It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourth Amendment exclusion zone reaffirmed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

If you live within 100 miles of the border (no border specified but it's mainly the Mexican one where it's being used so far) DHS can now seize and search all of your electronic items without a warrant.

All to keep us safe from terrorism.

Back when Bush originally passed the bill the ACLU put up a handy map so you could see if you were affected.

Columbus is inside the range, that explains why cops were able to search my stuff a couple months back. I figured they were just overstepping authority, it turns out they had it all along.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

What can one say? Each country has the government it deserves? Who can be blamed for it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I see several states that are completely engulfed by this exclusion zone. This is legal how?? The residents of these states just don't have any 4th Amendment rights because DHS arbitrarily declares it?

Why does anyone need an AR-15?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guenter
reply to post by Vrill

What can one say? Each country has the government it deserves? Who can be blamed for it?

That is a ridiculous statement. No one in this country elected the DHS gestapo. No one elected anyone to do these things. The politicians have done this and a lot more authoritarian action against strong public opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The orange on that map isn`t correct. lake michigan is entirely within the us border as is the chesapeake bay so the 100 mile zone would not begin at the shoreline of either of those bodies of water and extend inland 100 miles.

The great lakes border with canada extends through the center of lake erie then north up through the center of lake huron, which puts lake michigan firmly within U.S. territory. 100 miles south from the center of lake erie is no where near columbus.

The entirety of the chesapeake bay is also with U.S. territory the border runs along the shore line of the atlantic ocean and the states of Maryland, Delaware and Virginia.

if the 100 mile inland zone is being calculated starting at the shoreline of bodies of water within the U.S. borders then there should be a 100 mile zone extending inland from every river, pond, and lake over the entire country.

I think the orange zone on that map is just someones fear mongering propaganda.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is all part of the New World Order plan, to make the United States crumble by taking away our liberties one by one. Expect the 2nd amendment to go next. Dark times are ahead.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

reply to post by Vrill

That is a ridiculous statement. No one in this country elected the DHS gestapo. No one elected anyone to do these things. The politicians have done this and a lot more authoritarian action against strong public opinion.

And who elected the politicians?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

"Constitution Free Zone" ? interesting, sounds pretty unconstitutional to me.

I am at a loss for words now, so many things I want to say, this just angers me quite a bit.

you mean to tell me, they assume, if there is someone threatening/plotting against the U.S. they are only going to be confined within that specified area?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges ~Tacitus (The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh and you better not put a password on your computer, if you do and refuse to give it to the inspectors you go to jail. Not for not complying, but because they can jail you while you exercise the 5th amendment. Don't want to testify against yourself (and giving over a password counts as this) that's fine, you'll just go to jail for impeding an investigation until you hand it over.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Who is John Galt?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Exactly. That book is so well written and yet upon first read many years ago it struck me as very over the top. Now, every week I run into something that feels strikingly like it belongs in her pages.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I’d rather go to jail then submit to this unjustified nonsense. I wonder how long until something of similar elk comes to Australia... Though we don’t have international borders like you fellas do, only state borders and hundreds of miles of ocean and sea, so it’d be much harder to justify it here. Needless to say they’ll probably eventually try too, and the people here will most likely accept it at the start.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Vrill

Re-read that, including the second sentence.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Vrill

Re-read that, including the second sentence.

I read it. So you had "Strong public opinion".? How does this opinion look? Like impeachment? voting the bastards out of office? Or calling for a referendum or some like that? General strike? Define strong public opinion and why it didn't work?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Worthless power since all REAL badguys have deadman switches installed on their devices. If they don't check in at certain intervals or soon after a boot, there is an explosive on the hard drive just enough to totally destroy the device to unrecoverable data. Also the encryption requires a timed key or the HDD BIOS scrambles the drive as soon as power is applied to it or any connector is removed and continues to do so once the trigger is initiated using a micro battery to keep the HDD energized until completion even if it is taken out of the machine.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
post by Tardacus

You are overthinking the map, I think the reason why the bodies of waters aren't included is because no one lives out there. Just saying.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Bronynonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
Back when Bush originally passed the bill the ACLU put up a handy map so you could see if you were affected.

What bill would that be? You do know that such a "zone" has been in place for far longer than the Patriot Act right? I could have sworn I fought this battle not more than 2 weeks ago....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I see several states that are completely engulfed by this exclusion zone. This is legal how?? The residents of these states just don't have any 4th Amendment rights because DHS arbitrarily declares it?

Why does anyone need an AR-15?

8 CFR § 287.1(a) (1975) is where the "100" miles is derived from. The "1975" is in parenthesis because it was pulled from a Supreme Court case that year in which the Supreme Court stated that such a mile limit doesn't give a blank check to government agencies (particularly the border patrol at the time) to randomly stop cars because they wanted to do a search. Such "roving patrols" and "random checkpoints" are all covered still under the 4th Amendment if we are willing to stand up for it and use the precedent that has already be established.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Vrill

they are selected by the Empire of the City.

don't believe what you see on TV

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bronynonymous
post by Tardacus

You are overthinking the map, I think the reason why the bodies of waters aren't included is because no one lives out there. Just saying.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Bronynonymous because: (no reason given)

wrong.
they are owned by the pope.

they aren't part of the usa

top topics

<<   2 >>

join