It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horsemeat found in Norwegian microwave lasgne, and the nation goes crazy!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Most of you won't have heard of this bit of news, and will probably think "why should I care?".
Well you most likely should not, this is just typical Norwegian hysteria over nothing, they found out that a cheap brand of tv-dinners contain some horsemeat, big deal, but what caught my attention is that this is plastered over the news like its a big deal, what are they trying to direct attention away from?
Either its a boring newsday, or they have something they want attention led away from.
Is this practice exclusive to Norway? Anything big that happend internationally today?

This is a prime example of the idiocy of the Norwegian press, and they can be quite idiotic at some times, watching Norwegian media can make me cringe with embarrasment sometimes, from my perspective it seems their target group is a smiling bunch of idiots who will buy anything.

Its scary to see the big media outlets in this country feeding us sheepfood for the mind, and this is just a prime example, horsemeat, seriously? Is that such a big deal? So ok the producer did not specify this on the box, but I don't mind eating a little horse, doesn't make me rile up in anger. Gives me a little, "Meh" thats all.

But no matter, the Norwegian press has splattered this case all over their front pages like its 22 July(Breivik Terror attack) all over again, 3-4 articles covering this on the same site! Given top priority! And these are newssites that cover international affairs as well!

The sheer stupidity of our media is horrifying! We're supposed to be the most developed country on this planet, and we get riled up over this #? Goddamn....
edit on 15-2-2013 by norsefire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Are you aware that whole Europe is affected by this scandal? It all started with Burger King in the UK, now it's spreading through nearly every country in Europe.

As many as 16 countries could be hit by horse meat scandal

edit on 15-2-2013 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Dude, this isn't just Norway, it's a big part of Europe, and it is big so it should be covered in any news source.

You can't just put horsemeat in a dish and claim it to be cattle, next time it will be rat meat or worse.

It's a seriuos matter.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Its funny and sad how double standards are just kinda intrinsic to humanity. SOME animal flesh is ok to eat, but some OTHER animal flesh is NOT ok to eat, even though its basically the exact same thing.

Cow meat good. Horse meat bad.

Pig meat good. Dog meat bad.

Chicken meat good. Cat meat bad.

Anyone know that human actually tastes like pork?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by norsefire

You must have missed the train dude, but just search "horsemeat" on ATS and you will see this has been blown out of proportion all over europe, it is not just Norway.

I agree with you however, must be a slow news day/week/month/year, nothing really major happening(or so you are led to believe by watching the news, which is the point).

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Its funny and sad how double standards are just kinda intrinsic to humanity. SOME animal flesh is ok to eat, but some OTHER animal flesh is NOT ok to eat, even though its basically the exact same thing.

It's not about horse meat is bad, it's about false declaration.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I recently went to walmart to buy some horse steaks and they tricked me it turns out they were regular beef steaks..
boo!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by norsefire
Most of you won't have heard of this bit of news, and will probably think "why should I care?".
Well you most likely should not, this is just typical Norwegian hysteria over nothing, they found out that a cheap brand of tv-dinners contain some horsemeat, big deal, but what caught my attention is that this is plastered over the news like its a big deal, what are they trying to direct attention away from?
Either its a boring newsday, or they have something they want attention led away from.
Is this practice exclusive to Norway? Anything big that happend internationally today?

This is a prime example of the idiocy of the Norwegian press, and they can be quite idiotic at some times, watching Norwegian media can make me cringe with embarrasment sometimes, from my perspective it seems their target group is a smiling bunch of idiots who will buy anything.

Its scary to see the big media outlets in this country feeding us sheepfood for the mind, and this is just a prime example, horsemeat, seriously? Is that such a big deal? So ok the producer did not specify this on the box, but I don't mind eating a little horse, doesn't make me rile up in anger. Gives me a little, "Meh" thats all.

But no matter, the Norwegian press has splattered this case all over their front pages like its 22 July(Breivik Terror attack) all over again, 3-4 articles covering this on the same site! Given top priority! And these are newssites that cover international affairs as well!

