It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul was a murderer

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

No its not. In fact the oposite is true.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What? Are you saying that the God of the Old Testament DIDN"T require animal sacrifice and the death of those who didn't follow his law or believed in another God?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I was repsonding to the last line only of that post.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Paul was a murderer

Yeah.
And so were Many of the old testament patriarchs who were "beloved by god".

F-ed up? sure. That is why I'm an agnostic.
edit on 3/1/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: sp.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mohammud was a murderer , fornicator , thief , thug and liar and the only author of the Koran why have you knuckle heads not attacked him?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Mohammud was a murderer , fornicator , thief , thug and liar and the only author of the Koran why have you knuckle heads not attacked him?

Have you not been awake the last 12-13 years?

Or read any history?
edit on 3/1/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Duh! Because we're secret Jew spies that are out to destroy Christianity, not Islam.
I'm pretty sure that's where you were going with that.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Paul was a murderer

Yeah.

That's because they were emulating their God, who was also a murderer.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

LOL! Here have a star!

Poor feller, you're so desperate to get your guy(s) off the hot seat!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Paul was a murderer

Yeah.

That's because they were emulating their God, who was also a murderer.

I can see that, like Charles Manson, who convinced his followers to go out and kill/ He was convicted and is still in prison nutty as ever.

Probably not where you were going with that though.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I do belive you are not far from his meaning.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

LOL! Here have a star!

Poor feller, you're so desperate to get your guy(s) off the hot seat!

Something to remember here wind, when Israel came out of Egypt they were going back into their homeland that by then was full of squaters. And the squaters were asked kindly to leave. And! They long knew that the land had been granted to Israel but moved in anyway. In fact many there were related to them.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Something to remember here wind, when Israel came out of Egypt they were going back into their homeland that by then was full of squaters. And the squaters were asked kindly to leave. And! They long knew that the land had been granted to Israel but moved in anyway. In fact many there were related to them.

The Hebrews found themselves as guests of the Pharaoh, because of Joseph for many, many generations. They left their "homeland" in the desert because of famine. They had no claim to established cities an established governments.

As far as the people being "kindly asked to leave", lets have another look at they way the Hebrews "asked."

Deut. 20:10
When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city.

edit on 1-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This is why its painfull talking about this stuff with someone, and we dont have to agree but we must know what we are talking about, that dosent seem to know enough to have a civil but disagreeable conversation.

You must go back before they ever went into Egypt. They bought land, made pacts, ect with folks around there. See Gileed for one that became known as Gilead. They had burial grounds there and even took back some dead out of egypt and buried them there. When they left Egypt they took Josephs body with them to bury there after hundreds of years of being away. Even draging his body out of its tomb in egypt and bringing it with them was the same as making a claim on the land. the were taking Joe back to his homeland to bury with his fathers. The locals were incensed.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The Hebrews found themselves as guests of the Pharaoh, because of Joseph for many, many generations. They left their "homeland" in the desert because of famine. They had no claim to established cities an established governments.

edit on 1-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Thats the way it was back in those days. The Hebrews never stole the land to beginn with and thus had legal claim years later. Folks like to make the native american connection but the fact is the hebrews were comming back ito their legal land and had a bunch of squaters living there and they were forced to pay back rent and come under the authority of the rightfull owners. Non of these folks wanted to recognize those land rights so they got burned out orn put to work. And yes even after all those years. thats they way things worked back then. later God gave legal temp holding rights to several other kingdoms.

Thats is why I brought up Gilead. When Israel went back into the land they seem to have disreguarded the old land lines as far as Syria was concerned. These lines were made between labon and jocob way back. There were lagal considerations on both sides that finaly broke out in war years later. We can talk about all that if you want to.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The Hebrews never stole the land to beginn with and thus had legal claim years later.

.....But it was someone else's land before that. They just simply killed or subjugated those that were there first.

Canaanites, Philistines perhaps you recall?
edit on 3/1/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's not even mentioning all the cities and towns the Hebrews pillaged in Yahweh's name. They didn't have claim to those cities, yet they still took them. But I guess that's out of sight out of mind when talking about Egypt.

The mind of a religious person is a scary place.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

well I am just giving you the real history without all the hype....but you are all about hype.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

well I am just giving you the real history

...Just leaving out the genocidal bits and stealing land from those already settled there parts.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The Hebrews never stole the land to beginn with and thus had legal claim years later.

.....But it was someone else's land before that. They just simply killed or subjugated those that were there first.

Canaanites, Philistines perhaps you recall?
edit on 3/1/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Ok I just told you that they came by the land within legal terms to begin with. The folks they found living there upon returning refused to recognize the old rights. I am not even taking sides here just putting out the history. I dont expect you to know all this, but if you look into it you will find that many of the folks living in that land upon the return were hebrew related....Amon, Edom ect. The Philistines had no claim, they were outsiders that took some of the land by force to begin with. They even ended up subjugating the hebrews for some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join