It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmarts Bullets and the obvious hate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I went to our local walmart and had to see if i could find some 22 lr's, and some 12 gauge shells. Of course they didnt have them and shelves were basically bare. While i am watching these 6-8 men getting 3 boxes a piece of what they had left, i couldnt help but listen to there conversation which quickly led to several others getting in on as well. Everyone was screw the Govt., we should unite and put an end to this, let em come and try to take my guns, etc. etc. It seems that this is getting ramped up more and more evry day. Is there a certain level in society where you just have to say heck with it, lets do this. Are we gonna explode out of our box that we are being ever more stuffed further into.? Is it what "THEY" want us to do? I mean young kids who normally wouldnt have much a political view were showing signs of pure hardcore hatred.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It is not so much hate as the average Walmart shopper at the bottom of the feed trough personally suspects things are not getting better for him. If you think otherwise, please detail your facts.

The only way they can "fight" the system is to be prepared for when the system wants more from them and more for itself than they want to give. Those days seem to be coming.

Remember this thought that just came to me: "Buying Bullets is the Poor Man's Gold".
edit on 16-2-2013 by Aliensun because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
People seem to be much more talk than action. At least that is what I see out in the world. The country will probably go down quietly.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yup. Extremism is always a good idea. History shows us that.

If you ignore everything that ever happened in history. I hope this does happen.

Should be great entertainment for the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Interesting, while I do believe that we are being herded to a confrontation, I also believe many will go down without a fight.
You see, many of these folks who whine and moan about politicians have never bothered to write their reps, yet alone even know their reps name!
If people are unwilling to do something easy, do you think they will do something hard?
Plus, how many of these people actually know who their target would be if they decided to revolt??
I would bet that many people out there do not have a "hit list".
If the US has a civil war, there must be a surgical list of people in order to keep casualties to a minimum.
And then after that, will we end up with a worse system than we had before??
I say go to war, but use your voice and your pen.
I would also use extreme caution around those who would have you use deadly force against the peoples of the US, they are almost always FBI plants.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What's funny about those guys is that they probably bought all the ammo they could to re-sell it. It's happening pretty bad here in AZ. I have only gotten lucky 1 time getting ammo from Wally-World. But you can find ammo all day in the classifieds for a huge mark up. People are gladly paying the high price because all ammo shelves are empty at the sporting goods stores and WM. I've even heard of people paying employees to call them when an ammo shipment comes in, so they can buy it up. They do have a sign saying 2 boxes of ammo per customer, but gratuity goes a long way with an underpaid WM employee, so that rule is mostly ignored.
It's funny to me because everyone is screaming about their rights, but they immediately jump in to make a buck off of their fellow gun owners that they want to unite with.
It's a darn shame and makes proud gun owners like myslef not want to band together with some of these scum bags who will screw you if it is in their favor.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's not just walmart it's everywhere around here at least. You cannot go out and find ammo for any popular calibers right now. It's not even hit or miss but miss. Last November I bought 555 rounds of .22 from walmart for 15.00, Winchester. Now that same box is running almost 30.00!!!! For stinkin .22 ammo. And I have even seen stores selling .223 for around 1.50 per round for the cheap crap brands. Price gouging at it's finest for sure. I am leaning to the us government buying up all this ammo recently for a reason to create a short supply for the general public and no one can convince me otherwise. I started a thread back in November about the Walmart ammo problems here as well. Now I see Walmart is crying bad sales numbers for the month of February, I have to laugh because if they stayed heavy in the guns and ammo they would be pulling a massive profit right now. Think about it Walmart has to have some of the best connections out of any gun retailer as far as purchasing ammo goes and even they cannot keep it in stock, raises flags for sure in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Everyone hates the government.

Last night after work I attended a mostly left-leaning event. The parking lot was loaded with Obama/Biden bumper stickers.

The whole evening was spent moving from group to group and each groups was railing against one federal department or the other, the FDA, the EPA, the DEA, the dept of ed, etc..

One woman in particular who I wont forget went on a rant about pointing her shotgun at federal inspectors.

And no solution short of completely dissolving them was ever proposed.

I wanted to go off shouting "why the hell did you vote for these people then!!!" but I thought it best not to upset a hall full of people.
edit on 16-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

And I have even seen stores selling .223 for around 1.50 per round for the cheap crap brands. Price gouging at it's finest for sure.

One man's "price gouging" is another man's 'supply and demand.'

The market dictates price.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
I went to our local walmart and had to see if i could find some 22 lr's, and some 12 gauge shells. Of course they didnt have them and shelves were basically bare. While i am watching these 6-8 men getting 3 boxes a piece of what they had left, i couldnt help but listen to there conversation which quickly led to several others getting in on as well. Everyone was screw the Govt., we should unite and put an end to this, let em come and try to take my guns, etc. etc. It seems that this is getting ramped up more and more evry day. Is there a certain level in society where you just have to say heck with it, lets do this. Are we gonna explode out of our box that we are being ever more stuffed further into.? Is it what "THEY" want us to do? I mean young kids who normally wouldnt have much a political view were showing signs of pure hardcore hatred.

