It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith VS Hope. The freeman´s will VS the slaves illusion.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Faith and hope are both the same. If you have faith in something, you are hoping it will prevail. If you have hope in something, you have faith that it can prevail. They are one in the same when used in such a way. Just a pure play of the mind.

If anything, faith is a glorified hope.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

It has been already said in one of my previous post, but faith involved unconditional confidence and certainty about a certain result while hope lacks it.

It is the big difference between the two in my honest opinion.

Thruthseek3r

Faith is a confidence, hope is an expectation. If you're talking about manifesting something, I fail to see the difference between the two. They can be equally affective when employed correctly. Why make one more nobler than the other?

The mind may see them as separate things, but they sprout from the same root.

It is not about one being nobler but more effective than the other. Having tried both shown me over time faith simply works far more better than hope.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
It has been already said in one of my previous post, but faith involved unconditional confidence and certainty about a certain result while hope lacks it.

It is the big difference between the two in my honest opinion.

It's a difference but is it really that big of a difference?

I don't think it is, at least not as laid out in the OP.

Maybe not from the OP, but from my perspective, I see a big difference between the two. It has been said in one of my earlier post.

Thruthseek3r

Thuthseek3r

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Well the OP laid it out as if they were night and day or black and white. I don't know if you also see it like that but from my perspective they are more similar than different. Pointing out one aspect where they are different and comparing that to their similarities would easily tilt a scale.

edit on 6-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Faith can also be the hope and rational optimism in better things as yet unseen, even in the best of the best although not visible to the 5 senses and the egoic mind.

In this way faith is the very height of true reason, logic and understanding.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

To have hope on something means one has acknowledgment and certainty something will happen

hope false hope/illusions

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join