It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travelling the world without a passport, any tips?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

How on earth am I going to collect when you are dead in the gutter with all your belongings taken from you.

With no ID, you will just be a dead body and the local Law enforcement will spend oodles of time trying to identify you (perhaps they will be the ones to do you in)

Or taking one of those dodgy fishing boats you refer to, there will likely be no body at all, just dumped over the side to feed the fishes.

But all this is moot. How do you intend to prove that you did this?

Think I'm an idiot, do you?

Ill happily put the money with someone if you do

If Im not at Europe by a certain date its yours, if I am its mine.

Never actually thought of having to prove what Im doing

I hope to meet ATS members on my travels, if you know any you trust in Asia or Europe I dont think it would be difficult for them to verify what Im saying is true.

I dont think your an idiot but it does seem you lack imagination and have a bit of a negative outlook, why would everyone be out to kill me? I dont think my odds of death, robbery, kidnap etc etc are any worse than someone travelling officially

I will do tthis and have an awesome experience at the end thsat I will carry with me for the rest of my life

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Serdgiam

Sounds interesting, if its just you dont wanna put info on a public forum Id love to receive a U2U with more info.

Negative, though I do have plenty of interesting stories otherwise

Im hearing what your saying in terms of other people being affected by my actions. Thats my only concern, if I do get locked up or worse how it would affect my mum. Ive told her I plan to travel just not the no PP part.
Bad things can and do happen everywhere and worrying about them all is no way to live in my opinion.

You should tell her, seriously. If people care about you, you are not just putting yourself at risk but intentionally playing with others emotions, stress, resources, and time all for the sake of adventure and freedom. Like I said, I know that you wont listen to warnings, but your loved ones should know what position you are possibly putting them in. Doing so without their knowledge is shady, in my mind.

Many on this site go on about "freedom" to me thats doing what you want as long as you dont hurt others, this journey for me is an expression of my god given right to freedom.

Sounds like you miss be irresponsible and carefree, pack a bag and come join me for the adventure, recapture that lost youth

I have always felt freedom was a state of mind. We are all restricted in some way, but the way we look at those restrictions is entirely up to us.

I do miss those years in some ways, but I certainly have no desire to revisit them. I was trying so very hard to find excitement and adventure, that I wasnt able to appreciate it even when I did find it. It just made me want something bigger and better. I couldnt even see it when it was right under my nose. I am also not willing to put those I love in such a position ever again, I simply care too much about them.

Either way, my broken back, hip, herniated discs, neuropathy, osteoporosis etc would just slow ya down!

edit on 16-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Ill tell mum and find a way to keep her upto date with my welfare I just havent thought of how yet LOL

Either way, my broken back, hip, herniated discs, neuropathy, osteoporosis etc would just slow ya down!

Nah dude, it will just add to the challenge and excitement

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Ill tell mum and find a way to keep her upto date with my welfare I just havent thought of how yet LOL

I am happy to hear that
Just be honest. She probably knows just like I do that you are going to do what you are going to do. And, probably just like I did, may throw out that its not the best idea

There are many devices that operate off of satellites though, and they can be used not only for location, but communication. I dont want to actually encourage it, so you will have to do the research yourself.

Nah dude, it will just add to the challenge and excitement

It would certainly add to the challenge and excitement.
Though, I struggle to sit, stand, or lay down for more than 10 minutes at a time and have been this way for years. I have plenty of challenge, I promise

I will be over joyed if I am able to ever backpack or race motorcycles again, amongst countless other activities, I tell ya what!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Heck dude you have made up my mind I want to go with you

I take it you like a drinky poo?

We could be these fellas

You can be Ginger

Heck If you make it up to Yorkshire we will go and have that pint or 12

edit on 16-2-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Funny you mention the satellite thing, Im actually looking into getting some sort of small or internal GPS tracker so if I do fall off the face of the earth people will know where I am.

Ill post all my preparations before I head off

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

LMAO WTF did I just watch?

