It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Dolphins clump together

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Re-read your comment.
What is the difference between
"Moving away from something bad"
and
"Moving towards something good"

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

If they have IQ higher than ours, it would not be stretching the
imagination to ponder why they have not learned the English language
thus far and promptly informed us how deep the ocean is in places.

Or by being higher in intelligence Quotient than humans,
and by virtue of that would know about our love for gold
and point us in the direction of sunken ships from the
era of gold dubloons.

Dolphins do not have a greater IQ than us,
well those of us above three standard deviations below the mid line.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Maybe they were afraid that the Asteroid was going to hit!!

Or they are preparing for War against the Oil Barons!!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Fascinating find! Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is the common dolphin population in the San Diego area? I couldn't find anything online specifically about that area... I ask because that could mean that many dolphins from much further way congregated in this super pod. If that's the case (which I think it might be), then I'm leaning towards this being a group moving towards a positive thing as TKDRL mentioned, because it wouldn't make sense for them to meet up and then swim away from an earthquake zone or whatever else. The other question to ask would be: which direction was the pod headed? Maybe the boat was far out enough that the pod was actually heading towards the shore... who knows.

I just can't believe this story only has one picture and a quote from the captain saying "you had to be there." I mean, even a guy in Russia filmed the surprise meteor WHILE DRIVING, but you're telling me a whole boat full of whale watchers, following this pod for hours (as the article said), weren't snapping photos left and right and filming the crap out of this never-before seen event??
edit on 16-2-2013 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by polarwarrior

Dolphins do not have a greater IQ than us,
well those of us above three standard deviations below the mid line.

Lol, Polarwarrior did not state they have a higher IQ then us. He stated they have a higher Social IQ, which is perfectly possible, and yes there are many forms of IQ those together form your standard IQ if you would want to call it that.

And by your comment it seems you can't fathom the possibility of something that outranks us as a human species. Language does not set the bar of intelligence.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by earthart

I'm a newbie and this is my first reply.
Why in this thread? Cause I know it's important.

First, I don't believe in the gathering of that many dolphins over a food frenzy. They would eat it all in a couple of hours.
An open house party is also kinda out... Mainly because of that available food problem.

It's definitely something else.

Earth magnetism anomaly?
Maybe, but really not convinced.
Really not...

I rather think that, as Earthart says, dolphins have a strong tendancy to help humans in need. So many stories prove that point.
Imagine 100 000 dolphins that wanna help, now...
They probably said to themselves: Humans know that we react to danger. Let's make sure they don't miss us, this time!
So, I think they are sending a message for those out of the water... Us.
Their message is very powerful.
We should listen very carefully!
We should never ignore nature's warnings.

Now, what the heck are they trying to save humans from?
That's the big question !

One thing that I'm sure is if I would live in California, that has that pending earthquake damocles sword over his head, I'll run to the mountains!

Sorry for my french.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

How is if different? Well swimming away from a swarm of angry pirhanas, and swimming towards a gathering of their favorite fish seems way different to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ok now when scifi book predictions start coming true all bets are off,
anyone make it down to central office to check demolition plans lately?
i was gonna go but i had to hit the grocery and work..... O.o

That does make me worry though for real, wildlife tends to react to
things before we can even tell something is up, gonna be keeping
my eyes peeled for sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Very interesting. I'm surprised, since it was a site-seeing tour, there's no video.
SnF tho. Keep your eyes, and minds, open.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
That's a lot of Dolphins. I'm no expert on them (although we used to "talk" to them over WQC-2, lol) but, I do know that they're pretty intelligent and they're social creatures. Is it possible they're moving away from a storm or earthquake? Cattle will all huddle up in a corner of the field before a storm, maybe it's something like that?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
watch out Sea World San Diego..the dolphins are coming for their peoples ^^

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Wasnt there a thread about the Chinese Navy searching for a UFO base under the sea near the coast of California?

Maybe the base has called their ancestors (the Dolphins) for a mass conference, to discuss what to do with the polluting and Earth destroying land Dolphins, with the fake flippers and hair.....

Thanks for all the tuna.......

That was off San Francisco. San Diego is about 10-11 hour drive south of san fran..
I did think the same thing though. Maybe the dolphins are going home hehe

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by NeoVain

Or this boat was in the right place at the right time to experience this? We always assume that it is "unprecedented" or "odd" because we have never experienced it but maybe for the dolphins, this is just another day in the their lives?

You don't seem to have any instincts.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
To understand this dolphin convention we must think like a dolphin. Okay new agers, this is a good time to sprout a third lobe in your brain and eeeeeekeeeekkkclickclickclick telepathy sound to the Pacific Ocean to figure out what they are doing.

Let me try. They say seismic activity. They say up north, California Oregon coast, there is some underwater volcano sprouting up, which is why they are down here. Oh that and the local killer whales are territorial for their lunch. Don't forget the seal migrations that come around, for an extra snack. There is green water (think deadly toxic) in the way in some other places (they visualize it like we would see smoke rising from buildings) so now they can't see the people on that land so well anymore.

Yes they do watch us.

Continuing: The shockwaves coming from Japan are interfering with their melons, so it's easier to hang around to get more focus from the pod and eat in warmer waters for now. Come April they'll branch out again.

Edit Update: I got the island stuff wrong. Not Japan. The tail of islands off Alaska.

Now do understand, I don't know what I just typed is true or not. For now, consider it entertainment, but you can check some of that. That underwater volcanic activity is strange, don't know where that came from.

The cool thing is that they don't need a passport to go south of the US border. There are more there.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Sandalphon because: oops it was Alaska. It was underwater, there is no English underwater.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting they are calling this a 'Rare' event, I worked on the West Coast of Canada for 10 years, and this was a sight I enjoyed EVERY year, in fact the porpoises jump out of the water 1 foot from our boats transom. The mainstream media is absolutely ridiculous, so full of shiite.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Im leaning towards the cause being SONAR at the moment.

Waiting for more info on location and direction of travel to see if they were moving towards shore or out to sea.

Thanks OP

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baguul
Interesting they are calling this a 'Rare' event, I worked on the West Coast of Canada for 10 years, and this was a sight I enjoyed EVERY year, in fact the porpoises jump out of the water 1 foot from our boats transom. The mainstream media is absolutely ridiculous, so full of shiite.

You see pods of 100000 dolphins every year??

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baguul

Well it is a rare event. Even according to west coast veteran whale researchers to see 150 of them so close here. A few porpoises jumping doesn't sound anything like the OP
bc.ctvnews.ca... overs-1.509803

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So if dolphins have a natural instinct to evade threats, and they're all showing up near San Diego...doesn't that mean that's the safest place to be right now?

Interesting post OP

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I checked google and it seems that large pods of dolphins numbering in the thousands are pretty common in that area.
I`m not saying the guy is lieing but I would like to see an aerial view of this "mega pod". I think he might be exaggerating the size of the pod, i`ve never met a fisherman or a boat captain who didn`t enjoy telling a tall tale.
He operates a sight seeing tour boat and a good tall tale like this could drum up lots of business for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join