It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteors were apart of the asteriod.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Mods please move this to the right spot.

Let me start by saying what i have to say is short and sweet. I also have no real supporting evidence as i have just had this thought.

ATS please help me debunk and or verify this. This may already be being discussed but i just got home and wanted to post ASAP.

I believe the meteor impacts happening are apart of the asteroid that may have been careening towards earth. I think they knocked it off course and parts of the asteroid are now hitting us.

This may be nonsense but who knows and why not.
edit on 15-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not possible.....the meteorite arrived almost a day earlier. This asteroid was only the size of a half a football field(50 yds or so). That piece would have a tough time not only veering course 18000 miles, but would have had to been launched from the asteroid.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Could the way the asteroid was "impact" or broken apart caused it to come in the way you describe?

link   
That (the above posters comments) plus the fact that they were on a different trajectory, it really is just a massive coincidence.

link   
The one that blew up over russia supposedly came from a completely different trajectory which would suggest the two arent related.

I have a hard time with that big of a coincidence, but it seems to hold up.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Im having a hard time believing it to, im trying to find the angle but i lack knowledge in astro physics.

@woog- yeah i keep hearing that but something tells me they are somehow related. I mean ive heard the space rock to space analogies explaining the amount of space between each rock and how likely they are to hit. Applying that logic to this situation would imply that they are closely related.
edit on 15-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Not possible.....the meteorite arrived almost a day earlier. This asteroid was only the size of a half a football field(50 yds or so). That piece would have a tough time not only veering course 18000 miles, but would have had to been launched from the asteroid.

yep and they came from a different direction too.

link   
I Googled this in approximately 3.2 secs.

Asteroid not a part of the Russian meteor

In a short answer: No it was not

link   
Everyone knows it wasnt a meteor that hit russia... . . . It was the X-37b.

Get your facts straight.

link   
I don't think anyone knows for sure how these things work and can impact, considering this is the closest modern asteroid we have observed- I don't like coincidences, not saying that the meteor was part of the asteroid, but the coincidence concerns me for, perhaps, wider reasons

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Yeah a quick google search does reveal that but i dont believe it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

I don't think anyone knows for sure how these things work and can impact, considering this is the closest modern asteroid we have observed- I don't like coincidences, not saying that the meteor was part of the asteroid, but the coincidence concerns me for, perhaps, wider reasons

This is where my heads at.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

This is where my heads at.

the odds of this for example- we have not had such a meteor "captured" with this sort of effect before- ok, so widespread use of cameras is only really something from the last 30/40 years or so, but this is quite an unprecedented event in modern times to happen in a populated area in the SAME 24 hour time span as the closest asteroid to approach earth in a long time- big odds........

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Yeah a quick google search does reveal that but i dont believe it.

That is absolutely your right!

Now your task should be, to convince those that may disagree with you (be it ATS members, NASA, JPL, etc) why this wasn't the case.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

We've had a pretty good idea about gravity since Newton, and more recently meteor explosions with material engineering. It's also been reasonably postulated (recent as in the 60's) that there are a significantly higher amounts of asteroid impacts (remember asteroid is it's name in space, we call it a meteor the second it hits our atmosphere) during February, still unsure why, but since all orbits are periodic, kinda gives a hint don't you think? I've had the unreasonable luck of witnessing 2 meteors in my life, one so close I could actually see rock (was at night a few years ago), was beautiful, and was exactly like what happened in Russia but slower and at night.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A friend sent a message tonight that she and her granddaughter saw the astroid fly over.

She has a really good restaurant and I thought better of telling her she was mistaken. Don't want to make her upset as she cooks the best seafood in the south.

I asked her where it was coming from and she said from north to south.

Her life consists of cooking, making money and family.
She would not enjoy ATS one tiny bit. Not her glass of iced tea.

I believe what she said and do believe it was what hit cuba.

Peace

edit on 15-2-2013 by dizziedame because: to correct mistakes, at least the one's I found lol. And also it is written, must be filled out. I always follow orders when someone is looking. LOL

edit on 15-2-2013 by dizziedame because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMcBacon

We've had a pretty good idea about gravity since Newton, and more recently meteor explosions with material engineering. It's also been reasonably postulated (recent as in the 60's) that there are a significantly higher amounts of asteroid impacts (remember asteroid is it's name in space, we call it a meteor the second it hits our atmosphere) during February, still unsure why, but since all orbits are periodic, kinda gives a hint don't you think? I've had the unreasonable luck of witnessing 2 meteors in my life, one so close I could actually see rock (was at night a few years ago), was beautiful, and was exactly like what happened in Russia but slower and at night.

that may be so, your personal observation notwithstanding, but clearly it is not really close to what happened here, in terms of human experience and observation, on the same day as the closest asteroid passby in God knows how long

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Im trusting my intuition.

Lets say for moment that it wasnt a meteor impact what if it was something else, a weapon per-say?

Lets say it was apart of the asteroid but the media claims that it is with graphs how they are truly unrelated. Well intuitively i dont believe that. I tend to be the type to trust my instincts and i wanted to present ATS with the argument and observe the insinuating discussion to see if myself and others can be aided in our search for truth.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I agree.

Also I talked to a friend of mine, who has studied the field. He had contacted his professors in the morning asked about it, (just in case as some part of his family is living in Chelyabinsk ). All of them had told him, it had nothing to do with the asteroid. Just a coincidence. Also they agreed that it was a meteorite, as the way it looked on the videos was pretty much a textbook case.One of this professors also made a public announcement about it, so I personally do not think there is anything more about to it than just a coincidence. All the focus was on the asteroid, so the meteorite was not noticed.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Phage?!?!?! PHAGE?!?!?! Hello?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join