I dont mind the odd drop of alcohol around xmas but if I actually make it to England minus PP well piss it up proper

If ur up for it dude get ur ass over to Malaysia in the next 6 weeks, well leave a trail of broken hearts and slightly richer border guards in our wake LOL

P.s its hard to convey sarcasm via typing, just in case you missed it, yeah I enjoy a beci or 20 over the weelend

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the proof issue would be a major sticking point to any wager. The only this I might accept is a 24/7 live webcam feed so that we could log in and see your progress...and also a GPS implant so that we can see your location on google maps.

Anyway, what I'd likely do is to contact the local mafia and have you done in for a couple of hundred bucks, so I'm up eight hundred!!! How's that for imagination?

As for being negative, I thought I came across as a kind of 'song and dance man', I'm a bit shocked at that one.

My negativity stems from yourself saying that you would probably have to deal with some dodgy characters who would take the shirt from even their Grannies back. There are some really nasty stories about people traffiking out there and your life really means nothing to them, but your money is another matter.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Even if you had access to my GPS it wouldnt be proof I have no PP with me and as for a webcam on 24/7, well apart from being a pain in the a$$ it would be one of those things that stood out and made me a target for thieves.

Very creative with the mafia idea, OK bets off LOL

maybe Im just naive but I really cant see it being worth anyones time killing me, why not just rip me off or rob me. Killing foreigners is generally bad for business in most 3rd world countries. Most dodgy types are smart enough to know you sheer sheep not skin them. I really dont see murder as a serious concern, incarceration is the only real worry I have, everything else is manageable

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What a bunch of debbie downers in this thread.

FYI ATS, leaving your home and travelling in unfamiliar countries does not usually result in death.

Seriously, look into it.

Heck, if Marco Polo could do it in 1271 why can't someone else do something similar in 2013?

To the OP, my advice would be to bring some way of sterilizing water. Maybe a big bottle of iodine tablets. I would be more worried of constant explosive diarrhea than death or imprisonment. Good Luck, Have fun and I look forward to your updates.

Oh, and when you travel somewhere new, don't forget to bring a towel!

edit on 16-2-2013 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Im somewhere between LMAO and Ouch!!!

You dont just get into medical school without the proper educational accomplishments that in themselves take years. He doesnt appear to have that.

I personally know a 57 year old GP who started studying medicine at 43 and he didnt even finish highschool, very little is unrealistic if you have the drive and motivation to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gota say,you took my post very well.
You could have read it as a big attack ,but that was not the intent

yes ,youre right, my intention was more of LMAO post .

Concerning the med School bit:
I think most/many people speak with generalities which i did. There are some real exceptions out there that can pull off the med school thing when that person is under less than favorable conditions all of which I gathered from your posts..
Thats just it,theyre exceptions and you may well be one of them.

Now im getting hopeful that you do this trip. Youve got to keep this site posted.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
What a bunch of debbie downers in this thread.

FYI ATS, leaving your home and travelling in unfamiliar countries does not usually result in death.

Seriously, look into it.

Oh FFS, please read the thread and understand debbies concerns.

It's not the fact that the OP wants to travel from Thailand to England, good luck to him, I wish him well.

It's because he wants to try it without a passport...bit of a difference from your normal type of travel.

And to be lectured by someone who comes from a nation that has historically has a low passport ownership amongst it's citizens made me chuckle. According to an iPad app, I've been to 13% of the countries in the world, I like travel, I do it quite a bit...I've even made it out of your nation alive a few times.

It's because he wants to try it without a passport, sorry if I've mentioned that before.

PS to the OP

I don't know if you have heard about the EU horsemeat scandal, but a few fingers are pointing towards the Romanians...so please steer clear of this place, I don't want to be eating Aussieburger in a years time.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yeah, don't get caught, and avoid people

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Oh FFS, please read the thread and understand debbies concerns.

It's not the fact that the OP wants to travel from Thailand to England, good luck to him, I wish him well.

It's because he wants to try it without a passport...bit of a difference from your normal type of travel.

And to be lectured by someone who comes from a nation that has historically has a low passport ownership amongst it's citizens made me chuckle. According to an iPad app, I've been to 13% of the countries in the world, I like travel, I do it quite a bit...I've even made it out of your nation alive a few times.

