It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver finds owl trapped in car grille

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Husband - Honey, what's for supper tonight?

Wife - How about some fresh grilled owl?

Now that was one lucky bird. I hit a pheasant with my fender at a lot less speed one time and it wasn't pretty.

When a motorist was flagged down in a car park in Miami, the last thing she expected to be told was that she had a stowaway on board.

Sonji Coney Williams had been driving her car for a day before a Great Horned Owl was spotted trapped in the grille of her vehicle.

SOURCE

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Did it live? Can't watch the vid.

I've killed more birds with my car....I keep thinking they'll fly away. I guess they keep thinking I'll swerve.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

www.nbcbayarea.com...
thepoodleanddogblog.typepad.com...

Story from a few years ago. Coyote got the same kind of thing.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
silly woman.
you're supposed to change your owl every 3000 miles.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Did it live? Can't watch the vid.

I've killed more birds with my car....I keep thinking they'll fly away. I guess they keep thinking I'll swerve.

It not only lived, it seemed to be in good shape considering what it had just been through.

BTW - The video I embedded is form YouTube but there is another version at the source link you might be able to watch.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
silly woman.
you're supposed to change your owl every 3000 miles.

Well he certainly wasn't an oily boid, she only got 60 miles from him.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
...Now that was one lucky bird. I hit a pheasant with my fender at a lot less speed one time and it wasn't pretty.
...Sonji Coney Williams had been driving her car for a day before a Great Horned Owl was spotted trapped in the grille of her vehicle.

That was a beautiful bird.
Many years ago, my cousin was driving on some rural stretch of highway... He was driving an old car, even for that time...and the floor-board behind the driver's seat had a sizable hole in it...
While driving he saw that he was going to run over a rattlesnake -- and tried to miss it (with the wheels).
As he passed over it, he heard/felt the plunk...but did not see the snake in the roadway, when looking behind through his mirrors. This disturbed him, so he pulled over and started inspecting any possible places it might have lodged in the under carriage, tire wells, etc...and saw nothing...
I'm sure you guessed it - the snake had somehow rebounded through the hole in the floorboard, and was resting dazily in the back seat area.

new topics

top topics

join