It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright fireball seen over Bay Area skies. Reports from peninsula, Fairfield, and Santa Clara.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not unless it is a real darn big debris field. Haha. When I mentioned the debris field I was buying into hype a little bit. I read and saw a pic of "fireball".
I was thinking that if we are getting more "big" ones on the very same day that they've GOT to be related somehow. But in the video posted earlier, this one appears to be pretty small.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Phage

Not unless it is a real darn big debris field. Haha. When I mentioned the debris field I was buying into hype a little bit. I read and saw a pic of "fireball".
I was thinking that if we are getting more "big" ones on the very same day that they've GOT to be related somehow. But in the video posted earlier, this one appears to be pretty small.

The way I see this is similar to when an airliner makes an emergency landing and makes the news. All of a sudden we get 15 reports of "emergency landings" being reported; when if fact, diversions, emergency landings, etc happen at a greater rate but it is news and it has peoples' attentions at the moment. We are a drive-by society in the saddest respect.

Nonetheless, it is cool that people are looking upwards more often because of the Russian and fly-by encounter.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Just taking a break from digging a bunker in my backyard to check this thread. And I'm starting think that Bay area, meteor did look pretty common. And that dried Caliche out there isn't giving much at all. Hope the wife isn't to upset about her Sega palm. I'm go'in to bed.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Just taking a break from digging a bunker in my backyard to check this thread. And I'm starting think that Bay area, meteor did look pretty common. And that dried Caliche out there isn't giving much at all. Hope the wife isn't to upset about her Sega palm. I'm go'in to bed.

Caliche....New Mexico? I hated that stuff...deeply and I rarely hate anything. I am not saying it isn't common, but from the looks of it, I have seen them in New Mexico during the Pleiades and it is such a marvelous site to the backdrop of the Milky Way. I miss clear dark skies.....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The end is nigh, I tell ya!!

We aren't out of the woods yet! Lots of other, totally unrelated crap going on right now that points to this FACT.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The planet Earth will never be out of the woods.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Caliche

I think he's talking about a kind of pheasant or chicken or something.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JayinAR

The planet Earth will never be out of the woods.

Or at least until this phase of media orgasm has passed it will be; to the mundane public that only cares what they see on television.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is true.
One of these days we doom mongers will be right.

Oh joy!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Caliche

Nah its this horrible mineral deposit found typically in desert areas that invades the water-tables. It makes water extremely "hard" and you have limescale buildup like no tomorrow.

Of course, if you were being facetious, I am in stitches....pheasant!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Facetious. Yeah. That's it.

There actually is an exotic pheasant with a name something like that though.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Stay classy, ya'll.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I read someplace that all these sightings (Russia, Cuba, California .....) are meteors going south to north while da14 was going from the north to south. This means that this group of meteors are not connected in any way with the da14 one.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

And not much reason to think they are connected with each other.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Totally unrelated to the Russian incident I saw last night close to the biggest meteor that I have ever seen in my life and I live in Washington state. Then tonight I saw another one that was very large to even what would be the typical big one during a meteor shower. This I find interesting with all that is going on.....

I'm not scanning the skies either... My view on my front deck is rather limited to what is basically around the Orion's belt, small dipper and moon, so I'm not sure what other big objects might have been in the rest of the skies in my neck of the woods, but I do spend a good amount of time looking at the skies, and plan viewings with my kids during meteor showers and I must say in the last two day it has been extremely unusual.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I find this so amusing...here we have a multitude of reports in a 24 hour period, including one of the most spectacular any of us have seen in our life times...and despite the fact that no scientist picked up on the Russian meteorite and the fact that asteroids can have debris fields and can orbit each other (maybe with different trajectories?
)... we should all just discount our observations and the outrageous coincidence of it all because some scientists (who didn't see one of them coming) and random strangers on the internet tell us to.

What are the chances that, while we are watching one rare enough event from a distance, another one actually impacts us in such a phenomenal way...but they're totally unrelated?

Apparently 100%.

edit on 2/16/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
To whom this may concern. This meteor was traveling west.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Apparently 100%.

Pretty close. When you consider directions and timing.
Did you notice the post earlier. The one listing 233 fireball events in the last month, mostly in the US alone?
They aren't as unusual as you seem to think. Yes the one in Russia was, but not the one seen in California. Not the one in the southeast.

The Russian event happened 16 hours before the close approach of DA14. The meteor came from the opposite side of Earth. Do you really think it was associated with it? Orbiting it? At a distance of more than 400,000 km? No. Orbital mechanics say no, it could not maintain such an orbit while orbiting the Sun between the Earth and Venus.

Traveling with it? How does that work when they approach from totally different directions?

edit on 2/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You.........are.........a very sick man Phage.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I wish I was.

I swear there is an exotic pheasant with a name something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join