It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball, South Australia 12th Feburary 2013.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
With all the different threads about meteoroids all over the place this week I want to add my own sighting from earlier this week.

It was on tuesday night at 11pm and I was just leaving a mates place. He lives in a small township just south of Adelaide, South Australia. We were standing out the front having a smoke as I don't smoke in my car. I noticed a shooting star that faded rapidly to the southern part of the sky. A minit or two later as I walked up to my car, I heard a crackling sound and as I looked up there was a fireball comming in at a steep angle.

It was bathed in a blue flame with a bright red outer flame that left a classic fire tail, kind of like a bunsen burner. I noticed only a short smoke trail but it was pretty dark. It would have come down 1-2 kms away I'd say but again it was hard to judge the distance. The sighting only lasted for about 3 seconds before it disappeared from view behind some close trees.

I did'nt think much of it as I have seen a couple before, but after seeing all of the other threads I'm guessing that the Earth is passing though debris of some kind. Was it a meteor field with the main body of it hitting Russia the other day?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I too live in a small town just south of adelaide.Do you reckon it hit earth and could you ascertain roughly where?It might not be that hard to find.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It looked like it came down over Old Noarlunga from where I was standing.
It was close enough for me to hear it first.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
It looked like it came down over Old Noarlunga from where I was standing.
It was close enough for me to hear it first.

Mate, thos things are worth money, I would try and find it if I were you. I wish I had seen one.

new topics

top topics

join