The law of opposition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi ATSers,

As the title of the thread states it, I will shortly discuss the law of opposition simply put. First, one has to be familiar with the chinese philosophy, the Yin-Yang symbol.

In short, it states that life cannot sustain without equiliber from the presence of inter-related opposites. The Yin isbeing represented by the dark, female, cold and water aspect. The Yang is being represented by the light, male, hot and fire aspect. It has to be noted, these examples are only a few of many possible representation of duality present in our 3 D consciousness in this present time and maybe in a distant past, but this is a whole other topic.

The reason I am writing this, is because I realized that when one feels great and everything seems to be perfectly going on, there seems to be an invisible force which is resisting the very fact of one's life greatness.
Maybe we, as humans, have to experience highs and lows, especially lows in the case of important lessons, but the breaking point from the high to the low is what is really pissing me off sometimes.

I am simply wondering if there is a way the make the highs higher and the lows higher too so to say a drop would not be that much of a problem when it happens.

Here is a simple graphic I made using paint so do not worry if it is not perfectly done, the general idea of the of the last sentence is the point of it.

So guys and girls, or whatever, what do you think ?

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Easy, just be grateful

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I personally believe in it.

Everything is about balance between opposites. Even human body works at Ultradian rhythms (cycles) all throughout day. Also rest vs work.

Psychologically a person can not be always extremely positive or negative, as at some point the other half will strike out. Everybody has their ways of dealing with it, but feelings can not be ignored.

From the more metaphysical point I also agree with it, although it can not be confirmed. Some kind of Karma, Invisible hand, whatever it is exists. Whatever is happening, whether it would be economy or relationship, there are ups and downs everywhere and these pretty much balance each other out in the long term.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

Everything is about balance between opposites. Even human body works at Ultradian rhythms (cycles) all throughout day. Also rest vs work.

Psychologically a person can not be always extremely positive or negative, as at some point the other half will strike out. Everybody has their ways of dealing with it, but feelings can not be ignored.

From the more metaphysical point I also agree with it, although it can not be confirmed. Some kind of Karma, Invisible hand, whatever it is exists. Whatever is happening, whether it would be economy or relationship, there are ups and downs everywhere and these pretty much balance each other out in the long term.

how do you know? I actually think that some people are stuck on a slippery slope with no upside. I wish it was like you say but people should open their eyes

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My thought is that the idea that both are necessary suggests that lows increase the potency of the highs, just as hunger increases the quality of satiation.

For instance, order and chaos. Chaos provides a layout of all the weaknesses in everything physical and nonphysical. Order allows the opportunity to improve these weaknesses or understand them. The more pronounced chaos is, the more detailed order becomes in order to compensate.

If you are experiencing a low, you are being shown an opportunity. When you are experiencing a high, you are fulfilling an opportunity. Opportunities are presented for experience, for the understanding to improve our existence in any way we choose. I call it the power of creativity - using the opportunities of chaos to employ the direction of order. Your lows are only as dark and grim as what you take from them. If you see nothing valuable or fruitful in a chaotic event, that is because you don't see any value in the opportunity that is being afforded.

But the thing with value is...it's determined by the scope of your vision. It's determined by the possibilities you are able to imagine and believe in. That's why imagination has always made the world go round - people have dared to value an idea, and because they valued that idea, it came to life. It flourished.

Your only obstacle is your vision. How far you are willing to look to find the flower among the ruins.
edit on 15-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
My thought is that the idea that both are necessary suggests that lows increase the potency of the highs, just as hunger increases the quality of satiation.

For instance, order and chaos. Chaos provides a layout of all the weaknesses in everything physical and nonphysical. Order allows the opportunity to improve these weaknesses or understand them. The more pronounced chaos is, the more detailed order becomes in order to compensate.

If you are experiencing a low, you are being shown an opportunity. When you are experiencing a high, you are fulfilling an opportunity. Opportunities are presented for experience, for the understanding to improve our existence in any way we choose. I call it the power of creativity - using the opportunities of chaos to employ the direction of order. Your lows are only as dark and grim as what you take from them. If you see nothing valuable or fruitful in a chaotic event, that is because you don't see any value in the opportunity that is being afforded.

