It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depictions Of Alien Greys - Never in Science Fiction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Originally posted by Harte
The Gray Alien entered our culture after the so-called "abduction" of Betty and Barney Hill:

Thing is, while the Hills abduction might have been the first instance of the 'Greys' to pop up in modern culture id have to say it was Whitley Striebers release of his abduction accounts and the cover of the book about them 'Communion' that pretty much brought the 'Grey' into the front of popular culture.

I was a kid around that period of time and its impact birthed pretty much everything that came after about aliens from 87 and onward during the 90's. I mean before 'Communion' pretty much the majority of people had no real idea or even interest in UFO's and aliens on the whole outside of the UFO field itself... then you had UFO Cover-Up live a year latter with its depiction of a Grey and I think from then on it was pretty much ingrained in the modern mind.

Id even say the Hills encounter wasnt really the first of the greys, since im sure ive read of a few accounts of very similar beings being seen earlier than 1961. Granted I could be wrong since i tend not to retain dates well for things like that, that I read, id have to look them up again to be certain.

Not saying the Hills case didnt have some social impact, its just that it didnt have much past its initial burst of attention and then it all died away in the greater public's eye.
edit on 17-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I forget the name of the movie.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by Amanda5

I hope you remember, cuz I need to watch it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think ultraman looks like a gray

Ultraman
edit on 17-2-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Originally posted by cconn487
Not only did humans discover ET life, but that life form looks exactly like our made up depictions of what spacemen would look like from around the middle of the last century. Let alone artwork from long lost civilizations that eerily look similar.

The chances of finding ET life is astronomical. The chances those same ET look exactly as we believe them to be would be next to impossible.

Cough.. this picture (which I happen to think looks a bit like a grey) is rather older than the last century. It is quite a novel coincidence, I agree.

These pictures are taken from this natural sequence of numbers:

Now you might ask - why did TV and movies settle on an image of an alien which looks quite a lot like a fundamental mathematical object?

not really sure what you are getting at. Looks Moore like a computerized ink blot test or a video game from the 80s

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
I think ultraman looks like a gray

Ultraman
edit on 17-2-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Could be... as you know, in a super jet he comes from a billion miles away - from a distant planet land comes our hero Ultraman.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I always thought the musician guys in the cantina scene in the New Hope looked like grey aliens.

Originally posted by Amanda5
My point or rather my observation is that I have never seen a character on a science fiction movie or television show that looks like a Grey Alien. Is it just me

It could be you. What if you were abducted and they have blocked out all grey-related imagery from then on?
Just kidding. Or maybe not.
edit on 17/2/2013 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

Err Id have thought the Duros pilots in the same scene (not in your vid) where more grey like than the Bith musicians.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowcast

I was under the impression that images of grays have been around a lot longer than Crowly

Grays in ancient times..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

I think, I just posted the same image lol

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

What I want to call my experiences, If that is indeed what they where then no . Some close but nothing that look like them & I've seen what I think where two different types & looked completely different from one another , yet shaped similarly if that makes sense .

I don't know if it had something to do with what we might relate to a race difference or an age difference but one set looked more mechanical & larger while the smaller set looked more humanoid.
John

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

illuminutti.com...

What you’re looking at is a vase containing some lotus blossoms (a plant) with a bud on each side.

edit on 7-5-2013 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Tried (hopelessly) to fix image tag

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by Amanda5

I hope you remember, cuz I need to watch it.

I'm not sure of the name of the movie but I found this.
Italian Vogue "Roswell"

edit on 7-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Awesome! I'll have to find more pictures that strengthens my observation lol

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Hi Amanda5,
I have been interested in the "Rise of the Grey" and have noted that elements of it are in SCI-fi film and TV. The earliest being the Mekon in the UK comic The Eagle in the 1950s hero - Dan Dare. Also, Speilberg said in an interview prior to the release of CE3K that he based the aliens (who are prototype Greys) on an amalgamation of the most consistent features in sightings of aliens. Also the elongated eyes have appeared in an old Twilight Zone episode from the 1960s.

I think - but may be wrong, that the Grey was never reported before CE3K.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

not really sure what you are getting at. Looks Moore like a computerized ink blot test or a video game from the 80s

I'm getting at something close to what you suggest. In this inkblot test I see something with two almond shaped eyes, nose, forehead, small mouth. To me (and some others) it looks like an 8-bit video game rendering of a grey (assuming we mentally edit out some of the 'noise').
edit on 12-6-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Partially related and perhaps of interest is the remote viewer who "saw" that some ET's were planting script ideas into the head of a prominent TV sci-fi series writer (producer ? Didn't specify a name) whilst they were asleep.

Puts a different spin on the fiction / fact thing and likelihood of convergence between image / reality.

From memory Courtney Brown in the book Cosmic Voyages, although I could be mistaken and for the record not that I call this evidence of anything.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If there are any doctor who fans here, the doctor visited area 51 in 1994 and met two greys.
It's an animated special called dreamland.
Saves the greys from the army and as another alien race.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Greys have been around since the fifties at least. Watch earth vs the flying saucers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join