It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart - "February Sales are a Total Disaster"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Excellent! Don’t shop there.

Now get out of our way while we shop there!

People are soooooo quick to demonize things that are successful. Why not live and let live? Why impose your ideals on others? If you don't want to patronize a certain place then don't, but don't give others grief if we disagree with you.

In this country we have Freedom of Speech to speak out against Corrupt Corporations, Greedy CEO's, and a Revolving Door that exists between Big Corporations, Banks and the Government. You want to see who is against Free Market Economics, then look no further than the people that run the above. Just like Walmart as well that have lobbyist's to tailor the market to their benefit.

The people speaking out against these entities are not only practicing Freedom of Speech, but also aiding in Free Market Economics by giving consumers reasons not to shop there. Of course, the ones that speak the loudest about free market economics are not really for it when they want to shut them up, or when they agree with corporations and banks cozzying up with the government to tailor the markets to their benefit.

They are also against Free Market Economics when they want to stifle people speaking out against how much a CEO like the Walmart family is making. It is the consumers business in a Free Market if they do not think the CEO is worth the pay based not only on the product he sells, but his policies as well that effect his workers as well as the country.

Right now, the consumer needs more power to have control over the markets, but when you have government and banks collaborating, and board members collaborating on policy and pay, the deck is stacked against the consumer. All the Chinese Junk in this country is not the fault of the consumer, but the foreign economic policies lobbied for by the Banksters and Walmarts of the country.

edit on 16-2-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
reply to post by purplemer

Forcing a huge percent of the population into bankruptcy is a good thing? Nice.

Sorry I do not understand your reply. I thought it was the banks that bankrupted the nation. Here in the UK we have the NHS. It has not bankrupted the country. It just means if you are sick you get fixed..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Maybe, just maybe, it has little to do with Obama and everything to do with Walk MaRt.

No its pretty much to do with the fact people dont have any money.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

Not entirely. At all. 10 years ago, nearly everybody I knew (including me) never hesitated going to Walmart first as the default place to buy crap. Now? About half the people I know either outright 100% boycott Walmart or they will use them as a last resort.

They are the reasons the small business owners lost their shops and the consumers changing their habits are the reasons I am seeing some new shops open around town. Maybe this doesn't happen everywhere in the US yet but, if my town is indicative of where consumer morality is heading, Walmart is in for a rude awakening.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

EVERYONE has a right to make millions. Everyone

The disparity between the rich and poor continues to grow. You think its correct that some people have billions or trillions whilst nations starve to death... Maybe you should start with a more basic right before ranting on that everyone has the right to make millions.. Try everybody has the right to eat...

What right do you consider more important.. The right to eat or the right to make money... I guess you may answer differently if you where on the receiving end of starvation.

Feel free to continue to defend the hoarding of wealth. Those bankers saw you coming. They do not even need to defend there actions. Looks like you are happy to do it for free...

Heck I dont know you might even be right. Lets just worry about the fact are shops are impoverished...Not the fact that nations starve.

Keep shopping everything is ok

edit on 16-2-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Proud to say I've never been inside of a Wal Mart.

... And am glad to hear they won't be able to afford their private jet upgrade this month.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

And you don't think it's possible that Wal Mart may need a convenient scape goat?

I don't know anyone IRL who shops at Wal Mart unless it's a last resort.

Wow, how rich are you man?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Yes, Penalizing people for not being able to afford Health care is really positive.

Yes and that is exactly why you need a proper health care system....Further I am not a liberal. Do not be fooled they all work for the same people....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
we should have started taking the pain years ago. we can't kick the can down the road anymore

it's either this or greece

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Opposite of rich, just happen to live in an area that praises local goods and shuns big creepy corporations.

I know, it sounds weird --- but places like this do still exist.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
WalMart will get one less Straight Talk customer next month (March 2013)
I understand that WalMart is the exclusive retailer for those monthly minutes cards

so they might as well chalk up another losing month of revenues...
i would guesstimate that Wal;-Mart has lost lots of formerly paying 'Straight-Talk' users to the freebee Obamaphone entitlement crowd

i am eligable to get one of those Øbama Phones, and i sent in my applications, proof of living on -135% of the $15k minimum limit and all the required paperwork on Friday the 15th

The plan i am getting will have: free phone, 125 minutes per month with remaining time carried forward and 1250 Texts per month...(i wonder if the gov't pays for replacement batteries or just gives you a new phone)

yep... i going to act just like the rest of them Lotus Eater voters that voted themselves a bunch of crappy perks by reelecting the guy...the middle class is doomed anyhow... no use doing the morally right thing by not jumping on the free-ride that will further expand the Federal Debt... FS or SNAP will be nest week... then seeing if i can get free internet access on top of it
edit on 16-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

So in one breath, you talk trash about people "taking handouts" and in the next, you talk about how you've just applied for one of these same handouts-- as a kind of protest against the freeloaders? Cause hey-- why shouldn't you get yours too? I wonder if all of your "logic" is this one-sided and faulty.

