Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

So She Goes into the Hospital for a Hernia and, Wait What?????

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would like to introduce you to Linda Ackley of Michigan. Normally the best place to start is the beginning so I will begin there. Mike Ackley met Linda at a Jackson High School Football game when he was a Junior and she was a Sophomore and they became a couple...On second thought lets not go back so far, suffice to say they have been married 24 years.

Back in February of 2011 Linda contracted what is called necrotizing fasciitis which is a flesh eating bacteria that targets soft tissue. Mike thought she was having a stroke and took her to the hospital. It was also found at that time that her sugar levels where much too high and her immune system was shutting down. She had diabetes. She then spent the next week(about) in a coma and on a ventilator and some of the muscles in her stomach had to be removed and she was not expected to survive. As a consequence she has had muscle twitching and tightening in her stomach due to the surgery.

Last week she went into the doctor complaining about some bloating in her abdomen. Believing she had a hernia her Doctor sent her to Allegiance Health facility for a computerized tomography or CT scan. When she had the scan it turned out that she was pregnant. According to Linda, They(she and her husband Mike) didn't think they could have children. They never used anything to stop a pregnancy but children never came. The scan showed that she had 3 to 4 weeks left in the pregnancy.

They decided to do a second ultrasound and found that she had been carrying for 40+ weeks. They then scheduled a C-Section and she gave birth to a 10LB baby girl named Kimberly Kay at 11:20pm last Friday. Everyone is doing fine including the proud Father Mike. Several people rallied to gather the baby essentials and Mom and Baby have gone home.

Some people thought she was hiding the pregnancy, but it is said she is too honest to have hidden it and her excitement would not have allowed her to hide it for very long. Others have questioned how she could not have missed her periods but as she says they have always been erratic. And still others wonder how she could mistake the babies movements for the effects of her surgery but the fact remains she went in for a hernia and came home with a baby.

Congratulations Mike, Linda, and to Kim, Welcome to this crazy world we live in.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 15-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Beautiful, out of a life that has been on the down and outs for years, to be given such a blessing!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wow, wasn't expecting that! It is amazing she lived after the flesh eating bacterial infection, and now she's a Mom!! Wonderful, congratulations to her and Mike.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What a wonderful little surprise and such a beautiful baby.

Hopefully this gives her a some joy after the trauma she's been through.

Congratulations to them!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I was expecting it to end in horror. Goes in for a hernia. comes out in a coffin.

Glad I was wrong. Congratulations to them both...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Well done, Agarta!.

I braced myself before clicking on the thread, and instead ended with a good feeling for the joy it has brought to them both. Congratulations to the happy family.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ten pounds of beautiful healthy baby. At ten pounds her mother must be much stronger than the picture we get from her awful health issues.

To the Mum and Dad - congratulations on becoming parents in such an amazing way - your daughter must have really wanted to be born with you both.

Much Peace...

new topics

join