It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie cell created at the University of New Mexico!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Several times they say they can function.

Yes, it does say "function" and that is also misleading. By function, it does not mean the cell has any capacity to carry out any of the processes or movement associated with a living cell. The "function" these "zombie" cells accomplish is like that of a model, or for experimental purposes and research. Like a tool. Imagine studying the anatomy of a taxidermy horse; there are certain advantages over examining the real thing.

Also the process can be reversed.

Experiments showed the cell can be used as a reverse mold from which, at 900 degrees C, a porous carbonized structure results from heating cell protein in a vacuum.

share.sandia.gov...

Again FUNCTIONS

The structural and behavioral malleability of the starting material (cultured cells) provides opportunities to develop robust and economical biocomposites with programmed structures and functions.

www.pnas.org...
edit on 17-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Even if scientists were really creating something like this, who in their right mind would create such a dumba$$ thing? Why don't they create something that is.. oh... helpful/supportive to mankind!!?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Cells minus Protein equals skeleton cell, or in this case, Fossilized cell. Ergo Dead. Not living dead, not Zombies.

Well considering that cells in general by themselves or even in group are not technically considered alive the way we think of beings being alive. What they are considered as is either functional, or non functional. What these silica cells are is nonfunctional but can be used or down the line in the future can become fully functional cells used in all kinds of things or by themselfs. Either way there not zombie cells, and there not dead cells, there cells who's function is optimal in some areas but lacking in others, a work in progress I would say.

But yes why make nano machines from scratch when you can just use what is already out, all life is just biological nanomachines working in synch. Nano-machines already exist, just take what is already there and what took nature billions and billions of years to create and improve upon it, thats all these guys are doing messing with what is already there and seeing what else it can do if you add this or that, in this instance making synthetic cells out of bio cells, or at the very least modeling bio cells in more detail to better understand there functions.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by Hopechest
All zombie outbreaks start with the some kind of experiment with cells don't they?

I guess its a given now, better practice my shotgun skills.

In all the Zombie films i've seen, there seems to be one common Zombie fact...they can't swim.

Why do the survivors never seem to think it a good idea to get on a boat and find a smallish deserted island to live on until the Zombies starve?

Even a cruise liner in the middle of the ocean would be better than trying to survive in 'civilisation' wouldn't it?

If there was an actual zombie apocalypse lets just say that you would run out of food and starve to death on that cruise line ship in the middle of the ocean then the zombies would run out of food and die off. Technically there already dead anyways and don't need to eat to keep going, if they ran out of food-sources ie humans they could just be walking around for months just wasting away till they were nothing but skin and bones.

While you up in that ship in the ocean would die within a week or two after you ran out of food, or 3 to 4 days after you ran out of water. A deserted island would be much better, but only as long as you had all the things required to stay there for years and years. Now if there actually was some sort of synthetic zombies out there I don't think you would out-survive them even if you lived your whole life on that cruise ship or on a deserted island.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by georgeandrew

Those Mexicans

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Excuse me if someone already said this but didn't that Adolf guy try and do that

books.google.ca...=onepage&q=Hitler%27s%20Secret%20Experiments&f=false

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Someone probably already posted this, but I just searched this after listening to Coast to Coast with Jim Marrs, Feb 13.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Dead bodies are rising from their graves': Hackers break into TV station's emergency alert system to warn viewers of a zombie apocalypse live on air

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Someone probably already posted this, but I just searched this after listening to Coast to Coast with Jim Marrs, Feb 13.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Dead bodies are rising from their graves': Hackers break into TV station's emergency alert system to warn viewers of a zombie apocalypse live on air

And I thought people were waiting for the Resurrection of the dead with happiness not fear!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfamousJL3
Even if scientists were really creating something like this, who in their right mind would create such a dumba$$ thing? Why don't they create something that is.. oh... helpful/supportive to mankind!!?

I think these cells can function for wonderful purpose, maybe filtering sea water for clean water as an example. It has extreme value, it is NOT to make walking dead people.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yes and its still just as scary. It's not going to really keep me up at night because there isnt really anything that i can do about it, but it makes you wonder if they are showing this to us, what do they have that they dont want us to see. I say this all the time to my wife when im sleeping, and i think i applies to alot of things in life. "dont poke the bear".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join