It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website wants Kentucky gun owners Personal Info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Website wants Kentucky gun owners

www.wkyt.com

FRANKFORT, Ky. (WKYT) - If you own a handgun here in Kentucky, there's a website owner searching for your name and address. Letters went out to every sheriff in the state looking for that information.

Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton got the certified letter late last month.

"There's no good that's going to come from that, in my opinion," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-2-2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, it was just a matter of time, I'm sure that before it's over, it's really going to hit the fan. For some people, their guns are their babies, and they will fight hard to keep them.
So, somewhere there's a master list of people with firearms. . .with that information, the "wrong" people will know what to prepare for when their MANIFESTOS are used to target those for home invasions, as just one example.

www.wkyt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, I tossed heavy.com name into the wolfs den. I hope anon hits them hard. All this crap is getting absurd, people wanting to publish names and addresses of gun owners, for what? To paint a visible target on their backs, it's dirty business. Antigun nutcases have no problem pointing violent people in your direction if you oppose their way of thinking. It's sick, I could go and publish names and addresses of the few non gun owners and antigunners in my town, but I wouldn't. I don't want to cause them injury for having a different mindset. As long as they aren't trying to get legislation passed that affects the rest of us, we are fine with the antigunners and their opinions here.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It should be illegal to publish people's personal information, without their consent.
The US really needs to work on its privacy laws.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a privately owned website, correct? If so, there is no good excuse at all for wanting anybody's personal information without their permission, no matter the reason. Besides, would it even be legal for them to obtain such information without permission of the person the information pertains to?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Being from Kentucky, I would like to ask why be sneaky? Arron Nobel should just come down to the Knob Creek shoot this year Apr. 12,13,14 and set up a booth and ask people to register.
If that doesn't work maybe he should man up and just try to take them if he can.

Many people in Ky. love their gun's.That include's law enforcement.The first Sheriff in the country to step up and say he wouldn't confiscate guns was from Ky.Many of the shooter's in the above video are law enforcement, yea like I said come take them if you can.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If this spreads to other states, everyone will be on a list owning a firearm. Next logical step would be for the Gov. to declare firearms illegal, and start having police/fed's to go house to house grabbing all the guns up, hoping everyone will cooperate, though I believe it may get kinda ugly. Hopefully this doesn't end up happening, but it is indeed possible. Seems like it's goes that direction.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This same thing happened this past week in Maine. The Bangor Daily News sent a request to all law enforcement in the state requesting the names and addresses of all concealed weapons permit holders. They have since recinded the request due to a huge public backlash, but it still happened.

new topics

top topics

join