Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Another Mass Fish Die-Off. (CANADA)

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Thousands of dead fish at Angrignon Park

Hello ATS. I was browsing RSOE, mainly for any more meteorite crashes and came upon this from Quebec, Canada:

Biological Hazard in Canada on Saturday, 16 February, 2013 at 05:01 (05:01 AM) UTC.
Base data
EDIS Number: BH-20130216-38221-CAN
Event type: Biological Hazard
Date/Time: Saturday, 16 February, 2013 at 05:01 (05:01 AM) UTC
Last update: ---
Cause of event:
Damage level: Unknown
Geographic information
Continent: North-America
County / State: Province of Quebec
Area: Angrignon Park
City: Angrignon
Coordinate: N 45° 26.671, W 73° 36.104
Number of affected people / Humanities loss
Foreign people: Affected is unknown.
Dead person(s): ---
Injured person(s): ---
Missing person(s): ---
Evacuated person(s): ---
Affected person(s): ---

Description
Thousands of fish, most of them dead, trapped in a small, shallow part of the lake at Angrignon park. How they got trapped, or died, remains a mystery, but people walking by are concerned. Tony Di Lorenzo brought the situation to CJAD's attention. He was out walking his dogs as he does everyday, when he came across all the dead fish in the small body of water. "It broke my heart to see this, so many suffering fish, that shouldn't be stuck in this small body of water," he says. The fish are of different sizes and several are dead lying on the snow. Nearby resident Shelly Vince was also surprised to come across this as she was walking her dog one day. "It's disgusting and sad," she says, "not a nice sight. In the twenty years I've been walking here, never have I seen this." The city is investigating.
Biohazard name: Mass. Die-off (fishes )
Biohazard level: 0/4 ---
Biohazard desc.: This does not included biological hazard category.
Symptoms:

RSOE EDIS
Is it something to be concerned about or is this common?

I will have a look about and see if there is any articles about this.

I have found this from cjad 800

It's a disturbing and frightening sight.

Thousands of fish, most of them dead, trapped in a small, shallow part of the lake at Angrignon park.

How they got trapped, or died, remains a mystery, but people walking by are concerned.

Tony Di Lorenzo brought the situation to CJAD's attention. He was out walking his dogs as he does everyday, when he came across all the dead fish in the small body of water.

"It broke my heart to see this, so many suffering fish, that shouldn't be stuck in this small body of water," he says.

The fish are of different sizes and several are dead lying on the snow.

Nearby resident Shelly Vince was also surprised to come across this as she was walking her dog one day.

"It's disgusting and sad," she says, "not a nice sight. In the twenty years I've been walking here, never have I seen this."

The city is investigating.

It pretty much says as much as RSOE does.

If you click the link it will take you to pictures and even a video of the fish. Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video??
The man in the video says he noticed them 5 days ago.

Anyone near there? I suppose I should've waited a bit before posting so all the Canadians are out of bed! :lol

UPDATE:

The city has sent inspectors to take water samples. Those results are expected within a week

From CTV Montreal News

There are numerous sites covering this now but seem to be regurgitating the same comments/description.

edit on 16/2/2013 by SilentE because: added update

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Mass die-offs have become a daily occurrence. Can't wait to hear the "official explanation" on this one.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

could be spring shock, I dont know if it was melting there but acidic snow can build up on the surface and when it melts it can alter the waters ph causing die offs like this, I dont know what the weather is like in that part of canada though,

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438
reply to post by SilentE

could be spring shock, I dont know if it was melting there but snow can build up on the surface and when it melts it can alter the waters ph causing die offs like this, I dont know what the weather is like in that part of canada though,

I didn't know about spring shock so thanks for bringing that up. It's possible but would it also explain them getting trapped in a small body of water?
I found this quickly about spring shock for anyone else who didn't know about it.

Acids from atmospheric pollution may be deposited to the environment through dry deposition (by acidic aerosols or gas-phase acids) or by wet deposition. Wet deposition includes acid rain, acid sleet, acid fog, and acid snow. In poorly buffered watersheds acid precipitation causes acidification. In many areas of the U.S. and Europe, year-round or chronic acidification has eradicated native fish species in lakes and streams (1, 2). Some streams that are not chronically acid may become acidic during the spring spawning season. This acute or episodic acidification (spring shock) can result in a decreased rate of sport fish hatching and reduced viability of the fry that do manage to hatch (3). One reason for the toxicity of acidification is the increased solubility of metals, especially aluminum, at low pH.
Source with a little bit more info.

You could be onto something here. I did a bit more searching and came up with this:

Acid rain is a problem in eastern Canada because many of the water and soil systems in this region lack natural alkalinity - such as a lime base - and therefore cannot neutralize acid naturally. Provinces that are part of the Canadian Precambrian Shield, like Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, are hardest hit because their water and soil systems cannot fight the damaging consequences of acid rain. In fact, more than half of Canada consists of susceptible hard rock (i.e., granite) areas that do not have the capacity to effectively neutralize acid rain. If the water and soil systems were more alkaline - as in parts of western Canada and southeastern Ontario - they could neutralize or "buffer" against acid rain naturally

Source

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Mass die-offs have become a daily occurrence. Can't wait to hear the "official explanation" on this one.

I agree that some of the official stories are complete BS. I also think some can have a rational explanation though.
It's up to us to figure out which one.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A large amount of fish in a small body of water, hmmm, perhaps the fish used up all the Oxygen in the water?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
A large amount of fish in a small body of water, hmmm, perhaps the fish used up all the Oxygen in the water?

Yes, that is definitely a possibility..
but how did they all get in the small body of water?

Forgive my ignorance, i'm no expert on fish.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There's another possibility for the die-off... percolating gasses. Montreal is in the middle of an active seismic area.

Whether it's a pre-cursor to seismic activity or not is anyone's guess, but the killing of all those fish made me think of the above immediately.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
There's another possibility for the die-off... percolating gasses. Montreal is in the middle of an active seismic area.

Whether it's a pre-cursor to seismic activity or not is anyone's guess, but the killing of all those fish made me think of the above immediately.

Percolating gases. That's something else i've learnt tonight, thanks.
Seems to be another likely cause.

edit on 16/2/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I would have to agree with you here that most of these die-offs, whether fish or bird, are most likely from gasses as I've previously written about in a thread. Methane and hydrogen sulfide plumes are probably the culprit because there is a significant rise in these plumes.

Here's a great article about dangerous levels of methane in the upper atmosphere and technology to destroy it.

Radio and Laser Frequency and Harmonic Test Ranges for the Lucy and HAARP Experiments and their Application to Atmospheric Methane Destruction

I think a lot of the phenomenon (from booms to die-offs and a lot more) have everything to do with these methane levels. The article states that we don't even know how much methane is in the upper levels of the atmosphere, as high as the mesosphere, because we can't test for it there.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is very much like the beginning of yr 2011, also with many birds being found dead, then the Fukushima tsunami happened, it was one trauma, after another.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

yes its become less of a problem due to attempts to remove so2 from the air but it can still happen

top topics

join