But the thing with value is...it's determined by the scope of your vision. It's determined by the possibilities you are able to imagine and believe in. That's why imagination has always made the world go round - people have dared to value an idea, and because they valued that idea, it came to life. It flourished.

Your only obstacle is your vision. How far you are willing to look to find the flower among the ruins.
tell that to someone who is born death and blind with painful cancer. Someone is the luckiest and someone is the unluckiest. Just be grateful to improve like the graph alludes
edit on 15-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: changed word

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Greek Mythology says Chaos/Emptiness (Yin/Darkness) gave birth to Desire/Motivation (Yang/Light).

Desire keeps rising. Desire gives birth to individuality.

DO the desire but BE in emptiness.
Take action , then rest.
Do not obsess over the desire.
There is a natural balance and the energy will flow as it does.

To increase Yang, OBSESS over a desire - this increase it but causes suffering/yearning/restlessness.

To increase Yin, RELEASE actions and thought and stay in mental silence - but this will cause dullness.

The balance would be to follow the desires without obsessing, if it can't be fulfilled go to the next for now.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Interesting, but what is your take on having higher highs and lower lows ?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It really is a matter of perception concerning the vision of chaos. Positive thinking or lets say knowing something important is to be learned from a painful experience is the way to go imho.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

how do you know? I actually think that some people are stuck on a slippery slope with no upside. I wish it was like you say but people should open their eyes

Firstly, I am not talking about third worlds countries, where a lot is dependant on your birth status. I am talking about countries with opportunities.

Secondly, In such countries, as far as I have seen, if people are on the slippery, they tend to give up and not take responsibility for their actions which has led them that low. Even the invisible hand does not help the person to rise up, if they do not even try it. The opportunities might be there, but when a person does not use them, then nothing can go better... No action = No results

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

tell that to someone who is born death and blind with painful cancer. Someone is the luckiest and someone is the unluckiest. Just be grateful to improve like the graph alludes
edit on 15-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: changed word

I always believed one makes his own luck and that there is no sickness, only bad health which can be healed.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Firstly, I am not talking about third worlds countries, where a lot is dependant on your birth status. I am talking about countries with opportunities.

Secondly, In such countries, as far as I have seen, if people are on the slippery, they tend to give up and not take responsibility for their actions which has led them that low. Even the invisible hand does not help the person to rise up, if they do not even try it. The opportunities might be there, but when a person does not use them, then nothing can go better... No action = No results

which basically kills this thread doesnt it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Greek Mythology says Chaos/Emptiness (Yin/Darkness) gave birth to Desire/Motivation (Yang/Light).

It think it is a question similar to the question : the chicken or the egg first?

The way I see it though is the following: there is no darkness, only an absence of light. The starting point has to be one thing because no thing cannot create as one thing really can.

Just my 2 cents,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No action = No results

I think this is true about No action = No results, but thoughts has to be included.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

which basically kills this thread doesnt it?

Could you explain in what way it kills the thread ?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The law of opposition,ups and down,however its been established that some people are just down.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Yes, there is a way to make the highs higher and the lows higher.
It's called migration, and birds do it all the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The law of opposition,ups and down,however its been established that some people are just down.

Invisible hand/karma however you call it guides you, it does not take action for you + going down is much easier than going up.

If there is a positive outcome in some period of someone´s life, it is because of their hard work. There are low periods of energy, high periods, sometimes it is really easy to go, sometimes there obstacles which you have to conquer. The easier period come because you are using the opportunities you are given, obstacles come on their own and the only way to get over them is to continue working and search for new opportunities.

Overally on one´s "journey" the ups and downs pretty equal themselves out timewise if the person has worked hard, he/she will succeed. If he/she gave up in their first obstacle, they fail.

PS. Sorry if my logic does not make sense right now. It is 5AM here, going to sleep now
I may explain it later if needed.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How can someone be just down ?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks

Yes, there is a way to make the highs higher and the lows higher.
It's called migration, and birds do it all the time.

Yes but applied to humans what would be the way to do it ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join