It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law of opposition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
The law of opposition,ups and down,however its been established that some people are just down.

Invisible hand/karma however you call it guides you, it does not take action for you + going down is much easier than going up.

If there is a positive outcome in some period of someone´s life, it is because of their hard work. There are low periods of energy, high periods, sometimes it is really easy to go, sometimes there obstacles which you have to conquer. The easier period come because you are using the opportunities you are given, obstacles come on their own and the only way to get over them is to continue working and search for new opportunities.

Overally on one´s "journey" the ups and downs pretty equal themselves out timewise if the person has worked hard, he/she will succeed. If he/she gave up in their first obstacle, they fail.

PS. Sorry if my logic does not make sense right now. It is 5AM here, going to sleep now
I may explain it later if needed.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

It makes a whole lot of sense to me, perseverance is one of the many keys in this case.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The reason I am writing this, is because I realized that when one feels great and everything seems to be perfectly going on, there seems to be an invisible force which is resisting the very fact of one's life greatness. Maybe we, as humans, have to experience highs and lows, especially lows in the case of important lessons, but the breaking point from the high to the low is what is really pissing me off sometimes.

I know what you mean. I was just thinking yesterday how tough it seems to be to string together "good" days where you are just, kind of in the zone.

It's easy to let things like dealing with being a wage slave get you out of your rhythm, but even wihtout that, it just seems like some days I'm missing....a connection, or something. It frustrates me.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Originally posted by arpgme

Greek Mythology says Chaos/Emptiness (Yin/Darkness) gave birth to Desire/Motivation (Yang/Light).

It think it is a question similar to the question : the chicken or the egg first?

The way I see it though is the following: there is no darkness, only an absence of light. The starting point has to be one thing because no thing cannot create as one thing really can.

Just my 2 cents,

Thruthseek3r

There is no such thing as "nothing (non-existence)". Only existence (something) exists. Non-existence is non-existent.

Yin is not "nothingness" because nothingness does not exist. Only existence exists. Yin is "emptiness" in other words "potential".

The potential for a thing to exist, have to exist before the potential takes form.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Greek Mythology says Chaos/Emptiness (Yin/Darkness) gave birth to Desire/Motivation (Yang/Light).

It think it is a question similar to the question : the chicken or the egg first?

The way I see it though is the following: there is no darkness, only an absence of light. The starting point has to be one thing because no thing cannot create as one thing really can.

Just my 2 cents,

Thruthseek3r

There is no such thing as "nothing (non-existence)". Only existence (something) exists. Non-existence is non-existent.

Yin is not "nothingness" because nothingness does not exist. Only existence exists. Yin is "emptiness" in other words "potential".

The potential for a thing to exist, have to exist before the potential takes form.

The existence has to create in non-existence, so where really is the starting point of existence if it can only create and be created out of non-existence ???

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Existence IS.

Time is a concept INSIDE of existence (the universe).

Everything IS (All is All).

"starting point", "ending point"...

Time and every other existent thing, abstract or fully-physical is a part OF the all (The Existence).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join