It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Typhoon pics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Eurofighter looks cool,but thats about the end of it.When the F22 comes out it will beat all Eurofighters and look 10 times cooler
As for projects,if F22 was 20+ years old,i bet USAF are working on hypersonic aircraft

why would it fight a typhoon all you'll use it to do is bomb countries with mabye one squadron of mig 21's and thats the wealthier naitons.
they are probably or an upgrade to the F22, mabye they will get money and get the YF23 back in service....
ah but thats just a dream.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Eurofighter looks cool,but thats about the end of it.When the F22 comes out it will beat all Eurofighters and look 10 times cooler
As for projects,if F22 was 20+ years old,i bet USAF are working on hypersonic aircraft

The british were looking into Hypersonic aircraft in the 50's, its nothing new.
www.aemann.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

Also do u really believe all the money spent on Eurofighter was used on it and that none was syphoned off into black projects etc????

Have heard rumours to this effect but nothing concrete.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplane_uk

Also do u really believe all the money spent on Eurofighter was used on it and that none was syphoned off into black projects etc????

By "black" projects what do you mean?The way you put it as "black" projects make me want to know more

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

By "black" projects what do you mean?The way you put it as "black" projects make me want to know more

The US isnt the only ones working on secret projects u know!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by bodrul
i dont like this aircraft ( even so it looks good )

designed over 15 years ago ( out dated design)
cost way more then it was estimated ( waste of our tax money )

we could have spent the money designing/ building better planes

just my opinion

out dated design ?
you do realise the vulcan beat two F15's in A2A combat and that is even older than the typhoon.
and the F22 is over 24 years old and that is a highly regarded plane.
waste of our money?
so the building of the supercruise engine was a waste of money?
we didnt have any other better planes to build.
just a few notes

calm down ( i will be reading more into the typhoon )

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

calm down ( i will be reading more into the typhoon )

i am calm. i'm just pointing out a common mistake or few.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It is not surprising that EE had that kind of stuff going on, they had a habit of making planes that where ahead of there tine.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is it me or doues the P.48 have a look af Concorde about it?

[edit on 3/11/2004 by 300k]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rvfried
The Typhoon is a great engineering feet for Europe....it looks like a hot airplane. I wonder if they will have an airborne data link with US fighters/AWACS?

All eurofighters will have JTIDS and LINK-16, as do most current fastjat planes in RAF service.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 300k
Is it me or doues the P.48 have a look af Concorde about it?

[edit on 3/11/2004 by 300k]

A great deal of work like this by EE and Bristol was instrumental in the evolution of BAC's SST layout. The fact that Sud Aviation came up with the same layout in its studies made collaboration almost inevitable. Or, yes it does

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Typhoons look great

love cool looking and cool performance planes hehe

F 22 does look cooler tho

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by white_raven0

F 22 does look cooler tho

if u think that looks gd , look up the YF23.
much more sexier

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i can remember seeing typhoon at RIAT at fairford (I think Last Year) and it does appear to be quite a stunning aircraft, in also had the chance to get up close and personal unitill they made me delete half my pictures from my camera because i had accidently photographed up the exhaust thingy (technical words ohhhhh...) and some of the avionics, it does look pretty cool though....

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

out dated design ?
you do realise the vulcan beat two F15's in A2A combat and that is even older than the typhoon.
and the F22 is over 24 years old and that is a highly regarded plane.
waste of our money?
so the building of the supercruise engine was a waste of money?
we didnt have any other better planes to build.
just a few notes

Do you mean the Vulcan bomber that the RAF used to use?

If so, what do you by it 'beating' 2 F-15s in air to air combat? - Did it shoot them down or something?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

If so, what do you by it 'beating' 2 F-15s in air to air combat? - Did it shoot them down or something?

the USAF pilots probably died of shock.
yeah. i dont know all the facts, just the fact that the F15's were beaten.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

the USAF pilots probably died of shock.
yeah. i dont know all the facts, just the fact that the F15's were beaten.

A Vulcan beating two F-15
Thats
Cool.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 300k

A Vulcan beating two F-15
Thats
Cool.

before this gets out of hand i am going to do another check on google for this.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't have a link to anything on the web but reference to my 'Flight International' archive shows that at the 1977 Red Flag a a Vulcan was tasked with taking out a target and a pair of F-15's were tasked to stop it.

They not only failed to do so but, incredibly, they also failed to find and intercept it after the fact meaning that in a 'real' war said Vulcan was at liberty to come back and have another go

AT the same excercise RAF Buccaneers reatedly avoided interception by the USAF, greatly impressing the US ground observers. This should be taken in the context of a senior US general saying in 1969 when the RAF recieved its first Buccs' that 'you now have to bear the scorn of your enemies and the pity of your friends'. Oops

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I don't have a link to anything on the web but reference to my 'Flight International' archive shows that at the 1977 Red Flag a a Vulcan was tasked with taking out a target and a pair of F-15's were tasked to stop it.

They not only failed to do so but, incredibly, they also failed to find and intercept it after the fact meaning that in a 'real' war said Vulcan was at liberty to come back and have another go

AT the same excercise RAF Buccaneers reatedly avoided interception by the USAF, greatly impressing the US ground observers. This should be taken in the context of a senior US general saying in 1969 when the RAF recieved its first Buccs' that 'you now have to bear the scorn of your enemies and the pity of your friends'. Oops

- Waynos you are a star.

Thanks mate; I was pretty sure I had remembered a real and genuine actual story & not fried my brains entirely!

Vulcan and it's abilities against fighters?

When they did the high altitude stuff early on they were flying so high that the fighters flamed out and fell away far far below.

When they switched to low level they were roaring along at high speed calmly riding the horribly turbulent air flat on the floor thanks to that big thick wing.

Vulcans were C.O.O.L.

(and the Victor was a hell of a cool looker too
)

[edit on 9-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Originally posted by waynos

- Waynos you are a star.

Thanks mate; I was pretty sure I had remembered a real and genuine actual story & not fried my brains entirely!

Vulcan and it's abilities against fighters?

When they did the high altitude stuff early onthey were flying so high that the fighters flamed out and fell away far far below.

When the switched to low level they were roaring along at high speed calmly riding the horribly turbulent air flat on the floor thanks to that big thick wing.

Vulcans were C.O.O.L.

(and the Victor was a hell of a cool looker too
)

A major plus of the vulcan was that above 30,000 feet, it could out turn, climb and dive every interceptor/fighter of its day, all due to that massive wing. Just one of the reasons the Vulcan lead test pilot demanded central stick controls like a fighter rather than standard control columns on the Vulcan

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join