It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here in Australia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is for fun. Just a few observations, a lot more could be added.

Here in Australia

Look at me , fine and fancy free
In my mercedes glee
As i pull up at the charity
Things are not what they appear to be

Here in Australia

Forking out most our net
Only for a place to let
Sitting in the loungeroom we sweat
Smart meters know whats best
Along with the carbon tax
And all the rest

Here in Australia

Our Gina Rinehart
Sits on our big heart
Playing her dollar part

Here in Australia

Home in the lucky country
Where's the jobs for you , for me
Oh that's right , if your a refugee
You can get a debt degree
It's a lucky country
Don't you know educations free

Here in Australia

Just for fun 1%

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm a born and bread Aussie.
Nothing you have written here resonates with me.

You sound like a racist pig.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Lol , one very important relationship in my life was with an indigenous person ,Kangeroo taste's really good when cooked properly. Also another friend for over thirty years is indian. That part about refugee is because i recently tried to get some fruit picking work and was told the gov said the work was for reugees only ok so dont get upset 1%
edit on 15-2-2013 by my1percent because: no reason

edit on 16-2-2013 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here in Arizona
We have alot of guns
Legal marijuana
We bake under the sun
....and thats all I have to say about Arizona

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent

Lol , one very important relationship in my life was with an indigenous person ,Kangeroo taste's really good when cooked properly. Also another friend for over thirty years is indian. That part about refugee is because i recently tried to get some fruit picking work and was told the gov said the work was for reugees only ok so dont get upset 1%
edit on 15-2-2013 by my1percent because: no reason

One of my best girl friends is indigenous, I love a good roo steak haha and my job entails working with people from all cultures.

Sorry to snap regarding the refugee part- I hear where you are coming from.
Just took me by surprise I guess.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

That's ok
. The kangaroo meal i had was roast leg of roo, hung in the tree, and carve as needed, in white bread with tomato sause. The older lady who made the sandwich for me also gave me vegemite on toast for breaky next morning.
I was hitchiking out of Alice Springs with my gituar ( not the one in the avatar) and along came a beat up old EH Holden loaded with people asked if i wanted a ride as they were only going to their land rights camp. I said yes and hence roo sangas . I played my gituar for them that night around the campfire. They dropped me back to the highway in the morning.

I don't own a merc either but it was a story i heard recently .Poeple who look to have it all may really be struggling and if TSHTF then it will be harder for some.

cheers 1%

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

We have about one and a half of those things.

But i only really want one

1%

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

sunshine or guns?

edit on 16-2-2013 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by samuel1990

Pretty sure the part about refugees wasn't meant to sound like endorsement, definitely irony.

Good stuff 1%, I'm a born and bred Aussie and everything you wrote here resonates with me. This country needs a shake up!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Your KILLING ME 1%! LOL!

Now try singing it to a Hip Hop Beat with a Computer Sample of Music pulled from that REALLY BAD AUSSIE BAND....that had that old MTV Video of them standing on a Range Rover that was flying throuth the desert at night while the singer I believe stood on the vehicles roof saying....The Time Has Come...to say Fairs Fair...

After seeing that Video and hearing that stupid song about a Million Times I was willing to buy back Austraila and give it to the damn Aboriginies MYSELF!

ANYTHING!....Just to get that Damn song off the airwaves!!!!!!

OUR BEDS ARE BURNEN!!! BURNEN!!!! GAYV AEYT BAYIIEK!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanks Split and also thanks samuel1990
You mean, Peter Garrett, and the band Midnight Oil .

Peter Garrett is a polly over here now , how ironic.
He's also a crazy dancer.
I an having fun with the words and see what comes.

What did that last line mean.

1%

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

That's Aussie for Give it Back!

Common! Your supposed to know that!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I know this band that plays this song about Massachusetts Night Life and since I know Australia I thin it applies to you guy's fairly well.

The song goes.....sing this in Monotone...very quickly and stop for a shot time maybe a tenth of a second after the last word. Imagine a guy playing a guitar in a rapid Metal style of the same cord quickly over and over again only to stop for a tenth of a second after the last word listed is sung just like the vocals.

Well....he we go...the NEW Aussie Anthem....

DRINK AND DRINK AND DRINK AND DRINK AND DRINK AND DRINK AND FIGHT!
2 X MORE

OH OHHH OHHH OHHH OHHH OHHH OHHH OHHHHAAAA!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Split, sorry had to do something for a minute or two.

