It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would anyone notice if the rapture happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by cody599

Stepping outside the box is uncomfortable at first but peace comes with truth

Not always. Peace comes with acceptance, not truth. And acceptance is a lot harder than it sounds.

Truth and love is the answer
Acceptance is unacceptable

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
There is some book series and a movie about being left behind after the rapture. I was talking to the lead preacher today, the brat and I had a thought and called him about it. We had been talking about the state of the church (body of believers). The bible says that many will come to Jesus calling his name and he will tell him that he never knew them. That is not a condemnation of Atheists, that is his response to many people who think they are christians and are not because they give no fruit and have no love in their hearts.

Lets try this. Lets say there was a deadly pandemic that came through killing believers and non-believers; but, it only killed believers who actually bore the right fruit. There would still be followers of Benny Hinn around, there would still be many people who call themselves christians and do not love others as they love themselves. I have a Question for Christians and Non-Believers.

For Christians, how would you know that the rapture happened? Would the fact that many were still here and still calling themselves christians make you believe the rapture had not happened? How would you know that all the true faithful had all left? Your church would have plenty of members left according to the bible and what Jesus said.

For Non-Christians, how would you know if the Rapture happened? Can you tell who is a Christian and who calls themselves christians and are not, do you lump us all together? Do you care who really is a follower of Jesus's principles and who is not, can you separate the hypocrites from the spiritual vermin? If you cannot then you would miss it too.

We have seen an increase in earthquakes, we have seen an increase in volcanic activity, we have seen an increase in wars, we have seen a bee die off (that means we will see more famines), we have seen a great falling away from the church, we have seen an increase in communication and travel, all things that were predicted in the New Testament. Now here is the real question, what prediction in the bible would you have to see to know that we are truly in the end times? Not, morons like Camping predicting the end of the world, is there anything that the bible predicted that if it happened you would believe we are in the end times? If everyone was required to accept an invisible tattoo in order to buy or sell, would that impress you? Is there anything that could convince you that we were in the end times? We have been so polluted by false prophets and false prophesies, how would you even know if Revelations was true anymore? Have a great weekend.

Great questions to ask.... Personally, I want to be a part of the end times. I think we're all going to know it's the end times.

The only reason I want to be a part of the end times is to help as much people as possible because the end times may be the last chance for us to prove ourselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Truth and love is the answer
Acceptance is unacceptable

If acceptance is unacceptable, then truth and love can never be accepted for acceptance of such things in itself is unacceptable...according to your statement. Please don't pretend to be a rhetorical expert if you don't know what you're talking about. I say this to spare your reputation as a contributor to ATS.
edit on 16-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Truth and love don't need acceptance
They just are, all you need is realization

E.G. 5+5 has always equaled 10
It always has, even before the question was asked, it wasn't acceptance that brought the answer. It was realization

edit on 16-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

Acceptance of that realization is just that, Acceptance.
What about if you count in base 3 ? Same question different answer, and yet both correct.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I doubt it. If .007% of the population disappeared worldwide at once, it would seem like any other day.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To answer the question. Yes it will be noticed. Why? Well after some study I determined the rapture is part of the events of the 6th seal of Revelation. If you don't believe me go read it.

Revelation 6
Revelation 7

And donit forget this from Matthew 24.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

And then ask the question. Where did all the people come from in Rev. 7? If you can't answer that don't even bother to try to refute this. It's quite clear the rapture is part of the events of the 6th seal of Revelation.

So yes they will notice when it happens.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shefskitchen

Dear shefskitchen,

Well put and to the point, the people left behind would not notice.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

There would be rapture signs everywhere. Here is a perfect example.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Snsoc

Dear Snsoc,

You did not answer my question and I did not say I believed in the rapture. I asked if it was real and happened, how would you know?

Here's my answer to your question: You would know, because it will happen at the time of Christ's return (which "every eye" shall see.) Christ gathers the believers, living and dead, gives them thier glorified bodies. I assume that these bodies will be visible to the human eye. So when you see a bunch of people wearing white and floating in the sky above Jerusalem, you'll know.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Where did they come from? They are the people who died during the persecutions in Revelations 6. They are martyrs, they go straight to Heaven when they die. There is no need to "rapture" them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Dear WeRpeons,

The spirit might rise; but, the body might stay behind.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Dearcody599,

Again, funny how nobody wanted to answer what I asked. How would you know if it was true, that is the question.

The Rapture happened, the people intended for were "TOO DENSE" to ascend frequency wise or were probably in church and missed it.
edit on 17-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join