It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sea Creature Caught

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ok, it's official. I'm never going in the water again. LOL Check out this bizarre and may I say hideous creature that was caught in the waters of New Jersey. It's amazing the life that our planet produces, no matter how horrifying it may be.

Link to the article

Alien-like creature pulled from New Jersey area an Internet sensation

Forget all this chatter about exploding meteors and some asteroid making a dauntingly close pass to earth: There are aliens among us! Or so some might think after inspecting the image of a bizarre-looking denizen pulled from the waters of New Jersey.

edit on 15-2-2013 by Enzo954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

Lamprey
Unfortunate they killed it.

www.itsallaboutfish.co.uk...
edit on 15-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

Just imagine stepping on one of those! Nice find OP

Reminds me of something from Prometheus..

What else is down there....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Looks like a Lamprey Eel

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Unfortunate they killed it.

Let's agree to disagree on that point.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z32Driver
reply to post by Enzo954

Just imagine stepping on one of those! Nice find OP

Reminds me of something from Prometheus..

What else is down there....

Stepping on one would be bad enough. Can you imagine one of those things latching onto your body and sucking the blood out of you?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yikes his whole hand fits in there...probably unleashed at some nudist camp...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's not strange enough, in Portugal, we (me not included) eat them, as we do with most living things.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

No offense to the fine people of Portugal, but I'd rather starve to death!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well I don't want that sucker in my soup,thats for sure..And if so only my mother in law may stir the soup ..

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

I just saw this on the Internet. Thanks for posting

I don't understand---if this planet can house so many horrific looking creatures, why is it so hard for some people to accept that on other planets (and spaceships) there are INTELLIGENT beings that look exactly like these creatures here?
I believe the creatures here are diminutive versions of their peers out there. No one else has a plausible explanation as to where they ALL came from. We know evolution doesn't cut it anymore.

So in theory, this eel could very well be superior on another planet (or spaceship) with reasoning skills and the dexterity to build things.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lamprey Yes

But it sure look's like the worm in Tremors.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's probably some genetic mutation from all the nasty chemicals that DuPont pollutes the waters up there with.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That is one damned ugly looking fish!

I tend to stay out of the ocean and rivers as it is; I don't like having my spot on the food chain dropped exponentially by simply taking one step too many.
edit on 2/15/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
From what I have read, it is thought that it is a trick of the camera angle to make it look as big as it does.

Sea lampreys only measure to about three feet, so the specimen in this image must appear gigantic because of the camera angle.

www.grindtv.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
From what I have read, it is thought that it is a trick of the camera angle to make it look as big as it does.

Sea lampreys only measure to about three feet, so the specimen in this image must appear gigantic because of the camera angle.

www.grindtv.com...

I am sure you are right the pictures of them attached to fish seem to be rather skinny and small.

Ick, and people think they are not going to put human brains in robots at some point if they get the chance!

Scientists install living eel brain in small robot to call the shots

Read more: www.sfgate.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hello, newbie here, I just had to comment on the picture of this creature caught in New Jersey. When I saw this pic I almost dropped my jaw!! I remembered a movie called" Dreamcatchers". I believe it was a Steven King Movie, set in Maine and ended up in a reserviour in MA. The alien being looked exactly like that creature. It starred Morgan Freeman.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

www.grindtv.com...

I read that as well. But when you look at the pic and the size of the spear that the man is holding, and then compare it to the entry and exit wound on this creature, I'm leaning towards this thing is larger than the norm.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember seeing that movie. I read some of the novel as well come to think of it. I believe that the aliens were called "$hitweasels". At least, the eel-like ones were.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There's a large trick of perceptive going on there , its held at an angle to the camera to make it look a lot larger than it really is. If he straightened that sick up you would see it a lot thinner than his wrist which is normal Lamprey size.

edit on 15-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join