I hear this exact same thing where I live in the Midwest too, and from many people one would not have expected years ago to have these sentiments. I sense it has more to do with people feeling they are being INTENTIONALLY squeezed by DICTATOR types who wish to FORCE their 'collectivist' totalitarian vision of how the world should be onto others who don't share their IMO delusions. I think the public will simply wait and sit and simmer and stew on it until it finally appears in their OWN backyard. Historically many won't react until they feel the squeeze PERSONALLY, as long as it's the 'other guy' they will simply wait and see. But the time seems fast approaching to me very soon it will no longer be just a problem for the so called other guy and once it hits home directly there may be a 100th monkey type reaction that very quickly escalates.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

And I have even seen stores selling .223 for around 1.50 per round for the cheap crap brands. Price gouging at it's finest for sure.

One man's "price gouging" is another man's 'supply and demand.'

The market dictates price.

You are correct in that statement, but like minded people should not be screwing eachother to make a buck. I guess the sky is green in my world, and I believe fellow gun owners should be helping eachother instead of taking advantage if they want to scream about uniting for gun rights.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

You are correct in that statement, but like minded people should not be screwing eachother to make a buck. I guess the sky is green in my world, and I believe fellow gun owners should be helping eachother instead of taking advantage if they want to scream about uniting for gun rights.

If you have that attitude, every form of business ever known to man could be looked at as “people screwing each other over to make a buck.” Without profit, businesses fail. If every store owner sold people things at their cost then how could they stay in business?? What do you think Walmart is doing?? Do you think there is no markup?

Everyone is free to do what these people are doing. Do you think this behavior is limited to guns and ammo? People buy a wide variety of items to flip for a profit (houses, cars, real estate, furniture, computers, toys, etc). Have you ever heard of craigslist or EBay?

There is nothing inappropriate about flipping things that are in high demand.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

I guess the sky is green in my world, and I believe fellow gun owners should be helping eachother instead of taking advantage if they want to scream about uniting for gun rights.

Maybe those “fellow gun owners” should have pulled their head out of their arse months and years ago and started stocking up on these items like others have.

If you’re looking for an AR15 or boxes of .223 at this stage in the game then you’ve been sleeping. When you’re late to the party you can expect to pay a premium price.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

am leaning to the us government buying up all this ammo recently for a reason to create a short supply for the general public...

I do believe that this is a possibility and one that should be carefully looked at and investigated, Certainly this angle will not be visited by many owned and kept presstitutes but citizen journalists and investigators and any professionals in the alt press hopefully will do the research to see just how much validity this has. Is a serous investigation of this being done here on ATS??? Could this be a defacto back door 'gun ban' ie. if you can't ban guns, then 'ban' ammo by making it unavailable?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

let em come and try to take my guns

That's a retard's reaction to all life's problems. Instead of being politically engaged and maybe creating a new party, and really fight for their rights, leveraging the civilized society that we are blessed to have, for the imbeciles it all boils down to the shootout at the OK corral.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
People love to talk. Nine times out of ten, if any of these blowhards had either the plan or the ability to actually go out and do something about what they love to complain about, they wouldn't be running around shooting off at the mouth at freaking Walmart of all places.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Businesses have the right to make profit and there is nothing wrong with that. Individuals taking advantage of individuals is wrong. Buying out ammo at retail prices which arent too bad and marking it up 50%-100% is BS. Luckily I have had my bug out ammo for a while now with no plans on using it, but I do need to occasionally buy ammo to hit the range. $20 for 20 rounds of Wolf .223 is just stupid. I never used that crap before and definately would not pay 3x's the retail.a
edit on 2/16/1313 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Businesses have the right to make profit and there is nothing wrong with that. Individuals taking advantage of individuals is wrong. Buying out ammo at retail prices which arent too bad and marking it up 50%-100% is BS.

It’s only BS because you are on the other side!

If you were smart enough (and had the means) to scoop up merchandise you KNEW was going to be in demand you’d be laughing all the way to the bank right now.

Have you ever heard the expression “Don’t hate the player – hate the game”?

Luckily I have had my bug out ammo for a while now with no plans on using it, but I do need to occasionally buy ammo to hit the range. $20 for 20 rounds of Wolf .223 is just stupid.

I hear ya! The prices have certainly changed my shooting habits. I won’t tap into my stash so I have cut back on shooting.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I really do understand and appreciate your point. What gets my goat is the people yelling that we stand together as gun owners, then pull that stuff. It's like saying if the Government isn't going to use lube on us, we're not going to use it on eachother as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

I really do understand and appreciate your point. What gets my goat is the people yelling that we stand together as gun owners, then pull that stuff. It's like saying if the Government isn't going to use lube on us, we're not going to use it on eachother as well.

People are standing in solidarity to protect the 2nd amendment and protect each other’s rights. That doesn’t change the fact that everyone also has needs and wants to make money to support their family (and maybe buy more preps).

I scooped up a bunch of magazines months ago, sold half of them last week, and basically paid NOTHING for the ½ that I kept. That’s just smart investing. I don’t begrudge people for doing the same. If you snooze you lose. That doesn’t mean I won’t be by your side if someone tries to take your guns.

I understand your disgust though....I do. I just happen to have been expecting and preparing for this eventuality for quite some time, so I don't feel too badly for people who didn't heed the warnings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join