And that seems typical of the "higher class" members of our society (and the many wanabees).

Pro Tip: keep in mind that phone mics can be turned on at any time, remotely, and certain govt agencies have already admitted to using cellphones as "listening devices." Did you never wonder why the government was suddenly so nice to give out phones to the poor? I mean... they do stuff like that for poor folks all the time, right?

Enjoy use of your "listening device."

edit on 16-2-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The disparity between the rich and poor continues to grow. You think its correct that some people have billions or trillions whilst nations starve to death...

You think it’s selfish or greedy to want to keep money you’ve earned?

How ironic!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Earned..? Earning is when you work for your money. This is a pyramid scam. It is not earning it is theft... Will you still be defending the system when every last dollar and gold bar is sitting in a private offshore bank account and you nothing to eat apart from fresh air..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

TBH I hope the Waltons end up broke and begging the gov for welfare.

Wal Mart is the largest employer in the US, yet their employees hardly make it above the poverty line. Add the fact that they discriminate against women and carry sub standard copies of various products, along with an aggressive campaign of destroying small business and you have Wal Mart.

So I hope their sales continue to plummet.

On the note of payroll taxes, that sucks and the government are a bunch of thieves.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

The disparity between the rich and poor continues to grow. You think its correct that some people have billions or trillions whilst nations starve to death...

How ironic!

Absolutely greedy. You never earned any money on your own private planet. It is always more than just you involved, there were other people, employees, infrastructure, raw materials, etc. Nobody ever earns a dollar without taking something from someone else or from the planet. And you want to keep it all?

Walmart executives make many dozens of times more money per hour than their entry-level workers do. They could certainly afford to be more equitable, considering neither group makes ANY money without the other.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2013 by heyitsok because: double posted somehow

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Absolutely greedy. You never earned any money on your own private planet. It is always more than just you involved, there were other people, employees, infrastructure, raw materials, etc.

Where have I heard that??

If anybody was wondering what fountain of KoolAid you were drinking from, I think the cat is out of the bag now!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh please. Fountain of Kool-Aid? I don't listen to *any* politician, especially during campaign season. That's my fountain of Kool-Aid. Maybe if more people did the same, then I wouldn't be getting sarcastic ad-hominem responses to the common sense things I say.

edit on 16-2-2013 by heyitsok because: ETA: Hey, but I hope you get a bunch of stars Seabag, for making the plebes laugh. Congratulations, Mr. Intellect. You deserve all the little stars you get.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seabag let's be honest though.

Forget law and entitlement for a moment.

Do you think it's fair that a executive at Wal Mart makes 10 times the amount that the front line worker makes? That they deserve to receive millions in bonuses, when in reality, without those entry level workers, Wal Mart would be a shadow of what it is.

I agree that companies certainly have a right to do as they please with pay ( other than following the established labor laws) but I think we can agree that is a moral way to do business without sacrificing profit.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ATS is like a game show anymore. You all might as well be arguing over which survivor should be voted off the island. The kind of low-rent logic I see here makes me wish that most of you couldn't vote.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Maybe, just maybe, it has little to do with Obama and everything to do with Wal Mart

Maybe, just maybe, it has little to do with Walmart and everything to do with Obama.
None of those things you mentioned happened overnight.
This all happened in the past six weeks.
If it were because of goods from China or crappy goods in general, etc ..
then sales would have been through the floor before the past few weeks.

Something changed. And it's not Walmart.
They are the same low-end store they have always been.

So when congress did not extend a payroll tax cut it some how mean Obama did it? And it was cut, it is not like we were not paying it before we just got a break. And even blaiming Congress is silly because we all know Walmart has had a series of PR disasters plus added to competition from a revived K-mart, Target adding groceries and the biggest body blow the mass increase in Dollar stores that carry food. And Obama is also repsondible for the late tax return money that people run out to Walmart and buy HD TVs with? If you notice that they also mention how bad sales were in Jan. Is that Obama's fault to? And you know what Target had a terrible 4th Quarter, is that Obamas fault? What about JC Penny what did Obama do to them? Of course the heads of the company are going to blame everyone but themselves because they do not want to lose those million dollar pay checks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join