Reuters so take it as you will,

www.foxnews.com...

www.jpost.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Both implicating the Israelis and provoking them would be unwise for Iran. Though as usual statements like this from Tehran are more often meant to impress their own people more than anyone else.

There are clandestine groups seeking to provoke war with Israel, and at this point it would not take a great deal to accomplish that.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

yes it is true. it is war of words. but USA is not after attacking Iran !

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Beat me to the post
Good find
before the Israel haters join us, Nah if Iran could do it they would have by now, they have the backing of China and Russia, I posted a thread about Iran and dire consequences for Tel Aviv, not a thing happened just more hot air.
Again good find though

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Its just war of words

Iran do not dare to kill Israelis

Its a propaganda

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So vengence is what this apostate Khameni wants for the one death of the criminal arms smuggler on his orders?

What about the thousands of innocent lives lost if those weapons had been given over to his terrorists dogs and used?

WHO then will seek vengence for those thousands innocents?

Even though it was his aide that spoke, he did so with authority from the beast leader, or he would not have been aide or even imprisoned for misleading information. But he still speaks with full authority, thus the persian infidel apostate Khameni just made himself World's Humanity Public Enemy number 1.

May he end the facade of deciets, charades, double speak, etc. It's getting tiring, not working and making things worse not only for the naive iranian citizens who supports him ignorantly if not fanatically, his stupidities hurt and harm the rest of mankind.

He is old and getting senile. Time to smell the roses and give up on power, more so when it had been so blaspheously used. He may soon to die, but there are millions of innocents in our world whom have yet to taste life in full. May he back off for once, come clean, and sincerely try to find an honest way to live with the rest of the world, our world, which stands ready to help and protect the Shias provided his duplicity and irrational stupidities end.....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenArrow

Its just war of words

Iran do not dare to kill Israelis

Its a propaganda

Indeed, i doubt anything will come of this, though this is within the 'Histories' now, one may simply call back to it at any time given

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Israel need a wake up call. I'm sick of them using every excuse they can think of to justify bombing, killing who ever they see fit. Again, I find it funny how people think that Iran wouldn't attack Israel. It will take an Israeli strike on the Iranian homeland to get a retaliation, its as simple as that. Don't think for one minute that Iran will not launch missiles at Israel. The question is whether Israel can grow some balls and attack Iran like they really want to do. For their sake, I hope they don't.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Iran is finished if it goes to war with Israel

Iran will be bombed from all side

No one is going to come to save them

So the only way for Iran to survive is by making few Nuclear Bombs

No one dares to attack nuclear armed nation

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenArrow

Bullcrap, Iran don't want nuclear weapons and if Israel even considers using one they will be blown back to Europe where they belong. I tend to think 80 Million people would win a war against 7 Million and if the USA want to get involved then Israel shouldn't be starting wars they cannot finish by themselves, simple.

With that though, if you take into account the extremists running around all over the Middle East and North Africa, I'm not so sure Iran are the ones surrounded

edit on 18-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by GreenArrow

Bullcrap, Iran don't want nuclear weapons and if Israel even considers using one they will be blown back to Europe where they belong. I tend to think 80 Million people would win a war against 7 Million and if the USA want to get involved then Israel shouldn't be starting wars they cannot finish by themselves, simple.

With that though, if you take into account the extremists running around all over the Middle East and North Africa, I'm not so sure Iran are the ones surrounded

edit on 18-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

Now now...We cannot be telling them to go back to europe when their ancestors did come from the middle east originally because the Romans drug most of them along when they left. That is like telling the American indians to go back to eurasia. The ones who can go back though are the extremist in the nation of israel. That would leave less than half of the population and then they would not need so much space Both nations need to chill out though..

top topics

join