It's because he wants to try it without a passport, sorry if I've mentioned that before.

Thanks. I actually read the entire thread before posting. I understand you endorse the possession and use of a passport.

Not having a passport is kinda the whole point of this man's journey though, no? Lets think critically here. The worst possible "likely" outcome would be a small stint in jail followed by deportation. From the sound of it, that is just the sort of adventure the OP wouldn't mind having, though clearly he hopes for a better outcome.

Yes, low passport ownership in my country, we tend to get snippy when forced to show our papers or even own papers for that matter. Something about having to ask permission to travel doesn't sit right with many people in this country. It is a freedom thing I suppose. I can't help but chuckle being lectured by someone who pretends to understand and know me based solely on my current location.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Not having a passport is kinda the whole point of this man's journey though, no? Lets think critically here. The worst possible "likely" outcome would be a small stint in jail followed by deportation. From the sound of it, that is just the sort of adventure the OP wouldn't mind having, though clearly he hopes for a better outcome.

Hallelujah praise the freakin lord!!!!!!!!

Someone actually gets it
Im tempted to open several new accounts just so I can star you more than once.

I kinda got the impression some people on this thread thought I didnt have a PP or couldnt afford one.

If anything happens to me and I end up dead its not gonna be because I had or didnt have a PP

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

I was actually judging the USA, rather than yourself. That's why I said ' someone from a nation'. Sorry for the stereotyping, for all I know, you may have been born next-door to me and emigrated.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Go for it, man. Don't listen to these pantywaists.

My advice would be go by sailboat. You can hitchhike rides on sailboats all over the world. People always like to have extra hands on deck, and when you enter in a sailboat they look at nothing, you usually have to go hunt down the customs and immigration guys yourself.

I've talked my way past so many bureaucrats in so many countries. Bribes work wonders.

I've passed through borders illegally so many times. I shouldn't really post it, I guess, but WTF. I've BSed my way through even at airports, which is where they give you the evil eye with the anal probes and the full body scanners, and the only thing most of these naysayers are used to, if they even have traveled outside the country at all. They don't understand that it's different if you are not on an Apple Vacations package tour.

I once passed through eight borders, including the Panama Canal, with nothing but a letter that I could have typed up myself, on a brand new $3M boat with no name, no registration, no papers of any kind to prove I didn't steal it. We DID have passports, but still. It's easily, well maybe not SO easily doable. Before I left many other captains told me, "No way are you going to make it like that, especially at the Canal. You'll never make it, you'll end up in jail in the third world, bla bla bla" just like you're hearing now.

Note the guy who says he's too old for it anymore is your biggest supporter. One hitchhiking trip I did, THREE different guys told me the same thing: "Don't listen to anyone who says you're crazy, just keep doing it. I always had plans to do some awesome stuff, but was always putting it off cause of this or that. Now I'm too old and I never did anything,"

I'm telling you, go for it, dude. I would go by boat, but overland is cool, too.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Sounds like a cool experience

Thanks for the words of encouragement dude

I know its doable and I know Im not gonna end up dead (at least not because of a PP) so I dont see the big deal and what everyone is so worried about.

Ill look into the boat thing but I imagine in this part of the world the language barrier could be an issue, most fisherman are from tiny villages where english is not spoken.

Cheers again mate

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm in Thailand, and have overstayed my visa for a long time, i was looking at 'doing a runner' over the boarders and making my way back to europe

it certainly is an exciting plan and i wish you all the best if you decide to go down that route, and speaking of routes, i didnt really look at going through china, but i have heard from friends that live in india that they are very firm on people they find, without visas and thing like that.but having had a vague look at doing this myself, i too would go the india pakistan afganistan route, steer clear of iran, unless you speak iranian and have friends there! its not somewhere you'd want to end up waiting for people from the consulate!

good luck!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stitch8689

Out of curiosity how long over have you over stayed?
Whats your plan for getting back?
What part of Thailand you in?
\
Beer in 6 weeks?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join