It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor fireball over Japan -same day as DA14 perigee- captured in Sukurajima volcano footage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

At 1 min in, coming from our right into center field of video, a fiery ball falling out of the atmosphere

Is it the same Russia meteorite, or a different one? How many were they And are they related to DA14's history proximity on Feb 16(for them in Japan)?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wow ! Cool find! ...but it was daylight in Russia so it could be the same one? Time difference ?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yeah my bad, looks like its the night after the meteor(s) that struck the Russians...

So its like a big meteor shower instead of little/meteorite shower or something.

Wonder if there was a separate Japan impact then, and how many tons this one was, cause it looks alot bigger than a shootin star!

Looks like theres more footage of Japan fireballs, earlier than 2/16 though:

edit on 15-2-2013 by tropic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Still a cool find! .....but it did look like an impact on your video in Japan...something close to there, like the ocean.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Our news just had a scientist on talking about the meteorites.

The way he worded it was that "we're in a shooting gallery".
He was excited about the science involving space stuff, but he clearly wasn't on tv to reassure us that we're safe from anything.
He said they can see all the big stuff out there, but it's the little ones we have to worry about.
There seem to be a lot of little ones...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Interesting. Right after I saw this thread, this came over breaking news feed. No details yet.

Bright fireball reported in skies over San Francisco Bay Area - @nbcbayarea 7 mins ago by editor

www.breakingnews.com... isco-bay-area-nbcba

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Our news just had a scientist on talking about the meteorites.

The way he worded it was that "we're in a shooting gallery"....
There seem to be a lot of little ones...

Originally posted by Maluhia
Interesting. Right after I saw this thread, this came over breaking news feed. No details yet.

Bright fireball reported in skies over San Francisco Bay Area - @nbcbayarea 7 mins ago by editor

www.breakingnews.com... isco-bay-area-nbcba

Chills...
edit on 15-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Looks like a plane going in to the distance.

Like all the other Sukurajima UFO videos.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

The Youtube link doesn't work, anyone else have this problem?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yeah I posted this in the Russia meteor forum. It wasn't noticed because differentiating the difference between meteorite and asteroid was more relavent.

When you see a substantial meteorite over Cuba and one over Russia that knocked people on their ass. One over Japan and a Texas fly by.....

I did my math, added my 1's and 0's and calculated ain't no way these are all connected.

edit on 16-2-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Here is the San Fran Bay Area:

NOT related.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I did my math, added my 1's and 0's and calculated ain't no way these are all connected.

I suspect your math is as faulty as your grammar. Meteors enter the Earth's atmosphere all the time. Almost none of them make the news. The meteor over Russia was of a size that occurs maybe once every five or ten years. Because the Earth has such vast stretches of ocean and uninhabited land, these large strikes often go unobserved. The fact that this one took place over a large city makes it newsworthy. The last such meteor fell over northern Africa in 2008. There have been no reliable reports about the meteor over Cuba. The San Francisco meteor was seen last September.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The grammar was intentional don't be a dusche. I am we'll aware of the frequencies of meteors and meteorites thank you. It goes beyond Russia, count them, 4 meteor or meteorites all over populated areas within a very small time frame. Ans as YOU said they enter our atmosphere all the time. Typically over water since earth is covered in 75% water maybe 76% it rained last night. So if 4 pass over large population centers all of which produced sonic booms should speak volumes to all the ones we didn't see....yes? Which only furthers illustrates my point that they are n....ain't related.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

And please check your facts first.

news.yahoo.com...

Bay Area sighting...

And yes Cuba was confirmed also. Would you like me to do that research for you too?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

And please check your facts first.

news.yahoo.com...

Bay Area sighting...

The fact is, you linked to a YouTube video from September, 2012.

And yes Cuba was confirmed also. Would you like me to do that research for you too?

The story from Chinua has been repeated all over the internet. That is not confirmation. No reputable source has repeated the story. Not that it is impossible, but you are attempting to build something out of unrelated incidents, not all of which have been confirmed.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
CNN just reported a fireball passed over San Francisco the other day.
The Bay area - last night.

Space is a busy place.
The meteorites in Russia have made us notice this more.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The meteorites in Russia have made us notice this more.

Exactly! Normally, people don't bother to report "shooting stars" unless they are dramatic enough to be mistaken for an aircraft in distress. Now local news outlets will be inundated with reports for a few days. Rather than go to the local TV station, you can file a useful report here:

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

As of 10.30 AM this morning, the official Cuban news portal has confirmed the report.

bigstory.ap.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Meteorites and shooting stars happen all the time but not this epidemic of huge, shock & awe fireballs in the sky in several areas all over the globe in just one week and incidentally around the da14 period,

Yet I havent seen NASA or any officials explaining why now or connecting/distinguishing the two events (global da14 event vs multiple local sightings of smaller meteors putting on a show way bigger than shooting stars)

edit on 18-2-2013 by tropic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Meteorites and shooting stars happen all the time but not this epidemic of huge, shock & awe fireballs in the sky in several areas all over the globe in just one week and incidentally around the da14 period

377 fireballs reported in so far this year. In the US alone. That's 8 each day. No so uncommon.
www.amsmeteors.org...

Yet I havent seen NASA or any officials explaining why now or connecting/distinguishing the two events (global da14 event vs multiple local sightings of smaller meteors putting on a show way bigger than shooting stars)
Perhaps because they are not related.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join