It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object falling over Brisbane 12/02/2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I was on my way to work at about 6:15am and saw this in the sky. It was in the eastern part of the sky (from my POV) and travelling downwards towards the south. I live in Greenslopes which is about 7 k's east from Brisbane CBD.

I have attached some pics, can anyone make out what it is? I want to say UFO or meteor but I have no proof nor any explanation of what this was. I took one pic and have zoomed in twice.

What are your thoughts, ATS? I'd love to know what it was. It was making no sound but travelling pretty fast. Stepped out my front door and this was the first thing I saw as I'm always looking at the sky! (Shielding my eyes from the sun!)

Original

Zoomed once with iPhone

Zoomed in again with iPhone

I'm just curious! Did anyone in the Brisbane / Queensland region see this early on the 12/02/2013??

Cheers : )

edit on 16-2-2013 by samuel1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It's a jet plane leaving a contrail.
www.aerospaceweb.org...

It was in the eastern part of the sky (from my POV) and travelling downwards towards the west.

That doesn't make much sense. If it was in the east, how could it move "downwards" toward the west?
edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

This is fast:

I agree with Phage, it looks like a contrail

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It was descending towards the south!!

Weird! I've never seen contrails in Brisbane before!

Edit to add- the sun rises in the east (you can see the sun) and it was travelling downwards south. I realise my mistake now....!

I live under the Brisbane airport fly zone. I never ever see these though!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If you didn't know this was a contrail, I bet your days are exciting

We get them all the time where I live, I have people on my Facebook who daily upload pictures saying "they're spraying us again" ..Its a major face palm moment

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

It was descending towards the south!!

That's a trick of perspective. As the jet is flying away from you (in level flight) it appears to descend but it is just getting closer to the horizon.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I understand that but I've never, not once, seen one in Brisbane. It's such a hot and humid place!
Seen them down south in Melbourne but not here!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Really? Because it sure looked to be going south (and kept going that way) for a while? : /

Any images or links you can back that up with? I saw it with my own eyes.....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Well, I don't know what to say about that.
www.google.com...

You won't see many there because you don't get a lot of high altitude over flights but they do happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I understand that but what they are all referring to is the same thing I captured in the sky- it was simply an aircraft writing in the sky. It wasn't 'contrails' of any aircraft- they flew around a created patterns on purpose.

Here an image I took and put on IG-

This was the afternoon of December 4th last year. Other then intentional contrails- we do not have them here.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

they flew around a created patterns on purpose.
Well they flew around "on purpose" but not to create patterns and they were contrails.

Aircraft holding patterns visible when weather change shows jet contrails
www.news.com.au...

we do not have them here.
Yes you do. Not often, but you do.
www.jetspotter.com...

I rarely see them here myself.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I've tried googling to no avail- do you know any website I can look at that will tell me what type of aircraft it was the flew over and created that then?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

No.
But you might look for flights from southeast Asia (Hong Kong maybe) to Auckland that would be passing over you at about that time. Or maybe Sydney.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Contrails form very high, as Brisbane is not on any flight paths but rather a destination, you dont see them often.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

If you could be more specific as to what time you saw this? Around 06:15 isnt specific enough for me to nail it down 100% but im 95% sure it was an Airbus A320 operated by Jet Star VH-EBS "JST 12" Tokyo to the Gold Coast. Which explains the overflight of Brisbane and this flight operated at 41 000 feet compared to 39 000 ft of other over flights during the same time period. Which to me indicates why there was only one contrail. And yes Samuel IT IS a contrail!

As for your "intentional contrails" on the 4th of December 2012, there is loads of pictures taken at the same time of the same thing, which on many sites 'eg Reddit' exploded with theories. But noone enjoys having their bubble burst when it was pointed out that it was nothing more than 2 aircraft inbound to Brisbane in different holding patterns. It just happened to be perfect weather conditions and a setting sun made for some beautiful trails!

As far as never seeing a contrail in Brisbane.... hahaha hahahaha hahahaha dude heres a tip, every single day at say 0900 and 1500 keep your eyes peeled in an east-west orientation but you need to be looking very very closely, as the Auckland to Singapore flights (daily) transit over Brisbane at about 45 000 ft. You wont hear them, nor generally see them, but when conditions are right you will see their contrails. Another thing i should mention is Brisbane is a very busy airport and getting busier, its pretty simple to understand the flight paths, however the majority of contrails over Brisbane on a North South heading is flights from say Cairns to Sydney. East West is New Zealand to the rest of the world. And obviously vice versa.

So there we have it.... Contrail ta da!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
reply to post by Phage

I've tried googling to no avail- do you know any website I can look at that will tell me what type of aircraft it was the flew over and created that then?

I certainly do know of such a site but i wont link it here. You will have to take my word for it that it was an A320 unless u give me a different time to check for.

Surely google threw suggestions like flightaware.com at you? And as pointed out by Phage, Brisbane is infact in the flight path for NZ-Asia flights.

Ps much humbled and honoured to be in your presence Phage!

top topics

join