It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab rats 'acquire sixth sense'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Would we still be human? if we let a machine do our thinking for us would we not be drones?

Machines do your walking for you when you drive a car. They do your seeing for you when you wear glasses. They actually do think for you now when you use a calculator.

Technology isn't hindering our evolution. It's part of it.

I never said any thing about evolution. A car is not a computer.... A calculator is but it can only do math. You really do not understand what i am saying. Imagine having a program downloaded to the chip in your brain. This program "predicts" outcomes of different choices you can make. With in a split second of thinking of the choices you have the program has all ready decided the best choice. So you chose the best choice because its the computers choice. You would be dependent on the computer with in your brain.

Even if your all for this technology it would be VERY dangerous releasing it at this time. TPTB would make every choice for us because we would make every choice based off a computer simulation and TPTB would control that simulation.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Would we still be human? if we let a machine do our thinking for us would we not be drones?

Machines do your walking for you when you drive a car. They do your seeing for you when you wear glasses. They actually do think for you now when you use a calculator.

I never said any thing about evolution. A car is not a computer.... A calculator is but it can only do math. You really do not understand what i am saying. Imagine having a program downloaded to the chip in your brain. This program "predicts" outcomes of different choices you can make. With in a split second of thinking of the choices you have the program has all ready decided the best choice. So you chose the best choice because its the computers choice. You would be dependent on the computer with in your brain.

Even if your all for this technology it would be VERY dangerous releasing it at this time. TPTB would make every choice for us because we would make every choice based off a computer simulation and TPTB would control that simulation.

Very well articulated argument! However, like I said in a previous post, how would we know if our chips were controlled by us or an outside influence? (hackers, TPTB, etc.)

I know this could go either way, but do you think the government would automatically regulate our thoughts? I wonder if there are any laws and/or patents controlled by the government currently that would cover such issues..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Being apart of evolution may be hindering it. Instead of walking or running or even riding a horse we use a car. Think of it as less exercise. Now with all the the we save up we could use it to make up the exercise but most watch t.v. Glasses help show potential de-evolution, Instead of blindness being bread out we just crutch them and treat them as equals. The population seems to be increasing in sight issues. (can be attributed to environment) Technology may not help.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

Very well articulated argument! However, like I said in a previous post, how would we know if our chips were controlled by us or an outside influence? (hackers, TPTB, etc.)

I know this could go either way, but do you think the government would automatically regulate our thoughts? I wonder if there are any laws and/or patents controlled by the government currently that would cover such issues..

I know for a fact their currently is not any laws to stop this. It could be happening right now. The govt is far ahead of the public when it comes to technology. Really makes you think.
Why wouldn't some organization in the Govt want to be able to have the power to control every ones actions, it would make their jobs allot easier. I do not think its a case of if but when...
They all ready have so much influence in our life.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon
reply to post by Cuervo

Being apart of evolution may be hindering it. Instead of walking or running or even riding a horse we use a car. Think of it as less exercise. Now with all the the we save up we could use it to make up the exercise but most watch t.v. Glasses help show potential de-evolution, Instead of blindness being bread out we just crutch them and treat them as equals. The population seems to be increasing in sight issues. (can be attributed to environment) Technology may not help.

Good point i never looked at it like that. Gasses could be a major problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
"Mwhahahahaha....all the easier to flip a switch and destroy you," says the evil one as he walks away, rubbing his hands together.
edit on 16-2-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

I bet you think that same evil one runs around flipping the switch on everybodys Respiratory machines now

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Imagine having a program downloaded to the chip in your brain. This program "predicts" outcomes of different choices you can make. With in a split second of thinking of the choices you have the program has all ready decided the best choice. So you chose the best choice because its the computers choice. You would be dependent on the computer with in your brain.

You just described human instinct. You are already at the mercy of your chemistry and body. Everybody lives life through a filter and improving that filter does not make you less of a human nor does it take away choice any more than our brains already do.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon
reply to post by Cuervo

I understand that and I used to be a bit of a Luddite because of that philosophy. But our evolution has always been a product of our environment so if we change that environment with technology, it is no different than if the environment itself adapted to humanity. We are the products of our own design no matter how you look at it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Nice one OP! S&F because you remember my favourite SNES game.

Rev

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Nice one OP! S&F because you remember my favourite SNES game.

Rev

I didn't remember YOUR favorite SNES game.... I remembered MINE!!!
I still play Shadowrun on my laptop and tablet. It was such an underrated game for the 1990s...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Imagine having a program downloaded to the chip in your brain. This program "predicts" outcomes of different choices you can make. With in a split second of thinking of the choices you have the program has all ready decided the best choice. So you chose the best choice because its the computers choice. You would be dependent on the computer with in your brain.

You just described human instinct. You are already at the mercy of your chemistry and body. Everybody lives life through a filter and improving that filter does not make you less of a human nor does it take away choice any more than our brains already do.

I am at the mercy of my body's chemistry but that does not mean I should add extra component's witch will put me at the mercy of more. You said it improves the filter but at what expense? I could see certain emotions disappearing over time because they are not probable when you can calculate the best choice. This is a very dangerous path, I do not think humanity, at least the public is ready for this kind of technology. By public I do mean only a select few should be able to posses this tech. But even then, who are those select few and will they be chosen rightfully? I do not think so. Until this system of manipulation and control is stopped (you know TI's?) then it should not exist.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, currently my mind is of it's own free will to dwell upon and think whatever I like.

When the day comes I'm asked to put hardware into my body that will directly influence how and what I think -

Is the day WWIII starts, I'm thinking. Got to get rid of those religious institutions screaming mark of the devil, before something like that could ever be implemented forcibly. Though, one could argue, that's well on it's way to fruition.

We shall see. This sort of technology, that will set the world on it's ear, is right around the corner. Just have to ready the masses for insertion.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I used to have a pet rat.... they are super clever and learn quick.
Therefore I think the Thread Title is wrong and should be...

Lab rats Reveal Sixth Sense!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

What do you mean by "Its like saying using a cell-phone doesn't make you evolve."? A cell phone is an external source that has many uses, but it is not a part of you nor does it have any impact on your thought process, reasoning, etc. What I meant by the OP is that implants become a permanent part of you and therefore bypass the natural evolution process by instantly giving someone senses and augmenting their body that would normally take many many generations to do naturally.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

You've not seen teens with cellphones huh?
They're a very integral part!

From your line of reasoning, we could look at tattoos. They are a permanent part of you and bypass the "natural evolution process" and have been around almost as long as mankind has been around. Have they changed or bypassed evolution in any way? They augment the body in ways that wouldn't be done naturally, they have an impact on the individual's life, they have not affected evolution and are not passed on to the offspring. Same situation.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

A car is very much a computer! Have you tried working on one lately?

A computer does what it is programmed to do. Any electronic machine capable of storing data of any form is a computer, the software is the key.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Cool article find, so thanks.

That said, I am rather disappointed we don't have psi-rats throwing packets of psychokinetic energy around labs and crushing their white coated tormentors.

Soon, though. They just have to find that alien thingy in one of their tunnels...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join