It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tank at Hanford leaking radioactive liquid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hanford nuclear facility leaking

www.king5.com

The U.S. Department of Energy has determined one of the single-shell tanks storing radioactive waste at Hanford is leaking around 150 to 300 gallons of liquid per year.
DOE officials have not determined the cause of the leak.
The reported tank, the T-111 located in the T Tank Farm at Hanford, was built in the 1940s and was "stabilized" in February 1995. It currently contains approximately 447,000 gallons of sludge, a mixture of solids and liquids with a mud-like consistency. This is the first tank that has reportedly been leaking since the interim stabilization was completed in 2005.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/15/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A little frightening... More radiation going into the environment up here in the northern hemisphere, especially following Fukushima. NOT GOOD!!! I'm just wondering how long it's gonna take to actually see the impact all this radiation is having. And they are trying to say there is no immediate danger here... Who are they trying to kid??

www.king5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/15/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use Exact Title for BAN submissions.

edit on 2/15/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It is only a matter of time until this become's a reality.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
With all this radiation from cell phones, wifi, Fukishima, ect ... I'm still waiting for people to start developing super powers.

It seems we can't stop ourselves from harming ourselves.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

The effects are already felt. Since the first atom bomb, and now cancer cases have exploded world wide. I'm aware many types of cancer, have various causes but it's a known fact Radiation does and will cause cancer with prolonged exposure. I would be willing to bet money all the cases of throat, lung, and GI cancers are helped along by the abundance of radiation in the air.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Seattle PI Article Hanford Leak

This article is a little more informative, and, to me, shows this problem is more disturbing than what they are trying to play it out to be... It's been leaking for quite a while (but no one actually says HOW long), and leaking 150-300 gallons a year. A plant that is under construction on-site to treat the waste is YEARS behind schedule and billions of dollars over budget. I don't see this situation being rectified anytime soon. This is just going to keep getting worse. And the most bizarre part is that people here on the west side of the Cascades seem to be paying more attention than the people that live near it. I just don't understand. I guess maybe some people think ignorance is bliss...?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Yes I agree,But we know TBTP have a plan.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm temporarily staying in the area presently.
Thanks for the heads up

P.S. Don't drink the water

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join