Hole in the ground

Tell me more

Go on

Monotone eh , i have no idea how to put words to music esp since i only know
a few chords and basic twelve bar progressions .
Years ago i used to know a few songs but i've forgotten them.

That drink minus the fight , reminds me of that other song, drink drink drink
you love to fight. Are you loaded with mars/ aires energy . cheers 1%

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Uhhh...Hole in the ground?

Rabbit or Golf?

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well answering your question

Go on !!

Is something aussie farmers say
for encourgement.
Have you heard that one before? 1%
edit on 16-2-2013 by my1percent because: to add

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No I haven't heard that one as I guess I have not had much experience in the way of talking with...at least to my knowledge...Aussie Farmers as my travels down under have targeted the places where there would be a concert hall or outdoor stadium.

So you are a farmer? If so what do you grow?

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

No i am not a farmer, I dabbled in horse breeding for a little while and have lived rural 80% of my life so far.
Go on !! is something said at story telling time
1%

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I have a Organic Garden in by back yard that is fairly large. I grow...with the help of my grounds keeper Fernando...various types of Tomatos, all sorts of Peppers, Green and Yellow Beans, Large Flat Italian Green Beans, Long Pole Green Beans which I have grow up a 12 Wooden Two by Two's arranged into a Teepee which is a big hit with any kids that come over as I cut a hole in the bottom Bean growth to form a door and they play Cowboy's and Indian's.

I also....one sec...

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Continued.....I also grow Summer and Zuchini squash, Winter squash, 2 types of Water Mellon, Ochra...which is a Pod that grows off a tall stock and is a main ingredient in JUMBALYA.

We have just about every lettuse you can think of and I am big on a Fresh Picked head of Romaine which I use in a Ceasar Salad. Funny but the last time I was in Australia I prepared a Ceasar Salad from scratch using a head of Romaine washed, dryed and cut into 3X3 inch squares along with sliced black olives, Ceasar Crutons and I made the Ceasar Dressing from scratch as when my band tours the big thing on the bus is Fresh Made Ceasar Salad topped with Grilled Chicken Breast or Grilled VERY LIGHTLY...REAL AHI TUNA marinaded with soy, sesame oil, minced fresh garlic, lime juice and ginger.

The Ceasar Dressing is made by cracking an egg into an OAK bowl then using a wisk or in my case a large fork in order to mash the fresh minced garlic placed in earlier against the oak bowl to obtain the oils. The fork keeps on wisking as X-Tra Virgin Olive Oil is slowly drizzled in with the egg and as the fork continues to wisk oil into raw egg...a mayonaise begins to form. Added to this is Parmisiano Reggiano...the very best Parm Cheese on Planet Earth...as well as prior to wisking I put into the oak bowl a teaspoon of Dijon Mustardas well I mash fresh garlic and either whole anchovies or if on the Bus...Anchovie paste....as this dressing begins to become a thick mayonaise like substance I add some fresh squeezed lemon juice. I do it then as to get a better handle on how acidic I want it. Also a good amount of fresh ground Black Pepper as well as a pinch od Sea Salt.

It is important to use only Fresh Romaine that has been washed to rehydrate the leaves as well as make certain to dry the leaves before adding the dressing. If the leaves are not dry all this work will be not enough to make up for leaves that will not allow dressing to attach itself to as this changes both texture and taste.

I place the Cut Romaine Leaves into the Oak Bowl adding also now dry sliced Black Olives...pitted and preferably Californian...a good amount of Ceasar Crutons which I buy because it's easier and they consist of both Rye and Pumpernickle Breads...and toss being sure to coat the romaine leaves completely. Then I add some freshly grated Parmisian cheese to top it as well as a bit of Sea Salt and more Fresh Ground Black Pepper. Then atop it I add either the Chicken or the Ahi Tuna and top it with a bit more Cheese and Pepper.

This is an AUTHENTIC AMERICAN DISH and although it is available all over the world...as well as uses Italian Parmisian Cheese...it is still ALL AMERICAN and besides...we Americans don't bust the chops of the Italians by telling them and everyone else that TOMATOES are native only to the Americas and Italy had to wait until the seeds were brought back to Europe and Italy after the discovery of the New World.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join