The sheer stupidity of our media is horrifying! We're supposed to be the most developed country on this planet, and we get riled up over this #? Goddamn....
edit on 15-2-2013 by norsefire because: (no reason given)

For an individual who obeys the laws of God, the eating of horse meat is a very big deal; esspecially when it is being packaged as clean meat (beef).

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
When you think about it, your mother was right after all.
"It's the thought that counts."

If you think your eating beef, it will likely taste like beef. Same with most other foods now days.
People put so much salt, grease, and sauces on their food they don't know how it really tastes.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Mafia could even hide human remains in this toxic slop they call food

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Some animals were cerated to add to the health of mankind when raised and eaten in a proper diet, others were not created to add to the health of mankind, and generally result in a lower health level.

Scripture lays out what is good for man and what is bad for man to eat acording to the being that created man and beast. If you believe scripture then you would understand that these animals are separated into 2 categories based on whether they increase health, or decrease health when consumed.

Beef, lamb, deer, elk, buffalo, chicken, turkey, duck, goose, etc. were created for the purpose of human consumption; there insticts, natural diets, anatomy and life cycles add to the proof of this claim.

Pigs, horses, bears, rabbits, cats, dogs, gator, vultures, owls etc. were NOT created for the purpose of human consumption; there insticts, natural diets, anatomy and life cycles add proof to this claim.

The reason there are two categories is because the creator of all things created two categories and tells us which beast is in which category for our own health benefit and good.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Of course the media would go crazy in any country and so would most people. It is a big deal and it is a big story.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In my best christmas advertising voice

This is not just horse meat, it is unregulated horse meat.

That means you may be eating, horse boils, horse cancer lumps. Also unregulated means you may be eating horse meat slaughtered in unhygenic conditions and have a good measure of horse poo which could explain the recent outbreaks of E coli, that kills people I hear.

Then there is the fraud. International fraud. One suspect is a drugs dealer that probably funds and transports drugs throughout europe.

Silly Norweigans they should be more like the Brits and miss this issues completely.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

It's not about horse meat is bad, it's about false declaration.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Exactly and the fact there is no way to know whether that meat was actually fit for human consumption and not the remains of some disease ridden beast.

As for the OP - it seems like he's been living under a rock for the past 6 weeks or so.. This is BIG news all over Europe and even overshadowed the meteor hitting Russia!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's called stealth inflation.

This is the effects of, once again, our economy. This is food inflation. This is the point where we're nearly over the precipice and so whatever 'right'. Next comes the water inflated chicken, then the other crazy additives that make our food so tasty.

If you want your beef to be beef, you'd better be willing to pay the REAL price for it. Ever bought a fake tracksuit for £20 and then went to look at the real price, it's usually in the £100's. Real things have gone waaaay up in price thanks to inflation. This masks it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
Silly Norweigans they should be more like the Brits and miss this issues completely.

Huh?

What does that even mean?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

If you have read many of the posts on this topic you would have seen posts from many brits thinking this is a good chance to talk about if we should put horse meat on the shelves.

Not here for an argument

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I have been around the threads on this and haven't seen much of that - what I have seen though is British people not overly bothered by the idea horse meat per se, but rather the dishonesty and not knowing if the meat is actually fit for eating. Nobody I know has expressed any actual disgust for eating Horse - just whether it is from a safe source. You can buy horse in the UK, it's just for most people it's low down on the list of preferred meals.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Maybe we visited the threads at different times as the story got more news. The last few days that attitude appears to be changing to a more sensible stance.

The worry I have if the market researchers see acceptance they can report back to the food industry that they don’t have much to worry about and you can bet they are looking. Its time they cleaned up their act.

I personally am not offended by eating horse meat but as you wrote, this is not the issue.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Very possibly - I've been busy at work and, to be honest, the constant news coverage is wearing thin so I have tuned out the last few days...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join